Korean Grand Prix
Korean International Circuit
Yeongam
Race Length:157.388 km
Circuit Direction:Anti-Clockwise
Laps:28
Date:23rd February 2014
Time:20:00 GMT

[results="width:523px;height:370px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhudHhBUWJkXzd5MHdZOEtiTU1FUnc&u ange=B2%3AK18&chrome=false&single=true&gid=70[/results]​​

TeamSpeakWe strongly encourage all drivers to install and use TeamSpeak for communication with other drivers and your co-ordinator. Having all drivers logged on to the ARL F1 2013 channel before a race helps the admins to organise the session and means you'll be kept up to date with invites and restarts. You don't have to use or have a microphone.
Address: alexgillon.com Password - AOR2014
Rules & RegulationsAll races organised by ARL are run under our Rules & Regulations. Please make sure you have read and are familiar with them before racing.

aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Results
[results="width:940px;height:520px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhudHhBUWJkXzd5MHdZOEtiTU1FUnc&w idget=true&range=B2%3AF22&gid=97&single=true&chro me=false[/results]

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Furkan Özcan;n14688 said:
Seems like track has been changed a little bit :laugh:
Haha, wow! I didn't even look at it, I just copied it from split 3!!! Bastards! :p

I will fix it later.

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
IT'S FIXED NOW, OKAY!?

GOD, YOU'RE ALL SO PICKY!!!! :p

FakeGhostPirate

AOR Commentator Guru
iGP Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 14, 2014
people seriously need to learn how to drive next to other cars

EDIT: Xephyr, YOU need to learn how to drive next to other cars, that's the second time this season you've ruined my race because I made the unwise decision of going side-by-side with you.

Xephyr

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2014
FakeGhostPirate;n15246 said:
EDIT: Xephyr, YOU need to learn how to drive next to other cars, that's the second time this season you've ruined my race because I made the unwise decision of going side-by-side with you.
Don't let the rage cloud your judgement. You've seen my PoV from the 'other incident' you mentioned and on my screen you clearly made contact with the Red Bull that was coming back on the track and lost enough speed that you couldn't possibly have gotten alongside me, you even admitted that I wasn't at fault from the information provided to me by my screen.

Just been linked your video from this race and, to be honest, right after the race I was complaining about someone ramming me from behind in turn 1 and then driving in to the side of me before turn 2. I'll even upload my PoV. I was about to cutback on the McLaren in front of me and drive up the inside in to turn 2 when you hear a loud BANG as you hit me from behind (didn't know it was you at the time, thought it was Raiden/Chicane) which pushes me in to the back of the McLaren and prevents my overtaking opportunity... and then under traction it's as if someone is trying to pit manoeuvre my rear-left tyre and my car gets dragged across to the left and prevented from accelerating because of it.

I was pissed at the time, you (thought it was Raiden/Chicane at the time) ruined my race as it lost me 3-4 positions and put me behind all the prime runners. You have to remember there are two sides to every incident, and that you need to control your rage so you don't end up looking like a tool.

FakeGhostPirate

AOR Commentator Guru
iGP Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 14, 2014
Xephyr;n15267 said:
Don't let the rage cloud your judgement. You've seen my PoV from the 'other incident' you mentioned and on my screen you clearly made contact with the Red Bull that was coming back on the track and lost enough speed that you couldn't possibly have gotten alongside me, you even admitted that I wasn't at fault from the information provided to me by my screen.

Just been linked your video from this race and, to be honest, right after the race I was complaining about someone ramming me from behind in turn 1 and then driving in to the side of me before turn 2. I'll even upload my PoV. I was about to cutback on the McLaren in front of me and drive up the inside in to turn 2 when you hear a loud BANG as you hit me from behind (didn't know it was you at the time, thought it was Raiden/Chicane) which pushes me in to the back of the McLaren and prevents my overtaking opportunity... and then under traction it's as if someone is trying to pit manoeuvre my rear-left tyre and my car gets dragged across to the left and prevented from accelerating because of it.

