PS4 - Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix - Sunday 28th January 2018 -[8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix - Sunday 28th January 2018 -[8:00pm (UK time)]

AOR Davidben

Formula 3 Test Driver
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
My PoV of the race:

Q1
R1

Really didn't expect that! ..... everything just fell into place today. Really enjoyed the battle with @HoinkDoink early on in the race. Well done to @denzamo and @Mcquiz95 on the podiums.

Really good driving from all today guys!

Mcquiz95

Formula Karter
Aug 26, 2017
Q: 4

R: 2

I was quite grumpy when I saw that it was raining in quali, as I in these conditions I am either slow or I crash. So expectedly my first flying lap was two seconds off the space. During my second lap where I was up on my time quite a bit the rain stopped and I made a quick decision to abandon it and get some dries on. With the mechanics working at the pace of two greeks during a summer siesta I got to start my flying lap with only 20-ish seconds to spare. The lap itsself was clean from big mistakes, but I was a bit overly cautious not knowing how much grip I had and overall a bit scruffy. This was good enough for P4 alongside Washy. Great laps by @HoinkDoink and @AOR Davidben.

In the race I got a great launch but there was really nowhere to go with @AOR Davidben trying to do a Vettel into turn 1. They braked earlier than expected which boxed me in and let @washy03 and @ZeQ420 swoop round the outside. Jason007 even got alongside but I kept him behind me. So P5.

After getting some sort of a rhythm in the first lap it was evident that I had more pace than @ZeQ420, especially after he damaged his wing in one corner but overtaking was going to be difficult. I didn't even get close enough in the right places for a while. One lap when I was relatively close on the long straight I dove down the inside in desperation, but I braked a bit too late, went off the track and had to let him thorough again. I think a lap later though he himself made a mistake in that Turn 5 and we went through turn 6 side by side. In turn 7 there was some minor contact and I got by on the outside with @denzamo who had caught us following me through. Great bit of racing that was I thought.

Then I just got into the rhythm and denzamo fell a bit behind, I think he pitted a few laps later too. The gap between @washy03( who's car model looked like a Ferrari from a distance confusingly enough) and @HoinkDoink started off at about 3 seconds and as I got it down to a little over a second at the end of lap 10 I decided to go for an undercut.

Out lap was nice and clean and the plan worked perfectly with me just getting ahead of Washy into P2 who seemed to cross the pit lane exit line quite badly from what I saw, unsure if that resulted in a penalty or not. Jeff being as unhelpful as he always is did not mention a thing. Neither did he mention a penalty that he did get a bit later on.

Well anyway I knew that although Washy probably had a bit better race pace he probably can't get close enough to overtake if I don't make a mistake. So going mistake free was what I focused on. @AOR Davidben meanwhile was absolutely flying and was so far ahead I didn't even bother to look how much, I knew I couldn't touch him in normal conditions.

One lap fortunately for me Washy bottled it at the exit of turn 3 which left me with a comfortable 10 second gap behind even with 3 second penalty I got. Somewhere around lap 25 it started to rain. As I was driving towards the Corner formely known as Singapore sling I was adjusting the tyres to intermediates, in an effort to not repeat my China mistake. Doing so I crashed a bit into the wall, but I got away with it. Later on in turn 4 when it was very slippery I came close to crashing even harder but just saved it.
Eventually it was wet enough to pit and so I did along with everyone else but the leader. I hoped I could use this to majorly close the gap that was at this point about 18 seconds but @AOR Davidben did not feel like making a mistake and lost only 3 seconds in that one lap. Focused on keeping it clean in the last few laps and finished second.

A great result once again, I've gotten pretty good at making the best of the hand I've been dealt with in the second part of the season. With Washy finishing only 7th there's a very realistic chance of taking the lead in the championship in Malaysia.

Congratulations to @AOR Davidben for a dominant second win and to @denzamo for a great recovery drive from further down the grid, even with the wing change to boot.

My race highlights except for the first half a lap, damn race was so long it did not fit in the 60 minute recording.

Jason007

F1 Coordinator
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Qualy: P7
Race: P8

*Qualification and full race video at the bottom*

Qualification (2:40) - Qualification was going to go either way for me. My pace is not the fastest, but felt quite comfortable with the circuit considering the practice I've done and two F2 league races. The weather forecast was showing rain at the start with it possibly drying up enough for slicks during the closing minutes. To be safe I did an Inters run, which was meh. With one last shot I put on the the US and went for it. The tyres were still throwing water so I slowed my pace a bit, eventually crossing the line with a 1:48. I did manage to have previsionary pole for about a minute which filled my little heart with hope, but quickly I tumbled down the order to my usual P7 (third P7 in a row).

