PS4 - Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix - 27th January 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix - 27th January 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 27th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Da Eagle

Last edited:

danio

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Time for some points here. Not fastest but deffo feel confident on that track

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I picked up a rib injury today playing football (I know that at my age I should be playing bowls or something less physically demanding). Pain is bad at the moment but I do want to race. If I'm not around at 8pm do not wait for me. If I do race, I may need to quit but I'll just drive into the pits and retire. Good luck to everyone and have a good race.

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
I picked up a rib injury today playing football (I know that at my age I should be playing bowls or something less physically demanding). Pain is bad at the moment but I do want to race. If I'm not around at 8pm do not wait for me. If I do race, I may need to quit but I'll just drive into the pits and retire. Good luck to everyone and have a good race.
Sounds good mate. We're not as young as we used to be! :LOL:

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Qualy - P12
Race - P14

Summary - Qualy went well. Managed to get into the top 10 for a short while, then ended up dropping down the grid to P12. Simple strategy, start with the SS, then one-stop it around Lap 11 for Softs, and take them to the end. Formation Lap was a complete cluster! Not sure what happened, but many drivers, including myself, got sent back to the grid for going too slow. No idea what was going on at the front of the train? As for the race, it was a tight squeeze thru the first chicane and ended up falling back to near last, trying to avoid damage. Managed to make up a few spots until Parabolica. A car was sideways on the track (must have lost the rears), collecting myself and about 2 or 3 other cars. Game over. The collision damaged part of my wing and I came to a near dead-stop. Decided to continue on, but lost so much time with the damaged wing the collision. Kept pushing and could only make up to P14. That's racing I guess.

Even better is that I forgot to record the race! o_O

Congrats to @JimiRäikkönen on the win!
Congrats to @Nick-1054 and @MJ7 to round out the podium!

Reactions: Salvo Failla

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Quali P6 - messed up my last run but not sure I would have gained too much as my quickest time felt pretty good.

Race P9 - Pleased to finish for the first time in a fortnight! Gained a place at the start with a thankfully clean first chicane, out-braked myself in true online noob fashion at the start of lap 2, giving @Limaro_83 a push and getting an orange front wing for my troubles. Lost a lot of time through Ascari and the Parabolica each lap as a result so pitted L8 for mediums.

Had a decent battle with @Wesley3071 after half spinning straight out of the pits (cold mediums are awful!), probably a little forceful getting past one of the Haas cars after that into T1, then an otherwise quiet run to the end.

Given I was quick but mistake-prone in the last 2 races, I'll take this as a result to get me back on track and back in the points.

Reactions: Martin_Robertson

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Q: P10
R: P13

Q: Great session. At the last attempt I finish in TOP 10 with my personal best time in Monza.

R:
00:03 - Start the race, @chaingang123 overtakes me;
00:53 - Contact with @KroNoS271 ;
01:02 - I overtake @Jason007 ;
01:29 - I try to stay out for a lot of laps, so I get P7;
01:43 - @Limaro_83 and @Hunter17 overtake me, BOX!
02:43 - Blu flags for @SEAN-GBR ;
02:52 - I finish my race in P13.

This race was damaged by a contact in the first lap. Congratulations for the drivers that have completed the podium.

A particular mention for the special emotion that I have felt in this race, my home race, THE AMAZING MONZA.

See you all in Singapore ;)

Martin_Robertson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
QF: Pole!!! Only 30 mins of practice and I stick it on pole. Easy stuff this :ROFLMAO:

Race: P4 maybe P3
Managed to get disqualified on the formation lap so had dirty cold tyres for the start. Turns out it does make a difference and was swamped at the start. Another race, another 5sec stop/go penalty, which push me down the field and into traffic. Any hopes of a win out the window. Chased down @chris130256 and @MJ7, got passed Chris and immediately damaged my wing on Mo! After that it was a case of trying to keep Chris behind me and keeping a gap of less than 5 secs to Mo, and after some good battling with Chris i came in 4th.

Congrats to @JimiRäikkönen on another win, you’re not getting bad luck anymore and showing your pace (y) @Nick-1054 on another podium, super consistent mate and @MJ7 for getting 3rd (or 4th!)