I was pissed at the time, you (thought it was Raiden/Chicane at the time) ruined my race as it lost me 3-4 positions and put me behind all the prime runners. You have to remember there are two sides to every incident, and that you need to control your rage so you don't end up looking like a tool.
You left a gap at the inside of the corner, I took it, I was as far left as possible while still being able to make the next corner. Yes I tapped you lightly at the apex of turn one but that isn't what ruined OUR races, you turning left is what ruined it. you can see very plainly in the recording that I left you plenty of room and you moved to the left and spun me. It's simple as that. I really don't care you "felt" or how you think you may have been "robbed" because this is your fault, not mine.

EDIT: also there is CLEARLY contact between you and the mclaren BEFORE I tapped you, so don't even try it, tool. And just to respond to all of your insane claims, I hit you square-on the rear of your car, there was no "pit maneuver" happening at all, ZERO lateral movement. I'm not even sure why I'm bothering to type all of this, you clearly aren't capable of seeing your own mistakes, as evidenced by your response to the abysmal amount of corner cutting you did in abu dhabi last season.

The Real Moaner

F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
If you two do not stop this unnecessary, childish antics immediately then you both risk being removed from the league.

I am not locking this thread as it is a chance for people to discuss the last race. If you want to behave like babies, take it to the chat bar.

Reactions: Du7cH

Raiden

Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
Well, easing the mood a little, I shall take this opportunity to moan about this track.

My worst track on the F1 calendar, in this game and all previous games, so I'll take 7th or 8th (depending on jack1st's penalty removal) and some points at the end of the day.

Xephyr

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2014
FakeGhostPirate;n15296 said:
You left a gap at the inside of the corner, I took it, I was as far left as possible while still being able to make the next corner.
Agreed.From your point of view you didn't do anything wrong. I have never said otherwise.You saw an opportunity and you took it. I would have done the same. Alex would have done the same. Everyone would.
Yes I tapped you lightly at the apex of turn one but that isn't what ruined OUR races,
No, it isn't. That was a minor issue and is not connected to the main incident.
you turning left is what ruined it.
I didn't turn left. If you watch my POV I actually don't turn left at any point, I spent the entire time between turns 1 and 2 with either neutral steering or turning right trying to fight the spin.
you can see very plainly in the recording that I left you plenty of room and you moved to the left and spun me.
Yes, you were about 50% alongside my car and you left plenty of room and pointed the car at the apex. You did nothing wrong. I have never said otherwise.What I have said is that your car was pit manoeuvring mine, on my side of the connection. This is corroborated by Smuffler's POV which shows your right-front wheel pushing against my left-rear wheel much earlier than the contact on your side of the connection. Again, this is not your fault, it is also not my fault. My car was being spun to the left by your car, which had been placed somewhere different on my side, than it actually was on your side. Nothing either you or I could do about that unfortunately, and it really sucks.
And just to respond to all of your insane claims, I hit you square-on the rear of your car, there was no "pit maneuver" happening at all, ZERO lateral movement.
How is it an insane claim? From both my POV and Smuffler's POV, it is clear that my car was being pit manoeuvred. Again, this is not me trying to claim that YOU were pit manoeuvring me, as I have said countless times throughout... from your POV you did nothing wrong.Me + Smuffler POV: Your car is about 10% alongside mine. Wheel-touching-wheel, literally.Your POV: Your car is about 50-60% alongside mine. Wheel-to-sidepod.If Codemasters had shown your car 50-60% alongside mine, I would have given you room on the apex of turn 2 for sure. Unfortunately that wasn't the case and this **** happened.Whenever you feel like it, do readd my Steam, as other than this and the unfortunate incident in Hungary which I've apologised for before we've been friendly and it seems a shame for that to end because of something this benign.