Race:
Lap 1 (5:40) - Lights out for the longest race so far this season! Good start at the lights, which allows me to pull to the outside of @ZeQ420 , which squeezes me within inches of the wall, similar to what happened at Monza. Luckily I avoided any damage, but lost a little pace.

Lap 1 Continued (6:12) - @Mcquiz95 overtook me into the first DRS straight, quickly realizing I'm sandwiched between @Mcquiz95 and @denzamo . The pucker factor went up to about level 10 at this point. P6.

Lap 4 (11:35) - Coming to the end of the first DRS zone @denzamo is close behind with DRS (and assuming rich mix) and goes to the inside for the overtake. I get pushed a bit wide over the kerbs but keep it together for some side-by-side action. Going into the next turn he easily grabs P7.

Lap 5 (13:20) - @boofon is hot on my gear box going down the first DRS straight. As I'm breaking and starting my turn in I'm suddenly lurched forward heading towards the barriers. OH NO!! I lock all four wheels, hoping to stop before ripping a wheel off. Good news... wheel is still on. Bad news... broken front wing. (@boofon later apologized for the hit). Being only lap 5 and the possibility of rain late in the race, I spent the rest of my lap thinking of what tyres to go onto next. Jeff suggested US SS strategy and pit this lap. I agreed since rain doesn't always mean Inters or Full Wets. Plus I would have serious ground to make up for the wing swap.

Lap 5 Continued (14:45) - I dive into the pits for US tyres and a new front wing. Coming out of the pits I'm in P12. Got some work ahead of me now!

Lap 12 (27:10) - @gohst gets loose on the bridge, which allows me to pull ahead to P8 and back to where I was originally.

Lap 15 (31:15) - Jeff gets on the radio stating to expect rain in 10 to 15 minutes. My US tyres are starting to get slick after 10 laps... so what to do next? Go for a third set of US and gamble on the rain, or play it safe and go for a set of SS to the end? None the less I push hard for a good in-lap.

Lap 16 (34:40) - Diving into the pits I go with a pair of SS shoes. These will either take me to the end or I'll have to stop again for Inter/Wets. Time to push even harder and try to make up whatever positions I can. Jeff tells me @James Boniface is 16 seconds ahead in P7. Oh dear...

Lap 22 (38:50) - Positions get switched around with @washy03 in P7, me still in P8, and @James Boniface in P9. But James Boniface is on US tyres and closing in fast...

Lap 22 (40:28) - @James Boniface has DRS down the main DRS straight, just over my left shoulder. Approaching Turn 1 goes for one of the closest dive bombs I have ever been a part of. I honestly have no idea how we didn't collide, it was that fast and close on my screen. Either way he makes the move stick and claims P8. Helluva move! Good stuff!

Lap 23 (42:09) - Out of the final chicane I see yellow flags. Boniface looks like he got loose and damaged the wing. Back into P8. At this point I start to see the rain begin to fall. WOOT!

Lap 25 (45:15) - Track is getting really slippery now. Jeff says to stick with the slick tyres, but I can feel that idea going out the window real fast.

Lap 26 (48:00) - I fly by the pits, thinking just one more lap on SS, then Inters. @washy03 is already in the pits switching to the Inters. Damnit, this may have been the wrong decision. It was. It quickly became apparent the slicks were no longer good. At the same time DRS is disabled. Yup, time to come in for Inters. @washy03 easily overtakes for his P7 back.

Lap 28 (50:05) - Boxing for the Inters. Running in P8 and running 33 seconds behind @washy03 I figured my hopes of anything higher than P8 wasn't going to happen. Just keep the car in one piece and bring it home for a few points.

FINAL LAP (58:45) - Across the line after nearly an hour of racing in P8!

Post-Race Interview: Overall I think it was a good race for myself. The punt and broken wing was unfortunate, but it really didn't affect my race position too much. Good recovery and solid drive. One thing I was proud of was the results screen in which I saw I was the only driver without a penalty;)

Congrats to @Slipstream on the win! Solid drive!
Grats to @Mcquiz95 and @denzamo on yet more podiums!

Onto Malaysia!