JimiRäikkönen

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 4, 2018
Qualifying: 2th, I practised ALOT for this weekend and i was hoping for a front row before qualifying. Monza is one of my all time favourites:p I had a few really bad laps at the start but then managed to set up a decent time and I sat on a pole position for a time being. And there I was, sitting happily in a garage spectating the end of qualifying and hoping that no one could break my time but then comes @Limaro_83 and breaks my time with just 0,05 secs... Nice mate!

Race: 1st!
@Limaro_83 goes wide on a formation lap and destroys his chances to keep the lead because of dirty cold tires even before the race starts, unlucky :( Lights out, race starts and I find myself from a comfortable lead after the first corner. Since then my only worry would be closing @Nick-1054 and his pace. First few laps I'm really trying to keep gap of over a second to him but I didn't succeed in that ambitious objective. I just ended up draining my battery and burning a Lot of fuel... It didn't take too long after DRS was enabled that Nick got past me. Then I decided to stuck with him and with a help of a DRS charged my batteries. Lap 9 we go to the pits one after another and kept our places. I had a few corner cutting warnings in the first stint and ended up getting one more after the tyre change. It cost me a three second penalty. So, there I was. At a second place, Nick was already keeping a good pace and I had one more thing to worry about. If I wanted to win, I was left no options but to try overtake him and then I should gain more than a three second lead and keep it till the end. At that time it felt impossible to achieve but I decided to try. Rich mix, full ERS no matter how screwed I would be after I manage to get past him. Few laps goes by and I managed to get just close enough before the main straight to overtake him. After that the next few laps were crucial for the outcome. I pushed as hard as I could to gain gap and focused not to make any mistakes that would cost me everything I had gained. Surprisingly I managed to keep the gap and then the situation settled a bit. Last ten laps of the race for me were just a constant effort to keep my pace and controlling my empty battery as effectively as possible at the same time. I was so happy when it all came to an end!

Congrats and thank you for @Nick-1054 for giving me such a challenging race! Without you I wouldn't have been that fast;) Also congrats for @MJ7 rounding out a podium!

Last edited:

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
Q - 11
R - 8

Quali - My setup really didn't work in equal performance like it did in grand prix and time trial mode, so I struggled with getting the times I was expecting. Much more traffic than I was anticipating too. Starting 11th was kind of perfect though as I got a fresh set of SS tires to very easily do the SS to S strategy with almost no concern of tire wear.

Race - Had a decent start, T1 survived, no positions lost but none gained. End of lap 1 I managed a double pass on dani and wjorr down the pit straight up to 9th! Steadily gained on MrRobinhx till managing a pass end of lap 5, again down the pit straight, up to 8th. Another pass start of lap 8 on highground, this time in the T1 braking zone, P7. Pit after others for softs lap 13/14 and came out P6 barely ahead of Limaro. He was obviously faster and my tires weren't warming up very fast, so start of lap 15 he passes me into T1 braking zone. Not much from there till lap 25 on where Limaro and Chris battling lets me get close, BUT my DRS had been broken for a while so even if I could get close in braking and corners, I fell behind in DRS zones. Still managed to get close a few times! My DRS did come back online before the race end, but that also contributed to me messing up my braking zone in T1 on the final lap tapping chris's back tire then getting further tapped into him causing a full spin (really sorry, glad you didn't lose 5th at least!). It also took me form P6 to P8, but I'll take that over the DNF's of the last two races.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
@ramma if people apologise I;m ok with any incident. Too many times I've been taken off the track by someone and they didn't say sorry. Errors are understandable though as we are in the lowest league!

Reactions: ramma

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
For reasons I won’t bore you with I am going “dark” in terms of my online presence and activity. So just want to wish you all good luck for the rest of the season. You are a good bunch
If you do by some turn of events happen to be around for Japan, that's seeming like a race I'll have to sit out for surgery recovery(of course one of my favorite:cry:). I mention that because had you still been commentating some races, I was going to see if you wanted a guest on! Should have mentioned the idea before you going dark since I thought about it a few weeks back when surgery might be happening. But it wasn't till today that surgery was confirmed for sure happening, with the dates becoming more clear but not set yet.

In any case, I hope to see you around again at some point, even if it's not till next season!