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
The Real Moaner;n15321 said:
If you two do not stop this unnecessary, childish antics immediately then you both risk being removed from the league.I am not locking this thread as it is a chance for people to discuss the last race. If you want to behave like babies, take it to the chat bar.
This has gone on long enough gentlemen, this above behaviour that has been dealt with by The Real Moaner will now cease from this point forward, or you will be finding yourself somewhere else to race,Outlined below are the rules you are expected to follow for those that are unsure I suggest you read them and please follow them if you want to continue here.​Infractions and bans will be issues next time around.If you have any problems discuss them with your coordinator or raise any issues to the stewards.
General Behaviour• Communication: • Please use a working headset while in the pre-race lobby and while racing, to effectively receive any messages the Coordinator has to give. Using a headset is not mandatory, but desirable. Communicating with other drivers while on track can also make it easier to avoid - and resolve - incidents.• Lobby etiquette:• Shouting, name-calling and generally speaking rudely is not acceptable. Drivers who are a disruptive influence on the lobby atmosphere will be penalised accordingly, or in extreme cases removed from the league.• Respect the other drivers. Keep a friendly atmosphere in the lobby and treat your fellow drivers as equals, regardless of them being quicker or slower than you.• Respect the league coordinator. Listen if he is giving a message, and accept the decisions he makes. If you feel any actions/decisions are wrong, address the issue calmly and maturely. Coordinators' decisions are final within the lobby, but may be reviewed later if you still feel an error has been made. Please accept that making a call instantly is very tricky and the coordinator, even if participating in the race, is expected to be entirely neutral.• In-race etiquette:• If you are involved in an on-track incident, don't overreact. It may be frustrating, but you need to stay calm and get on with it. Losing out due to another driver's mistake or recklessness is no excuse for retaliation or acting against the rules. If another driver does something you feel is against the rules, report it to the Stewards Panel after the race rather than argue about it over the microphone.• If you are having a bad race, don't act foolishly. Stay calm and mature, and make the best of the situation. If you are unable to enjoy a race due to not being at the front, this is not the place for you - there are many drivers in each league, and someone always have to be at the back. Deliberately quitting a race in any way - whether that be quitting through the pause menu, getting yourself disqualified, or intentionally crashing your car - is not allowed.• If you know you suffer from lag issues, or are battling with someone on track who you know suffers from lag issues, you need to exercise extreme caution when attempting overtakes or using defensive maneouvers.• Forum activity: • You need to be active on the AOR forum while being a driver in our leagues. We aren't forcing you to make several posts every day, but we prefer drivers who are involved with the community. We will occasionally check how long it's been since a driver has been logged onto the forum - if you are inactive on the forum for a long time, you may be removed from the league.• We also expect you to behave in a respectful manner on the forums, like in the race lobbies. Please avoid name calling, baiting and other behaviour that is intended to aggravate other members of the community.

Xephyr

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2014
Posted at 11:22am...
This has gone on long enough gentlemen, this above behaviour that has been dealt with by The Real Moaner will now cease from this point forward, or you will be finding yourself somewhere else to race,Outlined below are the rules you are expected to follow for those that are unsure I suggest you read them and please follow them if you want to continue here.​Infractions and bans will be issues next time around.If you have any problems discuss them with your coordinator or raise any issues to the stewards.
You do realise that all of this was resolved between the two of us by 11:30pm last night... right? Also that it was resolved via PMs as stated above, which you have no control over and cannot possibly attempt to enforce rules upon... right?Thanks for your input though. Better late than never I suppose. *shakes head*

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Xephyr;n15459 said:
Posted at 11:22am...

You do realise that all of this was resolved between the two of us by 11:30pm last night... right? Also that it was resolved via PMs as stated above, which you have no control over and cannot possibly attempt to enforce rules upon... right?

Thanks for your input though. Better late than never I suppose. *shakes head*
If anyone here is having to "Shake there Heads" here its the team that has to advise people how to behave towards one another on an open forum, As you were clearly unaware of how to behave on the forum. I posted you all the rules regarding this, Now you all know them, there are no further excuses.

I'd suggest just moving on from this, and try to leave your disagrements for somewhere else.

xOwnage133

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 4 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Thanks for the race and congrats to Gaston.
Could everyone please avoid retiring from the qualifying while other people are still on a lap?
I know it's not a big problem or anything but I'd rather drive a lap without a white box appearing on the bottom of my screen. Thanks

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
xOwnage133;n15480 said:
Thanks for the race and congrats to Gaston.
Could everyone please avoid retiring from the qualifying while other people are still on a lap?
I know it's not a big problem or anything but I'd rather drive a lap without a white box appearing on the bottom of my screen. Thanks
I'd like to request the exact same. Basically because the top of my G27 exactly blocks the sentence in that bar. So I see there's 'something wrong' but I have to move my body to see what it is. Not great if pushing in sector 2 or 3.

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
[video=youtube;J8MKRAMkZ_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8MKRAMkZ_E[/video]
Quite long highlights vid. Enjoyed blocking many faster drivers