HoinkDoink

F1 Coordinator
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 18, 2017
So glad that one is over :O

Q - 2
Went out to put a lap in on the inters and run completely wide on the final corner so had to rush back into the pits to put a pair of slicks on, made it back just in time and somehow managed to get 2nd, I guess the track was getting dryer and dryer as the time went on, but it was still slippy through out the track

R - 4
Was always going to go for it into the first corner, had a decent little get away and @AOR Davidben gave me a little bit of room and I managed to get by into first position. The first lap was probably my best lap I managed all race as I absolute can't get to grips with this track. I had a really poor sector 3 on the second lap and @AOR Davidben had pulled high up behind me and had a great exit onto the first Drs straight and there was no stopping him. He was super quick :)

From there I kind of started looking behind me instead of putting the power down and pushing on, it's easy to make a little mistake and it can ruin your race, so out of corners I was very cautious to put the power down and spin into the barrier.

Very quickly I had @washy03 all over the back of me, I think I had his proximity arrow behind me for 9 laps? With this I struggled even more to put the power down as I just wanted to keep my car out of the barrier. Im sorry @washy03 :( Think I started annoying him as he was faster than me, he made a little lunge at turn 8 which I was not expecting and caught me a little off guard, left him room to get by but I just had a better exit off the corner and I stayed ahead. Then twice into turn 7 @washy03 had another go at getting passed so I just hugged the inside line and both times @washy03 ran a little deep into the corner meaning I would stay ahead.

@washy03 came in 1 lap before me and got a great undercut, that extra lap I stayed out, I struggled so much, he tyres had just gone and by the time I had pitted, @washy03 had undercut me by 8 seconds and @Mcquiz95 had undercut us both. Then I had @denzamo all over the back of me. The gap was hovering at around 1 second between the two of us and then I picked up a 3 second penalty for corner cuts and it wasn't until then I started going a little bit quicker and managed to pull out a bit of a gap between the two of us.

Rain started to fall and my initial idea was to stay out on the supers but I pranged it at turn 8, track was a bit slippy and I locked up and just slid into the barrier on the outside and then got throttle happy and smashed into the barrier on the right side and my front wing was gone. @ZeQ420 and @denzamo both managed to get passed and I came into the pits and put on a pair on inters, I think they both stayed out and @ZeQ420 unfortunately had a little spin which lost him time. The next lap they both came in and pitted for inters and I had managed to get passed @ZeQ420 while he was in the pits but @denzamo stayed ahead and managed to come home in 3rd place :)

Congrats to @AOR Davidben simply unbeatable out there, well done mate.
Well done to @Mcquiz95 and @denzamo on the podium finish :)

Well done @Jolly76 on keeping the points finishing position record up and well done to @Jason007 on finishing another double points scoring race for the red bulls :)

@Dysan314 I think you done a great job at moving out the way this race :) Such a difficult track

A Malaysian monsoon is upon us :O

Hi @MORETHANAMAZING :happy:

Last edited:

Jason007

F1 Coordinator
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Well done @Jolly76 on keeping the points finishing position record up and well done to @Jason007 on finishing another double points scoring race for the red bulls :)

Woot! 1 point behind Renault and 7 points behind McLaren! The constructors championship is heating up

denzamo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 2, 2016
So glad that one is over :O

Q - 2
Went out to put a lap in on the inters and run completely wide on the final corner so had to rush back into the pits to put a pair of slicks on, made it back just in time and somehow managed to get 2nd, I guess the track was getting dryer and dryer as the time went on, but it was still slippy through out the track

R - 4
Was always going to go for it into the first corner, had a decent little get away and @AOR Davidben gave me a little bit of room and I managed to get by into first position. The first lap was probably my best lap I managed all race as I absolute can't get to grips with this track. I had a really poor sector 3 on the second lap and @AOR Davidben had pulled high up behind me and had a great exit onto the first Drs straight and there was no stopping him. He was super quick :)

From there I kind of started looking behind me instead of putting the power down and pushing on, it's easy to make a little mistake and it can ruin your race, so out of corners I was very cautious to put the power down and spin into the barrier.

Very quickly I had @washy03 all over the back of me, I think I had his proximity arrow behind me for 9 laps? With this I struggled even more to put the power down as I just wanted to keep my car out of the barrier. Im sorry @washy03 :( Think I started annoying him as he was faster than me, he made a little lunge at turn 8 which I was not expecting and caught me a little off guard, left him room to get by but I just had a better exit off the corner and I stayed ahead. Then twice into turn 7 @washy03 had another go at getting passed so I just hugged the inside line and both times @washy03 ran a little deep into the corner meaning I would stay ahead.

