PS4 - Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix - [27/01/2019 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix - [27/01/2019 8PM UK]

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 27th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-
@kieranrp
- (@Thomas_Scibilia)

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
Mamma Mia! Italy is probably going to be a DRS-fest which could turn out to be entertaining. I feel comfortable on the track but not sure how outright pace is like against some of you aliens

Reactions: Simone Iamotti

Sean FAP Belkom

S16 AOR PS4 F2 Champion
Jul 4, 2018
Mamma Mia! Italy is probably going to be a DRS-fest which could turn out to be entertaining. I feel comfortable on the track but not sure how outright pace is like against some of you aliens
il ritmo è buono con le polpette olandesi abbinate al dessert FAP :love:;)

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
Italy Irritation

Qualifying Position: 8th
Finishing Position: 10th

A bad run of form continues as the Italian GP didn't go to plan. Slight optimism turned into moderate desperation after a bit of relatively shocking racecraft from myself in the first few laps which impacted my entire race.

Qualifying went somewhat well in intermediate conditions. I hadn't done any wet practice beforehand but quickly found the correct braking points and driving style to put in a decent lap time. Once again the competition turned out to be incredibly tight and even though I was only 0.25 seconds off pole position, it was only good enough for P8.

Most of the drivers started on the Soft compound and so did I. I planned to be aggressive for once because my race starts hadn't been good lately. Turns out I was immediately reminded why I am very bad at doing aggressive driving when I locked up into turn 1, slightly lost control of my car and hit someone in turn 1. I was contemplating on letting the affected drivers through but decided to hold position.

It wouldn't matter anyway as I did get front wing damage from that impact which hampered my race. On lap 2 I was fighting @xTheHEaglex and @VP_DamnDqniel but once again I might have misjudged my braking and hit @Kiiski123 in turn 1. After that I decided to calm down and let a few drivers through after gaining an unfair advantage with my divebombs.

After that I was merely trying to limit the damage and try to hold on to a points finishing position. My front wing damage made it difficult to follow others, especially in the Parabolica corner where I was understeering a lot and had to take a sub-optimal racing line. Eventually people started overtaking me but at least I was able to have some fun fights with @McGrady-I and @Vettel_Racer_5 in the latter stages of the race.

In fact, one battle with McGrady happened right before the pit stops. I think we were side-by-side coming into Parabolica where I believe I was on the outside, preparing to come into the pits. I'm not entirely sure what happened but I guess I was unaware of McGrady on the inside line and he probably had to take avoiding action as he didn't want to pit on that same lap. We just about managed to avoid contact but it flustered me enough to forget about the speed limit and as a result, I got a 5-second time penalty for speeding.

At that point all hope was lost for solid points but I tried my best regardless. In the end I finished P10 which is very little consolidation but it also effectively means that any hope for a title fight is now lost.

Congrats to the winners. Next one should be a very interesting one with Singapore most likely being the greatest struggle with tyres. I've been struggling a little bit with motivation to practice but hopefully I can find it for the rest of the season and turn things around. See ya there

Reactions: Casper24-F1