PC - Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix [27/01/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix [27/01/2018 08:00PM]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
Considering that I made way too many mistakes, P6 isn't too bad at all. My race pace was on point and definitely the best in a long time, and had qualifying worked out for me and I had I made less mistakes, I would have probably been in contention for a podium, and possibly even a win.

Highlights:

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Considering that I made way too many mistakes, P6 isn't too bad at all. My race pace was on point and definitely the best in a long time, and had qualifying worked out for me and I had I made less mistakes, I would have probably been in contention for a podium, and possibly even a win.

Highlights:
The Ferrari battles were fun while it lasted

Sweatu

S16 AOR PC F10 Champion
Mar 26, 2018
did not feel like it would be a good race but i Q on P3 what wasnt actually bad
started a bit better then @xDerpOG but lost it at the end of the acceleration so we were even and he had the inside in the first corner
couldnt really keep up with him and i noticed @DwergC was right behind me so i let him past and tried to sta with him and catch back up to @boxen and @xDerpOG
he did a mistake and i thought wow now i am on my own again but i could catch up and after the pits the cards were reshuffled ...
derp in front of boxen, me and dwerg
we catched the soft runners fast and i was a whole lap behind @cata82
after me and @DwergC overtook him we were right behind the other 2 guys and in L17 in T1 it was too much
i saw dwerg on my right side in the braking zone and completly forgot to brake and bumped into @boxen which led to his 5sec stop and go penaltyy and my front wing dmg
couldnt keep up with these 3 and got overtaken by @BlackPanthor
so in the end it was a sad 5th with a potential win i think

gj to the top 4

cata82

Pro Karter
Sep 8, 2018
we catched the soft runners fast and i was a whole lap behind @cata82
well, now to be honest i was fully aware of you guys coming behind me and i knew i had no chance, so didn't try to block any lines or re-attack, or late brake myself on any of you. But i must say that @Sweatu really showed patience and no rushed attacks or something, i really appreciate that kind of racing!

• Burn
Reactions: Sweatu

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Results are updated.

Sorry they took so long. Had to spend an extra day in Helsinki because my flight got cancelled and didn't have time for them yesterday.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hope you enjoyed your stay in Helsinki!

Meanwhile you can vote for my double overtake on @Frihman and @Neil Bywater to be awarded as Ovetake of the Week! :)
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/overtake-of-the-week-italian-grand-prix.51865
I’ll vote, won’t say who.

I’ll just say, overtaking two battling cars on DRS down that straight is an expectation. ;)

I knew you weren’t going down the middle though!

Now my pass at Blanchimont on you in Spa last week is another matter! Balls of Steel, although I prefer to go around the outside there, Verstappen style.

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
It was awarding and felt really nice. Just like down the Kemmel in Spa, because I utilize low downforce as much as I can.

By the way there was no DRS, this was end of Lap 1, beginning of Lap 2. ;)

Yeah well I let you go in Blanchimont that time, there was no way we could go side by side through it, but it was awesome too!

I can see this battle for P7 in Constructors is getting really tense. :D

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
It was awarding and felt really nice. Just like down the Kemmel in Spa, because I utilize low downforce as much as I can.

By the way there was no DRS, this was end of Lap 1, beginning of Lap 2. ;)

Yeah well I let you go in Blanchimont that time, there was no way we could go side by side through it, but it was awesome too!

I can see this battle for P7 in Constructors is getting really tense. :D
I’ll need to step up then.