@washy03 came in 1 lap before me and got a great undercut, that extra lap I stayed out, I struggled so much, he tyres had just gone and by the time I had pitted, @washy03 had undercut me by 8 seconds and @Mcquiz95 had undercut us both. Then I had @denzamo all over the back of me. The gap was hovering at around 1 second between the two of us and then I picked up a 3 second penalty for corner cuts and it wasn't until then I started going a little bit quicker and managed to pull out a bit of a gap between the two of us.

Rain started to fall and my initial idea was to stay out on the supers but I pranged it at turn 8, track was a bit slippy and I locked up and just slid into the barrier on the outside and then got throttle happy and smashed into the barrier on the right side and my front wing was gone. @ZeQ420 and @denzamo both managed to get passed and I came into the pits and put on a pair on inters, I think they both stayed out and @ZeQ420 unfortunately had a little spin which lost him time. The next lap they both came in and pitted for inters and I had managed to get passed @ZeQ420 while he was in the pits but @denzamo stayed ahead and managed to come home in 3rd place :)

Congrats to @AOR Davidben simply unbeatable out there, well done mate.
Well done to @Mcquiz95 and @denzamo on the podium finish :)

@Dysan314 I think you done a great job at moving out the way this race :) Such a difficult track

A Malaysian monsoon is upon us :O

Hi @MORETHANAMAZING :happy:

Think Dysan will appreciate that, he was bothered last race and was considering not racing again, he didn’t mean it, so will mean a lot hearing that, after all he’s a military man doing stints in combat situations so we can sit at home and play f1,

Keep fighting the good fight Dysan :)

Boniface-8

Pro Karter
Sep 18, 2017
Lap 22 (40:28) - @James Boniface has DRS down the main DRS straight, just over my left shoulder. Approaching Turn 1 goes for one of the closest dive bombs I have ever been a part of. I honestly have no idea how we didn't collide, it was that fast and close on my screen. Either way he makes the move stick and claims P8. Helluva move! Good stuff!
Blimey that was close didn't even remember pulling that off, had so much going on in the race and I made a rookie mistake not recording it

ZeQ420

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 30, 2017
Quali - 5th

Always very comfortable in the wet, managed to set the quickest time on the intermediates but couldn't quite nail it on the slicks at the end of the session. Made a mistake in the final sector that cost me around a second.

Race - 5th

Had a mehhh get away but @Mcquiz95 had to brake sharply for @washy03 and @AOR Davidben going through Turn 1 side-by-side so I managed to slip around the outside and get through the rest of first lap unscathed.

Doesn't take long to clip the front wing though and by lap 2 my aspirations of catching Washy in front all but disappear as I clip the wall coming onto the DRS straight. I was planning the 1-stop and the wing damage was very minor so I decided to fight through it with Mcquiz hot on my gearbox. The next few laps were all about holding my position... on lap 4 Mcquiz had a little dive up in the inside into Memorial Corner (turn 7) but he ended up off track and gave back the position.

By lap 5, despite the pressure from Mcquiz I still had Washy and @HoinkDoink in visual range, so I was hoping after getting my wing fixed I'd have a chance of catching them back up. This time I ran a little wide at Memorial and it gave Mcquiz the chance to get up alongside me, we go side-by-side through turns 8 & 9 but because of the tight inside line I have to take I just couldn't get the power down, Mcquiz eases past and before the end of the straight @denzamo is past as well.

Miffed but still determined I soldiered on with the broken wing and on lap 7, Denz started falling back into my clutches after nicking his wing I think. He pits at the end of the lap 7 and I was back upto p5 around 3 seconds behind Mcquiz but holding the gap steady and around 7 seconds to @RobKite behind me.

Lap 10 - Mcquiz is almost onto the back of Washy which is giving me a chance to narrow the gap, in the final sector its just 2.3 seconds but then I mount the kerb coming out of T19 and lose all that time back. Mcquiz pits at the end of lap 10, everyone else carries on.

Washy and DavidBen pit at the end of lap 11.

Lap 12 - Just myself, Hoink and Rob2k still out on the ultra's at the front now and we're coming up to some traffic, easily navigate past @Dysan314 though who is probably a little too courteous to me (cheers fella) and I go through safely in the middle of a straight.

Had no clue it was due to rain near the end at this point or I'd have maybe gone for the undercut (lap 9 or 10) but pit at the end of lap 12 to go on the SS to the end.

Clear air after I came out the pits so I just tried to get the hammer down and catch upto Denzamo in front of me.

