PS4 - Round 14 - United States Grand Prix - 06/07/17 8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 14 - United States Grand Prix - 06/07/17 8PM UK Time

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Round 14 - United States Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 6th August 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Questions to drivers:

1) COTA is a track that bascially mixes a lot of elements from the most popular tracks and therefore became a fan and a driver favourite. Do you like the track, or do you think that this is another uninspired "Tilkedrome" ?

2) With this being the penultimate race of the season the good-bye from F1 2016 is near, what will you miss about this game and what do you want to forget as fast as possible?

3) Predictions please
Pole
1)
2)
3)

to @Aressi191 : How did it feel, when you crosed the line in Japan to be AOR champion and take us a bit through your jouney to glory this season.

to @Ali Kidd : for the Most of the season you looked as the strongest competitor to Aressi, but mistakes and bad luck in the 2nd half of the season have put you on the back foot in the title race. What do you think you need to claim the title next season?

to @Jthorn97 @alexukr and @jamie-995 : you are all very close in the fight for 3rd position, would that mean anything to you to be in the Top 3 of, or are you indifferent?

to @Gamer_DA_best262 After your strong Performances in F2 you finally had a breakout performance in Japan as you wer eonly 5 seconds off the lead do you think you can build on that for the last two races and maybe fight for the podium?

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
1) COTA is a track that bascially mixes a lot of elements from the most popular tracks and therefore became a fan and a driver favourite. Do you like the track, or do you think that this is another uninspired "Tilkedrome" ?

It's a mixed bag, i dont really like the complete lack of grass and gravel and that takes the flair a bit away, but its a much better track the mexico or russia

2) With this being the penultimate race of the season the good-bye from F1 2016 is near, what will you miss about this game and what do you want to forget as fast as possible?

Considering how F1 2017 shapes up to be i will not really miss the game itself, but more the meories of racing here two seasons with this game :)

3) Predictions please
Pole @Jthorn97
1) @Jthorn97
2) @Aressi191
3) @wooly51

you are all very close in the fight for 3rd position, would that mean anything to you to be in the Top 3 of, or are you indifferent?

I would be indifferent, but i really wanna drive fthe ferrari next season and with a high championship position the probability would increase and also i wanna kinda keep the record to have finished every AOR season in the top 3, but i know that especially @Jthorn97 wil be very hard to beat, but the gap is not that big and i will do a bit more practice for the last two races then i did for the previous rounds

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
I think I'm the only person in the world who absolutely hates this track

Gamer_DA_best262

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 20, 2016

I do enjoy the track especially the esses in sector one. It can be difficult though especially without the racing line i thought so should be an interesting race

This game is certainly the best I've ever played and is the first game I have actually league raced on. Hopefully on the next game I am not random blown up out the pit lane like in Bahrain F2.

3) Predictions please
Pole @Aressi191
1) @Aressi191
2) @Ali Kidd
3) @jamie-995 ?????

to @Gamer_DA_best262 After your strong Performances in F2 you finally had a breakout performance in Japan as you wer eonly 5 seconds off the lead do you think you can build on that for the last two races and maybe fight for the podium?

After i wer eonly 5 second off the lead in Japan it can be a positive. Neither Italy or Japan I got any practice in for so I'll take the results. My aim is a top 5 finish at this race and I will unfortunately be missing the finale as I'm on holiday @alexukr

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Hate the track with a passion. Its only redeeming quality is the esses.

I'll miss the sweatiness of this game in general. Will try to forget the aids traction and all of S12 as quickly as possible.

3) Predictions please

Pole @Aressi191
1) @Aressi191
2) @alexukr
3) @HRacingGreen

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
I love sector 1, but the rest of the lap is pretty ****

Everything basically. Even tho it has it's issues, it's still not as bad as people say it is.

3) Predictions please
Pole
Not me since I'm going to get qualbanned lol
1) @Jthorn97
2) @Aressi191
3) @Ali Kidd

to @Jthorn97 @alexukr and @jamie-995 : you are all very close in the fight for 3rd position, would that mean anything to you to be in the Top 3 of, or are you indifferent?
I'm fighting for 2nd.

• Optimistic
Reactions: RBOS_00

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
1) good track, I like it and usually do well here.
2) I'll miss the pre-1.2 patch version. Since then the handling was largely unenjoyable.
3) Pole: Harry
Win: Harry lol
2nd: Wooly
3rd: Alex

FerrariFan92

Pro Karter
Mar 27, 2017

Only thing I like is Sector one. The rest is quite boring.

Will be missing the slipstream glitch and the curbs. Wonna forget this season bc there's good chance I'll be last in the standings at the end.

3) Predictions please

Pole Aressi
1) Jthorn
2) Aressi
3) AliK

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016

I like the track specially S1.

Think it's best game of series so far, gonna miss it for sure. Hopefully 2017 is even better (no experience from it at all yet).

3) Predictions please
Pole @Jthorn97
1) myself
2) @Jthorn97
3) @Ali Kidd

How did it feel, when you crosed the line in Japan to be AOR champion and take us a bit through your jouney to glory this season.

Great feeling also maybe little relieved 'cause of drama at end of race as had no idea what's going to happen with tyres. I think consistency been key this season though there was also three mistakes which cost a lot of points but still a lot more consistent than earlier.

Shellay

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 2, 2017
1) COTA is a track that bascially mixes a lot ofelements from the most popular tracks and therefore became a fan and a driver favourite. Do you like the track, or do you think that this is another uninspired "Tilkedrome" ?
It's meh. IRL I think it is pretty good.
Sector 1 on a pad is kind of aids but no where near as bad as Japan.

Will miss my little Manor.
I'd like to forget the slipstream glitch and ofc the tyre wear glitch. Both horrible.

3) Predictions please
Pole Palmer
1) Yuji Ide
2) Carmen Jorda
3) Tej

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
1) COTA is a track that bascially mixes a lot ofelements from the most popular tracks and therefore became a fan and a driver favourite. Do you like the track, or do you think that this is another uninspired "Tilkedrome" ?
It's meh. IRL I think it is pretty good.
Sector 1 on a pad is kind of aids but no where near as bad as Japan.

Will miss my little Manor.
I'd like to forget the slipstream glitch and ofc the tyre wear glitch. Both horrible.

3) Predictions please
Pole Palmer
1) Yuji Ide
2) Carmen Jorda
3) Tej
yuji ide ahead of tej???? -> kys

jamie-995

AOR PS4 RallyCross S1 Champion
Jan 4, 2016
Questions to drivers:

Its certainly a fun track to drive when you get into a good rythm, just a shame i'm not quick here.

I will miss the handling model of this game & i will not miss this seasons race at Silverstone.

3) Predictions please
Pole Aressi
1) Aressi
2) Ali
3) Nardy

Nah m8 its all over, will struggle to fend off @Shellay for the best pad driver award.

Gamer_DA_best262

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 20, 2016
Well, I officially cannot do T1 or the penultimate corner to save my life and can’t get out of the 36s so this is going to go well

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Would be my favourite track but I've done no practice at all. Is also my final AOR race on F1 2016, and my penultimate league race on this game overall. Been a weird one, I'm sure S14 will be a bit less bizarre from my standpoint, hoping to actually manage to be in F1 for the first season of a cycle for once, but we'll see. Cheers all, see you next season (y)

Reactions: Gamer_DA_best262