PC - Round 14 - Singaporean Grand Prix 28/01/2018 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 14 - Singaporean Grand Prix 28/01/2018 8:00pm]

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 28th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Track Guide

Confirmed no-shows:
- @TheIgorMC
- @Kevin Kalt

Last edited:

Sabba7h

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
@Saketh you're not in the F8 discord so I'll just post it here... Sorry about the incident we had. It was a dumb thing to try and do on my part. Should have just waited until the straight.

Dobby

Reigning S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Sep 16, 2017
Qually 2nd: Messed up my first run, second run went better.

Race 1st: After a really dodgy start and a yellow frontwing I managed to pull a really big gap in the rain. Made a big mistake in the race which caused me to spin. So I had to pit for a new frontwing but apparently @return was also gonna pit. Overall I enjoyed the race. But it was pretty lonely up front haha

• Faff
Reactions: Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Qualy 9th : I knew I was slow around here, so nothing much to say

Race 4th !!! : W/I/SS/SS

Oh.My.Dog. This was such a mess. I maade a great start and managed to climb up to 5th thanks to others' mistakes. First round of pit stops and I go for inters. I felt so much more confident than on wets when I was sliding totally everywhere. Near the moment to switch to dry tyres, I made an amazing dive to pass @_d4Mn_ which was totally on the limit and I was proud ( he pitted early for dry, but wasn't a good idea). Then, I pit for SS and start pushing, but way too early. I lose it and break my front wing (I was running 3rd or 4th at that time). So I had to pit again and dropped to 8th I believe ? I then pushed again like I was possessed and climbed back up the grid, also thanks to others crashing everywhere. I had a totally unfair penalty aswell (5 seconds stop and go for cutting, like what ? I cut that corner another time and just had a warning, WTF ?)

Well, in the end I finished 4th, which is my best result ever, but I totally could've gotten a podium if it wasn't for me breaking my front wing after switching for dry tyres. I'm gutted.

Graham Thomson

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 14, 2015
What a race, qualified 13th and got up to 6th, due to people crashing out, but slow and steady wins the race. I had a great start but has a few issues in the wet. But got through it and when the tracked dry out I was pushing like a mad man but keeping it on the track. Last 5 races for me have seen a massive improvement in my skill to hold the car on the track at speed. Also been point finishes, and that's my personal target. Get the car home with some points. Which is brilliant considering the first part of the season I had five DNFs.

Also, not bad coming from a league where I drove with full assists, racing line, automatic gears and TV pod view to no assists including no racing line, manual gears and cockpit view. Progress not perfection, certainly wouldn't go back. :)

Also I'm now contributing to the constructors championship which is a bonus. Great result having both cars finish in the points for Force India!

Looking pretty in pink lol :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dobby and Hinyaldee

Skinner

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2017
Also, combined F7/F8 quali if anyone is interested, a few of us would have qualified pretty well.

_d4Mn_

Pro Karter
Dec 6, 2017
Friends, thanks you very much for yesterday's race. It was my first AOR race and being honest I do really enjoyed it. Not because I LUCKED the 2nd position but you guys are awesome, it is a massive difference from an open lobby and it is exactly what I am looking for. I need to admit that my pace was nowhere from the practice I have done. I was very very nervous and sweating like a liar hooker in the church.

Just to compare, my practice qualy time was 1.:40.1 - 1:40.7 and in the real qualy time had 1:42.5 LOL.
My race sim time was between 1:42 - 1:44 and in real race never had better than 1:45 ! LOL

Yeah.so thanks very much again, really enjoyed it.

Have made a highlights video as noone will watch the 2hrs version.... :)

HAVE A LOOK AT 24:10 please! :D

:*****

EDIT: The reason why I am talking "to myself" in hungarian is that I had a friend watching the stream an was talking to him.

yobbo

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 22, 2017
Qualy: Alright pace with a 40:1; was 3 tenths up on my second lap but lost it after coming through the grandstand, I probably wouldnt have gotten 3rd though as Skinner was next in line and was about 4 tenths up on me. Still happy with 3 out of the last 4 races being top 4.

Race: Absolutely fucked the start, forgot to adjust my brake pressure so slid about 2-3 metres too far into turn one shunting Breakdown (very sorry about this). Let Breakdown through in turn 2 and side-by-side with him turn 3. Good run into turn 4 and onto the straight. Into turn 5 I was maintaining a gap to Return to avoid any accidents but had Sabbath dive down the inside and push me off the track. When I tried to rejoin the rear wheel spun on the track edge causing me to spin and smash my wing. Made it around to the chicane before the bridge, slid through the intersection due to no front grip and hit the wall doing 5mph and front wheel snapped off, finishing my race.

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Qualy: Alright pace with a 40:1; was 3 tenths up on my second lap but lost it after coming through the grandstand, I probably wouldnt have gotten 3rd though as Skinner was next in line and was about 4 tenths up on me. Still happy with 3 out of the last 4 races being top 4.

Race: Absolutely fucked the start, forgot to adjust my brake pressure so slid about 2-3 metres too far into turn one shunting Breakdown (very sorry about this). Let Breakdown through in turn 2 and side-by-side with him turn 3. Good run into turn 4 and onto the straight. Into turn 5 I was maintaining a gap to Return to avoid any accidents but had Sabbath dive down the inside and push me off the track. When I tried to rejoin the rear wheel spun on the track edge causing me to spin and smash my wing. Made it around to the chicane before the bridge, slid through the intersection due to no front grip and hit the wall doing 5mph and front wheel snapped off, finishing my race.
Who would have guessed ? @yobbo in a wall ! (I know that hurts...just look at my DNF stats...) You'll fare better in Malaysia