Lap 14 - Hi again Dysan! My front wing change put me behind him after the pit stops but same story here, got by him in the middle of a straight, no problems at all (y)

Lap 15 - Have a bit of a moment around T13 which loses me a few seconds, Rob2k was only around 3 seconds behind at this point and on the faster US tyres, denz was about 4.5 seconds ahead. Tried to get my head down and start reeling in denz from here but no matter how quick I went, Rob was still bearing down on me.

Start of lap 18, the gap to denz was 3.5 secs but Rob was within DRS range of me now. Doesn't matter though because I get on the throttle too early coming out of turn 3 and almost plant it into the wall. Miraculously saved it and going into turn 4 Rob and I would've been side-by-side but after the near-miss of the previous corner I back out of it and let him go up the inside, hoping he can catch denz and their battle can drag me forwards.

Lap 19 - @James Boniface retires and his ghost car is sat in the middle of the bridge section when I come to it... I don't trust codeys to ghost so take avoiding action which almost slams me into the wall.

Lap 20 - Washy ZeQ's (throttlejob) it coming out of turn 3 and I'm on the back of him by turn 7, he out-brakes himself at the end of the straight and I slip up the inside to nab P6.

Lap 22 - Managed to get the gap down to 2.4 seconds to Rob2k in front who seemed to be struggling on those Ultra's, he pit at the end of the lap and upto p5 I go... 4.5 seconds behind denz.

Lap 24 - Was absolutely flying on the Supers... but now the rain is coming! Just 1.8 seconds behind denz at the end of the lap.

Lap 25 @gohst gets out of the way perfectly as we come onto the DRS straight allowing me to focus on denz in front. By the last sector I'm practically pushing him around and I think about a move into T1 but don't quite get the wheels alongside so pull out of it.

Lap 26 Coming out of turn 5, denz loses the back end and now I'm up his gearbox, in the rain.... and DRS comes on! I flick it on and we're side-by-side at T6 (the kink in the straight), we bang wheels and I clip the wall with a wheel but no damage to either of us. I manage to out-brake him into T7 and up into P4 I went.

After we came around T8 there was a HoinkDoink just casually saying hi to the fans next to the barrier (he'd clipped the wall) and I slip past him into P3! PODIUM!

Lap 27 - It's bottle time! Coming out the slow T13 hairpin I get on the throttle too hard and end up in the wall with half my front wing missing. I pit for inters at the end of the lap and a new front wing. End up coming out of the pits in P5, 2 seconds behind HoinkDoink and about the same to Rob2k behind me.

Lap 28 - Coming out of the last corner, I get too happy on the throttle and almost end my race on the home straight. End up with half a front wing but just about still in the race. Rob2k must've made a mistake somewhere because he was still behind, but it was 7 seconds to Hoink now in front. Just looking to hold on from here!

Lap 29 - Rob is all over the back of me in the final sector but makes a mistake coming out of the final corner and he almost ends his race.

A nice stroll to the end from here which was much needed after all the action.

Great job everyone, especially DavidBen on a dominating performance and Dysan... I think I passed him 4 times because of the way our pit stops worked out and I didn't have to lift off or brake early through any of them. (y)

Bring on the monsoon in Malaysia! :D

Last edited:

Dysan314

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 20, 2017
Quali - 5th

Always very comfortable in the wet, managed to set the quickest time on the intermediates but couldn't quite nail it on the slicks at the end of the session. Made a mistake in the final sector that cost me around a second.

Race - 5th

Had a mehhh get away but @Mcquiz95 had to brake sharply for @washy03 and @AOR Davidben going through Turn 1 side-by-side so I managed to slip around the outside and get through the rest of first lap unscathed.

Doesn't take long to clip the front wing though and by lap 2 my aspirations of catching Washy in front all but disappear as I clip the wall coming onto the DRS straight. I was planning the 1-stop and the wing damage was very minor so I decided to fight through it with Mcquiz hot on my gearbox. The next few laps were all about holding my position... on lap 4 Mcquiz had a little dive up in the inside into Memorial Corner (turn 7) but he ended up off track and gave back the position.

By lap 5, despite the pressure from Mcquiz I still had Washy and @HoinkDoink in visual range, so I was hoping after getting my wing fixed I'd have a chance of catching them back up. This time I ran a little wide at Memorial and it gave Mcquiz the chance to get up alongside me, we go side-by-side through turns 8 & 9 but because of the tight inside line I have to take I just couldn't get the power down, Mcquiz eases past and before the end of the straight @denzamo is past as well.

