PS4 - Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix [29/01/17, 8pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix [29/01/17, 8pm UK time]

• We are aware of some functionality issues with the forums at present. These are being looked into. Feel free to use the bug reports thread to report any issues you encounter. Thanks! :)

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 29th January 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
As of this round we will be clamping down on people no-showing without announcing prior to the race.

The rules haven't been implemented for whatever reason so far in our league, but it's a big reason there are always depleted grids.

There isn't a problem with you not being able to make a race, just let us know in advance and we can call up a reserve for that round.
Post in these race threads if you cannot attend.

The league operates a 3 strikes and you are out policy.

Expect more driver announcements this week.

On a personal note, this is going to be the most exciting race of the season I think! Can't wait :D

• Funny
Reactions: Flushie

Sweetmjp

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2016
Not practiced much on this track so hopefully can have good pace towards race day . Think pole will be crucial as turn 1 u dont wanna be in middle pack thats a defo so lookin forward to it as always

B5NCO

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 13, 2015
can I just ask why some don't do the formation lap? Doesn't seem fair considering those who don't will have less tyre wear

Is there not a rule against this?

• Informative

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
I read somewhere a while ago that the formation lap has no bearing on the condition you start the race. You can't attain any damage, make no difference to tyre heat or tyre wear.

However if the rules state it must be completed people should take more care to navigate the lap properly. I can't remember the last time I wasn't hit on the formation lap.

B5NCO

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 13, 2015
Can assure you that's not the case with wear

In Pratice a while back I finished quali with 5-5-5-5 ands started the race with 8 all round after the formation

GuytheGuy17

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 14, 2016
Yeah you do get tyre wear from the formation lap (In my experience). I qualified in a race with less than 8% on all try's and by the end of the formation lap some were above 10%

B5NCO

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 13, 2015
seen a thread in the stewards about this just now,
perhaps make everyone aware they need to participate in the formation.

it's very easy to see who doesn't considering your crawling past there stationary car at 2mph

• Agree

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Race Update

Announced absences:

@maxtheracer
@Jameswood129

Other news:

@Jorge to serve a qualifying ban for incidents at the British Grand Prix in round 10.

The stewards have announced that @maxtheracer has received a 20 second time penalty and 10 penalty points for causing a major collision with @denzamo at the German Grand Prix.
This changes his finishing position from 3rd to 5th, with @B5NCO moving up to 3rd and myself moving to 4th.

The stewards also announced that the incidents form the German Grand Prix between @AOR Perez & @Adibales and @AOR Perez & @Jameswood129 require no further action.

Last edited:

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
I was told yesterday we can't take anymore reserves at the moment, so if you feel upto it later your car is waiting @B5NCO
Get well soon mate

HRL Cavy

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 29, 2016
For god sakes if we have like 10 people I'll hop in my commentating Williams car and race:rofl:
-But I'm a better commentator than driver so... lol

• Winner
Reactions: AOR Perez

AOR Perez

F1 Sponsored Driver
Aug 21, 2016
For god sakes if we have like 10 people I'll hop in my commentating Williams car and race:rofl:
-But I'm a better commentator than driver so... lol
We should have enough :)

of the 21 drivers, @Dan Pursall, @Jorge, @CheepFX wont probably turn up, and @Jameswood129 and @B5NCO @maxtheracer cant race today.That would leave us with 15 drivers which should be good enough :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1485702483][/DOUBLEPOST]Plus after this race time will run out and Dan Pursall and Jorge will be placed on the blacklist, so we should be able to get 2 more new drivers who will consistently turn up :)