XB1 - Round 15 - Brazilian Grand Prix - [5/07/18 8.00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 15 - Brazilian Grand Prix - [5/07/18 8.00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Germo

XB1 F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Its been nice meeting and racing with most of the people here and I've enjoyed nearly every minute of it. I hope to you some of you next season.

Reactions: Cinnamon Rage

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Qualifying
First run wasn’t great but decided to wait as long as possible to see if I should go on dry tyres. Decided to just do inters again. Thought I had pole for the last race of the season before @K04 stole it from me at the last second (you heartless monster, haha).

Race
Ok start but dropped a place to @Evilkatmobile but his consistently appalling internet connection caused him to lag my way into wing damage. I feel partly responsible as I should have reported the connection issues a good few races ago. A few of us noticed and discussed it but just didn’t do anything about it. In doing nothing, I feel like Peter Parker who let a criminal get away then the very same criminal ends up screwing him over (via Uncle Ben) I.e. it’s kind of on me :ROFLMAO:

Regardless, had to pit on lap 2 as I had lost too much wing/downforce and I kept getting close to bumping into @xXMARKELiNXx so I just pitted, rather than dragging it out. Got good pace though and caught up with the back of the pack again. Pitted for 2nd SS and as I came out, it started raining. Thought I screwed up but it wasn’t that wet, so was ok. Pitted for softs for my 3rd and final stop as others went to inters and I made up at least a couple of places. Ps. That’s to @JRT.Simmo for the really clean racing and leaving me more room than you needed to.

Got 3rd in my first ever F1 AOR season - super chuffed.

Also, got to know some of you well through practice sessions and post race party chat. Absolutely loved my first season in AOR. Wish I’d done this sooner.

Cheers everyone!! :)(y)

Ps. I’ll have my race video for this and the USA by Wednesday at latest hopefully.

Reactions: K04

Cathal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
Not getting into a petty tit for tat argument, you've got your opinion and i've got mine.

Was buzzing after qualifying in P1 for the first time in my AOR career, had the pace in the opening stint to keep with @Atul987 and @Evilkatmobile, felt the 3 of us were pulling away easily. Was leading then made a 50/50 call for inters and unfortunately it dried up so lost out on a first or second at least, so pretty disappointed about that but the track had been on the edge for ages and when the drs is disabled its usually a sure thing to switch tyres. It didn't work out this time but that happens.

Enjoyed the season, looking forward to my third season with f1 2018, although with final year of uni it might be tricky :p Hopefully see some of you next season :)
Leading after taking me out? Pulling away easily even though I jumped you? Right

Reactions: xXMARKELiNXx

Atul987

Formula Karter
Nov 20, 2017
First of want to say congrats to @mightydylan3224 for winning the championship!
You've been much quicker than most of us and deserve it!!

During the race, I decided to pit for inters from the lead when DRS was disabled, this was the wrong decision as the track was only wet enough for around 5/6 laps. So should've stayed out, and if I did then I potentially would've won the race and the championship.

Nevertheless, proud of coming second in my first full AOR championship. It's been great racing with you all, hopefully be racing with some of you on F1 2018 as well.
And thanks to @Proulx2001 for hosting and organising the sessions..

Bayfield22

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 27, 2017
one of the most enjoyable races I've take part in this season

crashed in quali so started from p14.

jumped 3 cars of the line and ended up being P9 out of turn 3. got past @Chris Leather on lap 3 and then had a lag spike on the main straight and went back behind @Joshua Germany. carried on my softs to lap 20 and changed to mediums. kept climbing positions as people around me stopped or had incidents and got up to P4. @Atul987 and someone else pitted for inters and i got up to second. had a 3 second penalty so @Cinnamon Rage jumped me but was pretty hap with P14-->P3

Also congrats to @mightydylan3224 on the chamiponship

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Here is the footage for USA:

Here is my race from Brazil:

Sorry for the delay on the USA footage - I though my last 5 laps were corrupted but it was just an issue with the computer. Anyway, I quickly knocked these up. There is a playlist of all the race for the season on my channel.

K04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 23, 2017
Here is the footage for USA:

Here is my race from Brazil:

Sorry for the delay on the USA footage - I though my last 5 laps were corrupted but it was just an issue with the computer. Anyway, I quickly knocked these up. There is a playlist of all the race for the season on my channel.

Usa was me looking at the vid, my teammate had already passed you, I think its the two lines we were taking converged on each other, I was overtaking jrt, following proulx through, at the time I thought it was a lighter tap than what it was like wheel to wheel so didn't think too much of it, sorry to see you got wing damage tho so apologies.

Brazil, i was buzzing to take my first pole, you've already had a few? so sorry but not sorry :p the same thing happened to me in F7 last year, thought i had pole only to be pipped on the last seconds.

Pleased with my start too, usually i get poor starts and drop back, I can't quite get the traction with my pedals, but luckily here i got a good start :)

If i hadn't have messed up the pits then it would have been a good result, i pitted because last season at Malaysia, I was leading and the drs was disabled just after i passed the pits, when i got round i to pit i was 5/6th so lost heaps of time, so was trying to avoid getting caught out like that again, unfortunately i was caught out again :p

Reactions: Cinnamon Rage