Not open for further replies.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: DSQ

I think the least said about this the better. I am trying to learn a new wheel layout and it's taking time. I had a 1:41.9 on my first run. I was up over half a second on the second run until I binned it going under the bleachers in Sector 3. Then I got DSQ when trying to think about too many things at once.

R: DNF US/SS (12)

Nailed on one-stop time trial. I practice hard all week to be mediocre. Yes @Rienk I let you past because I find it harder to defend as I start over-driving and this is not a track where you need to do this. I just rolled over and gave up the position, pretty much the plan. Positions were coming from attrition and I'd kept it pretty clean (just the 3 seconds from some minor braking point fcuk ups). I was about to roll over for @LolFish42 at the end of L11 too but he pitted. I lost track position to a few displaced drivers in the pitstop.

No damage until I overshot the kink after the Sling and the front left was glass into the Tecpro. Jaw of Witherspoon (Reece that is). Finished one session all week and I think I was one of two in that social.

I'm not making excuses but this is my first season without the racing line and my new pedals are not to my liking. I'm making excuses. I watched the race finish and saw virtually everyone I thought I might race pit at least once more. I made my own mistakes in quali and the race.

Sjoelbakkie

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 21, 2017
I'm not making excuses but this is my first season without the racing line and my new pedals are not to my liking. I'm making excuses. I watched the race finish and saw virtually everyone I thought I might race pit at least once more. I made my own mistakes in quali and the race.
No worries bro, keep at it, you'll go faster every lap you drive. This is also my first season without racing line/assists and I feel like staying consistently on track and not crashing is more valuable than going very fast. If I drove a little more careful I probably wouldn't have spun in T3 and then I would've gotten a top 2 place for sure.

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
From your POV turn 5 of lap 28 was a bit rude by me probably.

Some of my moves were borderline legal!
Tbh, that turn was also a bit aggressive from me. Bit of both, I guess. That was definitely the one that frustrated me the most though. After that corner I was like "Right, now I'm havin' ya".

Reactions: Neil Bywater

Nasom

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 19, 2016
I've never worked so hard for a single point.

Shame about my qual 5 place penalty after ramming @TheEpicSnowWolf with a sudden slow down. I should have expected it I suppose, so no hard feelings (much)

Welldone to @acerees on his pole after sharing his good setup with me.

Two new front wings, 1 after first lap incident with @Nasom, apologies.

Then after switching to US (prob a mistake) took another wing at lap 6 and switched to Soft till the end. Pretty pleased with pace although it was fun frustrating @Rienk on his fresh US for quite a few laps. Intentional slow apexes to prevent his run on me in the DRS zones. Tyres failed me last few laps.
I really thought we could both make that corner and I tried to leave as much space as possible but somehow you never made the corner :D
Anyways I had already lost some front wing and was a bit sick that day so you might as well did my a favour to not race!

• Friendly
Reactions: Neil Bywater

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
I really thought we could both make that corner and I tried to leave as much space as possible but somehow you never made the corner :D
Anyways I had already lost some front wing and was a bit sick that day so you might as well did my a favour to not race!
Me too, probably weight of fuel in car, off the rubbered line and missing brake marker being in a more left position than normal.

Sorry again, but 1hr of that feeling ill wouldnt have been much fun I agree.

Reactions: Nasom
Status
Not open for further replies.