PC - Round 15 - Brazilian Grand Prix [13/08/2017 8:00 pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 15 - Brazilian Grand Prix [13/08/2017 8:00 pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Round 15 - Brazilian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th August 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Andrei Codreanu

Last edited:

BergheVonTrips

2-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Jun 22, 2015
Looking forward to this one even though it's one of my bogey circuits and performance-wise Abu Dhabi would've suited me better.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Will miss the last race for this season unfortunately, due to getting into vacation for over one week.
For the next season I will be switching over to the PS4 league @Jthorn97 @Bcolt93
On this note I want to thank @FisiFan91 for letting me join mid-season the PC league, even though I couldn't attend that many races, sorry for that :angelic:.
I wish you all the best for the upcoming season and hopefully @BergheVonTrips will not win again :whistle:

Qélon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 15, 2016
Wasn't having high expectations as I spent most of the week on the 2017 beta and not on 2016.
At the start @Fehler3 spun into me and knocked off one half of my front wing. Was still able to battle some guys. Was quite surprised how early @Slickk broke into T3 and so I lost more parts of my front wing. So I had to pit on lap 6 and after some battleing with @Nukka there was no one near 10 seconds, speaking of points over a pit stop distance. So my driving style changed into a mix of pushing very hard and being frustrated (bad mixture). Then I took to much of a cerb and still wanted to go full throttle which resulted in a retirement. Unfortunate, but now I'm really looking forward to S14.
I think everyone agrees with me if I say that it's time to move on to another game. Thanks to @FisiFan91 for organising this whole league. Hopefully I make it to Split 1 in S14 so I can see some of you guys out on track in F1 2017.

Reactions: FisiFan91

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
What a serious tragic way to end a even more tragic season. Race ruined in T1 as I get caught up in cars spinning and loses front wing. 2stop, gg.

Had some nice battleing with @Chicane thanks for that atleast. Think i got the fastest lap (yay) .

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
A very bittersweet end to a otherwise very successful season, considering I did a bit more practice then usual and then got tapped on the run to turn 1, which made me lose a part of my wing. With there being no strategic variance, I was pretty much screwed, so P10 it was.

But... on the other hand, myself and @BergheVonTrips managed to clinch the WCC, so can't be mad about that! Especially considering where Mercedes was at the start of the season... :)

Reactions: BergheVonTrips

BergheVonTrips

Jun 22, 2015
Big sorry to @ramdrop for bumping into you at the beginning of the race. Got past Ycoms and misjudged my braking, couldn't avoid you anymore. Glad we could both continue unscathed.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I really hate this game, the amount of bugs that are showing is really offputting..

Qualified on pole, had a few tenths in hand I felt, but lost the rear out of the final corner and dropped them.

Start of the race went ok, locked up into turn 1, at the end of lap 2, Streez flew past me as if i didn't exist, then I had a great exit and wanted to slipstream behind him, rich revs, but he pulled away???

I saw the proxy arrows with your car @BergheVonTrips and i don't think the car felt bad, so i guess no harm done.

Pitted 1 lap early to get an undercut that didn't work, even though I was in slipstream all race, I never gained on anybody, I'm sure I was desyncd or something, pitted again for a second time like a mong because I was listening to Jeff and not paying attention, tyres were perfect, dunno why I pitted.. could have been a win, but hey, bye 2016.

Reactions: BergheVonTrips

RyanL83

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2014
Been an absolute pleasure to have commentated and broadcasted Split 1 for you guys over the course of the season. A new perspective for me but a fun to do it alongside @King-kodiak and @Marco FD

Sadly this was the last of me commentating and broadcasting as I've decided to mount a return in S14 to league race. Whether I'll be in Split 1 I doubt it but you never know. If I don't race with yous next season then I Will say it's been a honour and privilege.

See you guys on the track soon.

RyanL83

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
Been an absolute pleasure to have commentated and broadcasted Split 1 for you guys over the course of the season. A new perspective for me but a fun to do it alongside @King-kodiak and @Marco FD

Sadly this was the last of me commentating and broadcasting as I've decided to mount a return in S14 to league race. Whether I'll be in Split 1 I doubt it but you never know. If I don't race with yous next season then I Will say it's been a honour and privilege.

See you guys on the track soon.

RyanL83
You are a brilliant commentator.

BergheVonTrips

Jun 22, 2015
My last qualifying of the season didn't go well, with me running out of fuel on my last attempt. Should've put in a stronger lap on my previous attempts, but **** happens.

The race itself was quite thrilling from start to finish with me battling my way through to P2, but then being unable to get past Streez who had a blistering pace on the hard compound. I initially planned to stay out until lap 15, but with ramdrop and Ycoms pitting on lap 11 and 12 respectively, I followed their strategy by pitting on lap 13. This turned out to be the correct decision as I came out just ahead of ramdrop. He got past me a few laps later and I decided to take it easy behind him, save as much fuel as I can and save my tyres as much as possible. When he pitted for a second time, I knew my only chance to win this race was to stay out until the end. With Ycoms and Fisi being quite far off, it was worth taking the risk.

RBK in 2nd and on fresher mediums got closer and closer, but I had more than enough fuel to use and continued to turn up my engine for the two DRS-straights in order to keep him behind. This worked out really well until lap 35, when I made a mistake going into T4. I clipped the right rear wheel onto the grass and nearly lost the car under braking, but quickly recovered. RBK tried to get past around the outside but then shied away onto the astro turf. Despite him keeping the pressure up I managed to stay infront until the end, securing my first AOR win in Brazil and the 6th win of the season. More importantly though, this result cemented our 1st place in the championship. Many thanks to my teammate Slick who has been such a massive support for our WCC campaign and congratulations to the other podium finishers, especially Fehler for his maiden podium in the AOR.

I feel like I said everything I had to say about this season last week, so...

• Friendly
Reactions: Fehler3