Miffed but still determined I soldiered on with the broken wing and on lap 7, Denz started falling back into my clutches after nicking his wing I think. He pits at the end of the lap 7 and I was back upto p5 around 3 seconds behind Mcquiz but holding the gap steady and around 7 seconds to @RobKite behind me.

Lap 10 - Mcquiz is almost onto the back of Washy which is giving me a chance to narrow the gap, in the final sector its just 2.3 seconds but then I mount the kerb coming out of T19 and lose all that time back. Mcquiz pits at the end of lap 10, everyone else carries on.

Washy and DavidBen pit at the end of lap 11.

Lap 12 - Just myself, Hoink and Rob2k still out on the ultra's at the front now and we're coming up to some traffic, easily navigate past @Dysan314 though who is probably a little too courteous to me (cheers fella) and I go through safely in the middle of a straight.

Had no clue it was due to rain near the end at this point or I'd have maybe gone for the undercut (lap 9 or 10) but pit at the end of lap 12 to go on the SS to the end.

Clear air after I came out the pits so I just tried to get the hammer down and catch upto Denzamo in front of me.

Lap 14 - Hi again Dysan! My front wing change put me behind him after the pit stops but same story here, got by him in the middle of a straight, no problems at all (y)

Lap 15 - Have a bit of a moment around T13 which loses me a few seconds, Rob2k was only around 3 seconds behind at this point and on the faster US tyres, denz was about 4.5 seconds ahead. Tried to get my head down and start reeling in denz from here but no matter how quick I went, Rob was still bearing down on me.

Start of lap 18, the gap to denz was 3.5 secs but Rob was within DRS range of me now. Doesn't matter though because I get on the throttle too early coming out of turn 3 and almost plant it into the wall. Miraculously saved it and going into turn 4 Rob and I would've been side-by-side but after the near-miss of the previous corner I back out of it and let him go up the inside, hoping he can catch denz and their battle can drag me forwards.

Lap 19 - @James Boniface retires and his ghost car is sat in the middle of the bridge section when I come to it... I don't trust codeys to ghost so take avoiding action which almost slams me into the wall.

Lap 20 - Washy ZeQ's (throttlejob) it coming out of turn 3 and I'm on the back of him by turn 7, he out-brakes himself at the end of the straight and I slip up the inside to nab P6.

Lap 22 - Managed to get the gap down to 2.4 seconds to Rob2k in front who seemed to be struggling on those Ultra's, he pit at the end of the lap and upto p5 I go... 4.5 seconds behind denz.

Lap 24 - Was absolutely flying on the Supers... but now the rain is coming! Just 1.8 seconds behind denz at the end of the lap.

Lap 25 @gohst gets out of the way perfectly as we come onto the DRS straight allowing me to focus on denz in front. By the last sector I'm practically pushing him around and I think about a move into T1 but don't quite get the wheels alongside so pull out of it.

Lap 26 Coming out of turn 5, denz loses the back end and now I'm up his gearbox, in the rain.... and DRS comes on! I flick it on and we're side-by-side at T6 (the kink in the straight), we bang wheels and I clip the wall with a wheel but no damage to either of us. I manage to out-brake him into T7 and up into P4 I went.

After we came around T8 there was a HoinkDoink just casually saying hi to the fans next to the barrier (he'd clipped the wall) and I slip past him into P3! PODIUM!

Lap 27 - It's bottle time! Coming out the slow T13 hairpin I get on the throttle too hard and end up in the wall with half my front wing missing. I pit for inters at the end of the lap and a new front wing. End up coming out of the pits in P5, 2 seconds behind HoinkDoink and about the same to Rob2k behind me.

Lap 28 - Coming out of the last corner, I get too happy on the throttle and almost end my race on the home straight. End up with half a front wing but just about still in the race. Rob2k must've made a mistake somewhere because he was still behind, but it was 7 seconds to Hoink now in front. Just looking to hold on from here!

Lap 29 - Rob is all over the back of me in the final sector but makes a mistake coming out of the final corner and he almost ends his race.

A nice stroll to the end from here which was much needed after all the action.

Great job everyone, especially DavidBen on a dominating performance and Dysan... I think I passed him 4 times because of the way our pit stops worked out and I didn't have to lift off or brake early through any of them. (y)

Bring on the monsoon in Malaysia! :D
If I remember rightly @ZeQ420 you were massively quicker than me so there was no point in fighting it lol.