Oct 24, 2014
Round 14 - Brazilian Grand Prix
F1 2015 Season 11

Race Information:

Date: Thursday 4th August 2016
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Laps: 36

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Informed Absences:
@Sean B
@RBOS_00
@BeMu
@HRacingGreen
@oljoca

Qualifying bans:
@oljoca (25 penalty points)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Alright guys, we got 2 rounds left. I know some guys will be away but lets try to have double digits on the grid this week. I've put in quite a bit of practice already, hopefully I'm competitive and don't lose too much pace as I'm away from home until Sunday night.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Finally a nice track, not like Austin :wideyed:

Hoping to repeat my good pace from the mini-season, besides the stupid exit of the pit :banghead:

• Agree
Reactions: AOR Adrenaline

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Yeah this is a track where last season I felt I had a legitimate shot to win the race based on my pace, so I'm aiming for a podium here. I'd love to get a 1-2 and I think thats possible, and having done 3 50% practice races already I'm pretty confident on the strategy.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Andrei Codreanu

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I'm not racing if we have 7 people or something ridiculous, just putting it out there.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Yeah this is a track where last season I felt I had a legitimate shot to win the race based on my pace, so I'm aiming for a podium here. I'd love to get a 1-2 and I think thats possible, and having done 3 50% practice races already I'm pretty confident on the strategy.
Don't forget that @Birkoff took your DNF title yesterday from you, so you need to fight back ;)

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
I'm not racing if we have 7 people or something ridiculous, just putting it out there.
Well we won't have more drivers if you're not racing. It will go down as a "uninformed" absence and 10 penalty points added.
If we are fewer than 7 people the race will be cancelled because we need to at least have the majority of the drivers racing.

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
Good luck guys, I'll be following the stream to see how you get on!

btw, would it be a bad idea to promote some of the GP2 runners if we have too low numbers?

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
btw, would it be a bad idea to promote some of the GP2 runners if we have too low numbers?
Thought about it. But they have similar numbers as we do.

One option I thought about was to mix the two tiers for the last rounds if the numbers are so low for both tiers.

• Disagree
Reactions: Andrei Codreanu

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
@Jthorn97 Probably you're not aware of it, due to not racing that much time in AOR, but split's never get mixed, just because of the pace difference, nor the lobby settings, but especially the cancellation of a race isn't done, just because less people show up. It's not the first time a season has quite a low number of drivers in the last round, still it didn't get cancelled.
Now that F1 2016 is coming out just a few days after the last race, there is also no time for re-scheduling.

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
I raced with the guys, I feel like some of them could even score in double figures in this split. They're not as bad as you might think (well, the top runners aren't :p)

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
@Jthorn97 Probably you're not aware of it, due to not racing that much time in AOR, but split's never get mixed, just because of the pace difference, nor the lobby settings, but especially the cancellation of a race isn't done, just because less people show up. It's not the first time a season has quite a low number of drivers in the last round, still it didn't get cancelled.
Now that F1 2016 is coming out just a few days after the last race, there is also no time for re-scheduling.
Well things never change, does they? Just because something hasn't happened before doesn't mean it shouldn't happen later. A race with only 6 people will not be any fun at all any just a waste of time for a lot of us, and I think you misunderstand me when I said we should cancel it because I meant cancel it completely. Not rescheduling it.

Nothing has been decided yet anyway, I'm just thinking about options to make it somewhat worth to spend time practicing as well as turning up for one and a half of an hour on a Thursday night.

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Its a problem for us because its not very fun racing with a low grid but its more of a problem for the streamers. How can you expect them to turn up and commentate over a race with such low numbers? Its just pointless. We were kind of lucky at Austin because there were a few battles going on but think about how awful it would have been if we all managed to spread out after lap 1.

This week we have 3 people missing already, not blaming you guys at all by the way but added to that we have Ollie who probably won't turn up so that's already down to 10 people racing. We usually have last minute pull outs so a couple of those and we may as well just not bother.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
I'm for mixing the 2 tiers and I don't care how the points are given then. the champions are known anyway, let's just have some fun in the remaining races...

• Agree
Reactions: alexukr

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
One race with good crowding and fun > two races with little participation and little action on track. First of all we are all here because of Fun and it is certainly not fun to drive around with 8 People. In this case we should put the rules aside and see how we can ensure good racing in the remaining two races

• Agree
Reactions: Desimpele

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
We'll see what we can do for this round. Obviously we cant merge the tiers if we have more than 16 guys driving total and it will come down to what the 3 coordinators decide is best for everyone and the league(s) in this situation. I'm hoping everybody shows up, we have 10 or 11 guys race hard and put on a great show. This is a track that everyone should know incredibly well and will allow us to mix it up quite a bit.

@oljoca can you please message either @Jthorn97 or myself ahead of time if you are going to miss this week's race with your reason. I don't want to have to blacklist you for next season but you have put us in that position by missing the last couple races.

I don't get back until late Sunday night so if people want to practice I'll be on for a bit on Monday and Tuesday. Still have to buy a new mic though as mine is still in several pieces after Japan so I'm hoping to have that sorted by Wednesday at the latest. Its been a successful season guys, so lets try to finish strong. I know most of you have access to the beta and are sick of this game (and excited about 2016), but we still have to finish off this season.

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
Obviously we cant merge the tiers if we have more than 16 guys driving total and it will come down to what the 3 coordinators decide is best for everyone and the league(s) in this situation.
What about the streamers though?