PC - Round 15 - Brazilian Grand Prix [13/08/2017 8:00 pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 15 - Brazilian Grand Prix [13/08/2017 8:00 pm]

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Not the way how the season should have ended.

Tbh I was already disappointed in qualifying, everyone got offered the easy 1 stop strategy for the race and apart from the beginning of the season I just didn't have the pace in the wet, so yeah. With that said, in nearly 50% of the races in S12 and 13 I had wet conditions in either qualifying or the race, must have carried all the rain over from Xbox which was absolutely stone dry this season, fml. Somehow managed to pull out the best lap of the season for me, no room for improvement.

It was brilliant to see that once again there was no slipstream what so ever, making things even more difficult. Was quite shocked about Berghe's Torpedo into T1, that he got away with it surprised me even more. :p A lap later I got damage (I hit 14 cars in the rear at Austria harder than this and didn't get any damage, logic pls), race pretty much over. Ironically I was able to keep pace with the top 3 until my stop, which frustrated me even more.
Even after the pit stop a podium would have been on the cards with passing @fugotaro, but no slipstream made it nearly impossible despite clear pace advantage. I went for it in the middle sector and on the outside of T9 I felt squeezed to the edge which resulted in the incident. There was no way I'd back out of that and no way I could have gone further to the right, and I wasn't happy really, but as it's F1 2016 I'm certain on fugotaro's screen he was far more the left than he was on mine, at least it seemed like that kind of lag incident anyway.

No battles after that, P7.

Overall though a very very positive season, if I look at my goals-post before round 1 I've definitely overthrown that, and Team Manor has done the same tbh with fighting for a team championship. That it didn't work out is bitter after having lead by 57 points already, but was kind of to be expected. Thanks everyone for participating, it was very refreshing to be back in PC Split 1, argueably the best season I had so far in F1 league racing! Also definitely had the best teammate ever imaginable. <3
Definitely back for Season 14, don't have a clue yet which platform, a lot will depend on who'll sign up here on PC.

Last edited:

fugotaro

Formula Karter
Aug 13, 2016
Not the way I wanted to end the season but quite happy with the way I drove yesterday.

Quali was okayish could have gone quicker but was quite happy with the lap anyway as I only did 5 laps or so in the wet.

I had a good start making up 2 postions then I had some nice battles with @RBK and @XLNC_Afro. Then @Ycoms patience snaped I guess and went for a divebomb on me and later we took each other out completely which could have been a podium for me. After that nothing happened as I finished P8.

Frustrating way to end the season but yeah this season was pure frustration for me anyway. Thanks to @FisiFan91 for organizing it all and to all the drivers for the racing. I wish you guys all the best for next season as I won't be there to see it because of school yay...

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
I love driving in Brazil, it's one of my favourite tracks on the calendar.
Qualifying was not easy, running 5-3 wings didn't help in the wet conditions. I really wanted that first AOR podium in the final race, P7 was not the best to be in for the start...

Starting on the hard tyres I didn't get away well enough to maintain my position, @Slickk and @RBK "sandwiched me" into turn 1 and that caused a dangerous collision, resulting in several cars being damaged - fortunately I survived unharmed.
From now on it was a hunt for what is left in the race, I already thought the podium is gone, lets just make the best out of it.

But my pace seemed to be solid around here in the dry conditions, @Qélon made a mistake on lap 3 which allowed me to get past, I got @Maffus on lap 6. On lap 20 I saw @RT93 StreezVtec having a puncture and was very afraid that I would get one (only tried the 1 stop because I had fresh tyres at the start) - but I survived into the pits with 80% on my rears, I rejoined in P6.

It took 4 laps to catch up to @FisiFan91 , I recognized that from now on I had to deal with the slipstream glitch once again. On lap 27 I overtook @FisiFan91, and with @ramdrop pitting again that meant P4. @XLNC_Afro was the only one left between myself and my first podium, so I gave everything I could to catch and overtake him. On lap 33 I went for it around the outside of turn 4 and tried to hold it on the inside into turn 6, but I was already behind. @XLNC_Afro though left me space and so I got next to him again, on the stream it looked like we made contact and that I pushed him wide, but I feel like the move was fair and there was still enough space - luckily he caught his car and nothing happened.

This race has definitely been a brilliant end to an awesome rookie season in AOR for me. Going into the season I never thought I could get anyway near the podium and now I got it finally. It's fantastic.

Thank you @FisiFan91 for putting me into Split 1 despite me being a rookie, I had a great time racing with you guys and hope that we can continue that in F1 2017 - I will have to practice a lot for sure to get into Split 1 again, but that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Once again congratulations to @BergheVonTrips for the championship!
Well done to @Ycoms to finish second despite missing 3 races!
I'm looking forward to see @RBK in F1 2017, you have impressed me!

And finally - thank you for a good season @maxafc46, it was a pleasure to be your teammate!

