Apr 3, 2018
Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 27th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@m44ibrahim

Last edited:

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Hoping to repeat this kind of move on Sunday night! Really looking forward to this race!

AOR_all3ren

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 4, 2018
Last race with the controller. Racing with the controller was really no fun at all in the last months and you could see that on my pace. I hope the wheel will bring much pace. I know that it will take time to get used to it but im looking forward to score my goals with the time.

LukeEtheridge95

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 29, 2018
Really sorry guys, was looking forward to a cracking race, lost all internet half way through qualifying but it came back pretty much instantly, second time killed it completely. Reset router, it's come back but very slow, see you all in Singapore.

Reactions: jomppalainen

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Really sorry guys, was looking forward to a cracking race, lost all internet half way through qualifying but it came back pretty much instantly, second time killed it completely. Reset router, it's come back but very slow, see you all in Singapore.
Maaan, the one time I do well...

Nah but seriously hope it's sorted for next time, I do enjoy watching the races back regardless of result

jomppalainen

S16 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 6, 2018
Qualy: Set a nice banker with a 19.4 but didn't manage to improve on it much in my final 2 runs. Still a good time though and my last lap netted me P4 on the grid.

Race: Another race, another wheel rotation issue. Formation lap was all fine and dandy and got decently off the line. Was in the middle of Jordy and slimbo and as I started turning into T1 I noticed the rotation glitch had struck again. Didn't get the car turned in and went right into the side of Jordy and kinda got stuck there, forcing him off track (Sorry, man!) and going of myself, eventually being out of the way of others to get the game paused and the wheel recalibrated. Starting to think my new account is cursed at this point.

Was down in P16 but managed to catch up to the rest of the field since there was a lot of battling going on and made my way through parts of the field in the first stint, with some notable battles with oo7_professional in particular. Pitted a bit earlier for the softs and got the jump on Hasnain through the pits, up to P6 on track and net P5. The 3 ahead were battling pretty hard so I caught up to them as well, and got the jump on Pedro since he got front wing damage (I think?) and half a lap later on schumacher and all-eren after they made contact in T1 and compromised each others runs. Didn't manage to clear DRS-range from Eren and he got back past a few laps later. Saved up some ERS for a lap or 2 behind him to give it another go and managed to pull away to secure P2 in the end.

(Also caught up like 12 seconds on vikstar on the last lap!!1 Another lap and surely I'd have got him?)

Reactions: AOR_all3ren

HiippariLate

GP2 2nd Driver
Apr 3, 2018
Quali: p6 really good considering I invalidated 3/4 laps

Race: p11? For the 5th time this season I had a chance to get a podium and for the 5th time I bottled it (this time taking @PedroPMF and @SlimboDude with me). Got a really nice few early laps and found myself in p2 and with some pretty nice race pace. When pedro got past me into turn 1 my exit was compromised and Slimbo got to my outside, onto the 2nd chicane I outbreaked myself and hit the back of Pedro's car, somehow it didn't brake my front wing but ruined my tires since I spun pretty badly. After the pitstop I was making my way back into the group fighting for the podium but after a failed overtake attempt on @tough_2_handle sent me to the escape road and braking my front wing the battle was pretty much over.

tough_2_handle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 5, 2018
Quali: p6 really good considering I invalidated 3/4 laps

Race: p11? For the 5th time this season I had a chance to get a podium and for the 5th time I bottled it (this time taking @PedroPMF and @SlimboDude with me). Got a really nice few early laps and found myself in p2 and with some pretty nice race pace. When pedro got past me into turn 1 my exit was compromised and Slimbo got to my outside, onto the 2nd chicane I outbreaked myself and hit the back of Pedro's car, somehow it didn't brake my front wing but ruined my tires since I spun pretty badly. After the pitstop I was making my way back into the group fighting for the podium but after a failed overtake attempt on @tough_2_handle sent me to the escape road and braking my front wing the battle was pretty much over.
It was you who hit my back going into T1 or @PedroPMF ? That hit pushed me to forcefully cut the chicane and get a penalty which I will appeal shortly once my footage is uploaded. Eren also pushed me off track going into T2 making me loose 4 positions which also am reporting

R14 and still there are people who do not know how to race hard and fair, and most importantly know how to time their moves and know when to let go and fight back next corner or next straight!!

