PS4 - Round 14 - United States Grand Prix [29/07/2018 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 14 - United States Grand Prix [29/07/2018 8PM UK]

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 14 - United States Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 29th July 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@pepper_F1
@Tigaby
@AOR_all3ren
@XxHAMMERTIME95Xx
@S40TYD
@TheTubbyNinja
@Boniface-8
@vectro666

Last edited:

Thomasbrxwn

S13 AOR PS4 Assist Champion
Apr 4, 2017
Not sure if I should race the rest of the season, my Internet is fucked and keeps dropping upload and download speed, one min it’s 12MbUp/65MbDown
Then its
1MbUp/12MbDown
Cba with it
Probably the reason I disconnected in Malaysia

Reactions: Boniface-8

Boniface-8

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 18, 2017
Informed absence . As per message in psn race chat

Last edited:

Vintage_DG

S15 AOR PS4 F5 Champion
Mar 29, 2018
Q: P2
R: P5

Did 5 laps before the race as I didn't have to put time in, so i'm fine with P2.
Mid-race my HDMI cable broke and my screen went black 3 times, don't have to say much more really.
That's my season done as I have a race in real life in Abu Dhabi next weekend.
Was fun racing you guys this season!

Reactions: VSR Davidben

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well that was interesting

Nick Brown

S15 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Sep 21, 2017
Q: P4
R: P4

I really enjoyed that, I went really conservative for the first part of the race as I didn't want have any incidents and with it being my first race with you guys. I dropped back to P7 before the pit stops, but was still in close enough contact to the group fighting for 3rd. Went for the soft's as I didn't want to be caught out if it was raining but still dry tyre's at the end, and my pace picked up at the end of the 2nd stint as everyone's SS where going off. Then the rain came, I did really well to not bin it on the in lap, and then managed to speed in the pitlane as the car would not stop, despite this I emerged in 3rd place dropped down to 4th before the end, but held on as I did not have any corner cut pens to 4th. Pretty happy overall especially with Quali as its not usually my strength, had good clean battles with everyone, so cheers for that guys.
Congratulations to @HiippariLate for the win, see everyone for Brazil next week.

Last edited:

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Well.... that's my season over.

Qualifying: P6

Did pretty well considering I struggled with set-ups. Hadn't practice beforehand. Did two laps early doors to get P6 but made a very silly corner cut which invalidated my last attempt, so perhaps a P3 was on the cards as I felt my one-lap pace was decent.

Race: KILLED

Not going to bother with the last race after another dosage of bullshit tonight. Made a bad start and fell to P10 after being nudged out wide by Don and Davidben but that was fair play. Held on well for the first three laps but then made a mistake when losing traction on S3 of lap four which left me out of the points. Just as I was getting my rhythm back I see Davidben having a few issues so tried to go around the outside line - only for him to hog the middle of the track at the last second which left me nowhere to go but to hit the back of him and get sent into the barriers - DNF.

CBA finishing the season after this so gonna save my energies for Season 16 - good luck in the last race guys.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well.... that's my season over.

Qualifying: P6

Did pretty well considering I struggled with set-ups. Hadn't practice beforehand. Did two laps early doors to get P6 but made a very silly corner cut which invalidated my last attempt, so perhaps a P3 was on the cards as I felt my one-lap pace was decent.

Race: KILLED

Not going to bother with the last race after another dosage of bullshit tonight. Made a bad start and fell to P10 after being nudged out wide by Don and Davidben but that was fair play. Held on well for the first three laps but then made a mistake when losing traction on S3 of lap four which left me out of the points. Just as I was getting my rhythm back I see Davidben having a few issues so tried to go around the outside line - only for him to hog the middle of the track at the last second which left me nowhere to go but to hit the back of him and get sent into the barriers - DNF.

CBA finishing the season after this so gonna save my energies for Season 16 - good luck in the last race guys.
Don't be like that. One more race. I'd like as many people as possible to attend the season finale

HiippariLate

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 3, 2018
Doing this kind of late but whatever

Q: p1 pace felt really nice even though I drifted trough the S section in S1 and lost a couple of thents there

R: p1 @Vintage_DG got past me right at the start which was unfortunate. I just followed him till the first pit-stops when I decided to go for the undercut which ended up working. We pretty much just traded places and he just followed me until I made a mistake in S1 and had to let him past because I cut the whole S part. The same story continued I just followed not getting any overtaking attempts, until he lost it in the last corner and I was alone in first place. After that I just cruised to the finish line even though @Tincan394 started to catch me when the rain started.

Boniface-8

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 18, 2017
@DON SILVA. Informed absence for tonights race at Brazil . Left to get home tonight but won't make it home in time so unable to attend. Posted in here as no race thread for Brazi