NickB

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Watched the first half of this race and I have to say it was good to watch probably the 5 fastest guys in the league all battling it out at the front. Nice for @BergheVonTrips to win on his final race and congratulations on the championship, and the same to @Slickk with the constructors.

Congrats to my ex-teammate @Qélon for finishing the season, and props to @Fehler3 on the podium, who seems to be an ever improving driver.

Commiserations to @Ycoms who I thought was exceptional throughout the year, along with @FisiFan91, many will agree with me it was nice to see a proper Drivers and Constructors battle and Fisi to be included in that.

Loved the coverage this season as well so a final thanks to @King-kodiak, @RyanL83 (good to see you'll be on track again next season), @Marco FD and @allflattious.

Perhaps I'd like to comeback to AOR Racing in the winter months (if Fisi will forgive me for leaving mid season:love:) as I just don't have the time in the summer, who knows what the future holds.

See you on track.

P.S. I'm still salty that I run out of fuel in Australia and lost the win, that still gets on my tits to this day.

BergheVonTrips

2-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Jun 22, 2015
P.S. I'm still salty that I run out of fuel in Australia and lost the win, that still gets on my tits to this day.
I'd feel exactly the same if I was you. :) But at least we had a great race that day, definitely one of the most memorable ones in AOR history.

• Agree
Reactions: NickB

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
I love driving in Brazil, it's one of my favourite tracks on the calendar.
Qualifying was not easy, running 5-3 wings didn't help in the wet conditions. I really wanted that first AOR podium in the final race, P7 was not the best to be in for the start...

Starting on the hard tyres I didn't get away well enough to maintain my position, @Slickk and @RBK "sandwiched me" into turn 1 and that caused a dangerous collision, resulting in several cars being damaged - fortunately I survived unharmed.
From now on it was a hunt for what is left in the race, I already thought the podium is gone, lets just make the best out of it.

But my pace seemed to be solid around here in the dry conditions, @Qélon made a mistake on lap 3 which allowed me to get past, I got @Maffus on lap 6. On lap 20 I saw @RT93 StreezVtec having a puncture and was very afraid that I would get one (only tried the 1 stop because I had fresh tyres at the start) - but I survived into the pits with 80% on my rears, I rejoined in P6.

It took 4 laps to catch up to @FisiFan91 , I recognized that from now on I had to deal with the slipstream glitch once again. On lap 27 I overtook @FisiFan91, and with @ramdrop pitting again that meant P4. @XLNC_Afro was the only one left between myself and my first podium, so I gave everything I could to catch and overtake him. On lap 33 I went for it around the outside of turn 4 and tried to hold it on the inside into turn 6, but I was already behind. @XLNC_Afro though left me space and so I got next to him again, on the stream it looked like we made contact and that I pushed him wide, but I feel like the move was fair and there was still enough space - luckily he caught his car and nothing happened.

This race has definitely been a brilliant end to an awesome rookie season in AOR for me. Going into the season I never thought I could get anyway near the podium and now I got it finally. It's fantastic.

Thank you @FisiFan91 for putting me into Split 1 despite me being a rookie, I had a great time racing with you guys and hope that we can continue that in F1 2017 - I will have to practice a lot for sure to get into Split 1 again, but that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Once again congratulations to @BergheVonTrips for the championship!
Well done to @Ycoms to finish second despite missing 3 races!
I'm looking forward to see @RBK in F1 2017, you have impressed me!

And finally - thank you for a good season @maxafc46, it was a pleasure to be your teammate!

Congratulations on finally getting that podium, it has been a great season being teammates with you and practicing with you has really helped me improve throughout the season. Hopefully we can be teammates again next season and with less bad luck we can make a good run at a high constructors championship finish. I also like Brazil, being the only win i got last season, so a shame I couldn't finish the season but looking foward to sweating out the beta until season 14 to ensure i can get split 1 again.

Reactions: Fehler3

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
So, time for a report.

Quali. Well, once again its wet, sure why dont I practice for it? Because its boring and i have limited time. Anywho, PSomething, happy with that.

Race: Felt like i had some decent pace around here, like everyone else. Unfortunately i got caught up in a accident upfront in T1. Lost abit of the front wing and the race was pretty much over since the only strategy was a onestop. Battled a couple of laps with Chicane which was nice and decided to pit in the end to try and go for fastest lap (always something) =)

Season: My goal preseason was to finish top 10, that failed. Allthough not that dissapointed since i feel i had alot of bad luck woth alot of DNF:s which i usually dont have. Anyway, have been a blast racing with all of you guys, really nice to see that everyone shows up the entire season (more or less). PC-side rules in every aspect!