HiippariLate

GP2 2nd Driver
Apr 3, 2018
It was you who hit my back going into T1 or @PedroPMF ? That hit pushed me to forcefully cut the chicane and get a penalty which I will appeal shortly once my footage is uploaded. Eren also pushed me off track going into T2 making me loose 4 positions which also am reporting

R14 and still there are people who do not know how to race hard and fair!!
I don't think it was me the only time I was even close to you was when we were side by side into t1

Reactions: tough_2_handle

tough_2_handle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 5, 2018
Qualy: Set a nice banker with a 19.4 but didn't manage to improve on it much in my final 2 runs. Still a good time though and my last lap netted me P4 on the grid.

Race: Another race, another wheel rotation issue. Formation lap was all fine and dandy and got decently off the line. Was in the middle of Jordy and slimbo and as I started turning into T1 I noticed the rotation glitch had struck again. Didn't get the car turned in and went right into the side of Jordy and kinda got stuck there, forcing him off track (Sorry, man!) and going of myself, eventually being out of the way of others to get the game paused and the wheel recalibrated. Starting to think my new account is cursed at this point.

Was down in P16 but managed to catch up to the rest of the field since there was a lot of battling going on and made my way through parts of the field in the first stint, with some notable battles with oo7_professional in particular. Pitted a bit earlier for the softs and got the jump on Hasnain through the pits, up to P6 on track and net P5. The 3 ahead were battling pretty hard so I caught up to them as well, and got the jump on Pedro since he got front wing damage (I think?) and half a lap later on schumacher and all-eren after they made contact in T1 and compromised each others runs. Didn't manage to clear DRS-range from Eren and he got back past a few laps later. Saved up some ERS for a lap or 2 behind him to give it another go and managed to pull away to secure P2 in the end.

(Also caught up like 12 seconds on vikstar on the last lap!!1 Another lap and surely I'd have got him?)

Create a new wheel profile in the game. That should do it since clearly the saved wheel profile is corrupt for some reason

• Informative
Reactions: jomppalainen

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P9
Was really not confident about my pace going into this one and was surprised to actually be in the top 10. Lap was decent enough I guess, 2 tenths off PB.

Race - P3
Start was ok I guess, but nothing compared to Slimbo and Frandy. But anyway, survived the first but tapped Schnixel at the exit of the second chicane. We both survived but I'd lost momentum and ended up down in 11th. On the next lap, I had a close call with the incident the same chicane but just managed to keep my wing clean. After that I tried to get past Frandy but couldn't really manage it but then he went off between the Lesmos allowing me through. On the next lap Schumacher got me and I decided to just stick behind in his DRS to pull away from the cars behind and to try and regain the time lost to the cars in front. On lap 8 Hiippari and Pedro had their incident, annoyingly I got an illegal overtake on Hiippari as I got past him under yellows. As I hadn't stopped yet I decided to give the position back but this also allowed Senna through. I pitted on lap 10. Jomppaleinen undercut me and I didn't fight him on pit exit cos cold tyres and he was the quicker car. After that we were catching up to the battle up ahead. I believe Pedro had damage and it probably took too long to get past, though I ended up cutting corners and got a penalty in the process. I also got past Schumacher during that. After that I was chasing down Eren and trying to pull away from Schumacher as I had penalties. Luckily, by the end I was close enough to Eren and far enough from Schumacher to inherit P3.

Congrats to @xXVik-StarRxX (or whichever madman was driving that car ;)) on the win and well done to @jomppalainen on the podium, also nice job by @AOR_all3ren to cross the line P3 (pad didn't seem to hold you back too much there eh, will be interesting to see your wheel pace).

Highlights

Reactions: AOR_all3ren

AOR_all3ren

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 4, 2018
It was a long and difficult season so far:
Always when i had the pace, the pad-tyre wear destroyed my race or something unlucky happened.
From now im looking forward to race with wheel and i know it will make me much faster and more constant.
I can only hope that i will learn fast how to use this thing, get a good feeling for the car, so that i will be able to fight for wins.

SlimboDude

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 27, 2015

42:00 Hiippari is off the track and I get a time stop go pen. Could it be removed