XB1 - Round 14 - United States Grand Prix [29/07/18 8.00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 14 - United States Grand Prix [29/07/18 8.00pm]

Chris Leather

F1 Coordinator & 1-time XB1 Assist 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 23, 2017
Round 14 - United States Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 29th July 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

MoRS Buckley

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 26, 2018
One of the worst host connections I have ever seen , lagged out of lobby and wasn’t able to get back in ?

Jott3r

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 9, 2018
All going pretty swimmingly until, in my opinion, @SoggyCabbages doesn't leave any room for, you know, racing.
Apart from that, actually some really intense battling with @MoRS Buckley and AlonsoFerrari3 today. Shame about the DNF, will see what the steward's think.

(By the way, I think there needs to be some reorganisation for who hosts the lobby, I think a-lot of people had problems today. Willing to throw my hat in the ring if you need me. Had to avoid a collision with @f1ben23 which lead to an illegal overtake; then after the next corner, an accident between him and AlonsoFerrari3.)

VnTrMinty

Formula Karter
Dec 7, 2017
FINALLY! A race without any kind of incident! P2! First ever podium in AOR! Very happy!

Managed to set a lap time for once in qualy to get P3 which meant I could fight from the start! Had a very sweaty battle with @f1ben23 at the start and sad to see him drop out as enjoy our battle. Had to back of a lot after the pit stop to ensure I didn’t get taken out by laggy cars. Nearly threw it all away and the penultimate lap as I got my final warning but luckily driver ahead had an extra penalty!

Huge gontratualtions to @Josh Emmins with the dominant performance that took the win and the championship (if I am correct!) and to @T2G Phenom on the final spot on the podium! :)

Rob | PePsii

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 14, 2017
Yeah i had about 5 screen freezes tonight. Connection not good tonight for the 1st time. Sorry. I will obv let another host i just cba waiitng to get under way at 8.15 all the time

Reactions: Xterm1n8or

Xterm1n8or

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 27, 2018
First things first congrats to @Josh Emmins for winning the race and championship, best driver and well deserved!

Secondly, lag was horrendous in this race, the worst I've ever seen and pretty much ruined my evening. Strange because normally Pepsii lobby's work good! Oh well!

Qualifying last - 0/10 - Invalidated my best run because a car lagged into my path causing me to swerve off track, unfortunately I Invalidated my only other lap.

Race 6th - 6/10 - Couldn't overtake anybody because everyone was lagging like absolute crazy. So stayed last until lap 8 when one of the 3 cars in front lagged into me and caused yellow wing damage.

So pit on lap 11 and took a gamble and put the SS on. Gamble backfired as I punctured on literally the second to last corner on the last lap, and lost 5th place.

Absolutely no idea how I finished 6th because I don't remember overtaking anyone at all in that race!

Everyone must have had the lag problems or something!

Annoying because I felt I had the pace to battle for a podium today.

Hope to do better in Brazil!

Reactions: Josh Emmins

AlonsoFerrari3

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 27, 2018
First off congrats to @Josh Emmins on winning the title

That lag was ******* horrendous. Shame my clip of my incident with Ben didn't record but what happened was the cars in front of me were lagging all over the place and then the lag spike was over but it happened when i made contact with Ben's left rear. That sent him into the wall. Completely my fault but that lag made it very tricky to know what his car would do.

Anyway I was cautious on lap 1 because I was starting down the order but that was probably my undoing. Dropped to p8 or something before t2g Alonso lunged me and made a bit of contact with me which made me run into the back of another car which made me lose part of my wing. Had a great battle with jott3r and those opening laps were so intense. After the incident with Ben i wanted to pit but I slowed down to let t2g Alonso through but he ran into the side of me.

Pitted for softs and ran a clean race till the end. Ended up on 80% tyre wear so lucky not to get a puncture.

Massive congratulations to jemmin vntr minty on his first podium and t2g phenom.

I am away for the last race unfortunately so that is me done for the season. Thanks to everyone for all of the battles on track we had and for keeping it clean for the majority of the time. Hope that I can resume my on track rivalries with most people in season 16

Jott3r

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 9, 2018
First off congrats to @Josh Emmins on winning the title

That lag was ******* horrendous. Shame my clip of my incident with Ben didn't record but what happened was the cars in front of me were lagging all over the place and then the lag spike was over but it happened when i made contact with Ben's left rear. That sent him into the wall. Completely my fault but that lag made it very tricky to know what his car would do.

Anyway I was cautious on lap 1 because I was starting down the order but that was probably my undoing. Dropped to p8 or something before t2g Alonso lunged me and made a bit of contact with me which made me run into the back of another car which made me lose part of my wing. Had a great battle with jott3r and those opening laps were so intense. After the incident with Ben i wanted to pit but I slowed down to let t2g Alonso through but he ran into the side of me.

Pitted for softs and ran a clean race till the end. Ended up on 80% tyre wear so lucky not to get a puncture.

Massive congratulations to jemmin vntr minty on his first podium and t2g phenom.

I am away for the last race unfortunately so that is me done for the season. Thanks to everyone for all of the battles on track we had and for keeping it clean for the majority of the time. Hope that I can resume my on track rivalries with most people in season 16
Got a clip of that incident buddy, check further up this thread.

SoggyCabbages

FM Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2014
All going pretty swimmingly until, in my opinion, @SoggyCabbages doesn't leave any room for, you know, racing.
Apart from that, actually some really intense battling with @MoRS Buckley and AlonsoFerrari3 today. Shame about the DNF, will see what the steward's think.

(By the way, I think there needs to be some reorganisation for who hosts the lobby, I think a-lot of people had problems today. Willing to throw my hat in the ring if you need me. Had to avoid a collision with @f1ben23 which lead to an illegal overtake; then after the next corner, an accident between him and AlonsoFerrari3.)

When a driver is in front, they have the prerogative to use the racing line. For someone to try and overtake and PERSIST to overtake in places where they have little chance is silly. Just back off and wait it's not hard really.

Jott3r

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 9, 2018
When a driver is in front, they have the prerogative to use the racing line. For someone to try and overtake and PERSIST to overtake in places where they have little chance is silly. Just back off and wait it's not hard really.
Clearly, myself and the steward's didn't agree with that point of view.

MariainFub

Junior Karter
Aug 12, 2019
AHH, yeah that was is. I just remembered one rotting in a yard and figured it was the same one, sad that out of only 30 cars this is the fate of a pair of them

:)