With F1 2017 coming up we have to wait and see, kinda looking at other options, maybe after 5 seasons its time to try something new, atleast i will give the Assetto Corsa endurance a fair chance. Want to thank @FisiFan91 for being the chief of this split. Thanks to @Marco FD @RyanL83 @King-kodiak for a massive job in the commentarybox. Awesome job. Congratulations to @BergheVonTrips for the title, and to @Slickk aswell for the constructors. Shoutout to @FisiFan91 @Fehler3 and @Ycoms for great and clean driving. Im sure we will meet again y'all. Til next time guys, take it easy! Peace

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Slightly late race report incoming... :p

So obviously, after preparing for a potential 1-stop strategy advantage for the 3rd race in a row, rain came and ruined it... for the 3rd race in a row. Wet qualy which meant everyone was given an easy 1-stop again, but at least I managed to get up to a decent speed in the wet and was pretty happy with my lap to start P6. Got a pretty poor launch off the line though and @fugotaro slipped up by inside at turn 1, before @RBK overtook me at turn 4 since my brain thought I still had to use the wet weather braking point for some reason... so down to P8.

Most of the first stint was spent trying to get past @XLNC_Afro which I really should have done on one of the attempts when I had my car ahead going into turn 4, but then ruined it by braking slightly too late. Tried to undercut him instead by pitting for the hards on lap 13, but (despite getting DRS help from my dear teammate) he still emerged right ahead of me when he pitted a few laps later. Couldn't mount too much of a challenge on the hard tyres, but gained 2 positions when @fugotaro & @Ycoms had their incident :cry:, so was up to P6, and then P5 when @ramdrop got confused into doing a 2nd stop.

Couldn't do much about @Fehler3 passing me on his fresh mediums about 10 laps from the end, and I thought it would be a similar story when @ramdrop caught me with 4 laps to go, but I was surprisingly able to keep him behind while also closing in on Fehler & Afro who were battling ahead. On the final lap I thought I had the chance to get a run on Afro out of turn 2, but went a bit too hard on the throttle and got a slight touch in the back which ruined that. So just kept it together on the final lap to finish P5.

Pretty happy with that result, but of course the main aim for the race was to outscore Mercedes and win back the contructors lead, which unfortunately wasn't possible with Ycoms' troubles. So mixed feelings really - happy to end the season with a decent result and secure 6th in the championship, but disappointed to not get the constructors after all. Congrats to @BergheVonTrips & @Slickk though - really good form from both of you in recent weeks.

Although there were a few low points, I enjoyed the season overall. Some good battles and a few decent result. Obviously the Manor 1-2 at Canada will stand out as the highlight (only race the weather worked in our favour lol). Special thanks to @Ycoms - definitely made my season a lot more enjoyable working with you <3

Here are the Manor highlights from the final race:

Overall, I think it's been a good season for PC Split 1! As always a few drivers dropping out, but we managed to keep the grid size up for the full season, and never had a race with less than 15 cars on the grid, which is pretty good! This is definitely one of the most competitive seasons I've been part of in terms of general competitiveness throughout the field.

So I'd like to thank you all for driving this season - especially those who remained active week in week out from the start! Special shoutout I guess to @BergheVonTrips, @XLNC_Afro, @Nukka (and myself lol) who attended all 15 races! Hope to see many of you again in S14.

Final Drivers' Championship Standings:

Final Constructors' Championship Standings:

Some stats:

Race winners - 5 drivers
6 - @BergheVonTrips
3 - @Ycoms
2 - @NickB
2 - @RT93 StreezVtec
2 - @XLNC_Afro

Pole sitters - 9 drivers
3 - @BergheVonTrips
3 - @ramdrop
2 - @F.Donoso
2 - @RT93 StreezVtec
1 - @NickB
1 - @PAPA SOKRATIS
1 - @maxafc46
1 - @XLNC_Afro
1 - @Ycoms

Fastest lap holders - 10 drivers
3 - @RT93 StreezVtec
2 - @XLNC_Afro
2 - @Fehler3
2 - @F.Donoso
1 - @Ycoms
1 - @NickB
1 - @Saffzo Zenron
1 - @RBK
1 - @BergheVonTrips
1 - @Nukka

Podiums - 13 drivers
9 - @BergheVonTrips
8 - @RBK
7 - @Ycoms
5 - @XLNC_Afro
4 - @NickB
3 - @ramdrop
2 - @RT93 StreezVtec
2 - @Slickk
1 - @F.Donoso
1 - @FisiFan91
1 - @Nukka
1 - @maxafc46
1 - @Fehler3

Chicane

F1 Test Driver
Feb 2, 2014
My capture software acted up when I loaded it minutes before going into Q. Did some risky uninstalling and reinstalling and updating while being in lobby but I didn't get it fixed, so I couldn't capture the final race.

Very competetive field this season. Also I feel I've had quite some tough luck with unlucky incidents. But without excuses I was just that few tents off most of the times. Still I enjoyed the races and was always looking forward to the next sunday evening. Let's see what F1 2017 brings. Hopefully at least a working SC and good wet weather (that won't get banned due to pad advantage like F1 2014), but also I hope I miraculously find that few extra tenths so I can be even more competetive next season, and of course again in split 1. :)