Round 15 - Brazilian Prix [05/08/18 8.00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Round 15 - Brazilian Prix [05/08/18 8.00pm]

SoggyCabbages

FM Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2014
Only second time this season I didn’t qualify on hardest compound. Had a good first time but then invalidated second lap. Had at least three tenths to improve.
Was spun first corner then had a quiet race. First time in the season I was faster than my team mate also which was fun. Nice little tussle with him.

Then Jeff put me in super softs about lap 30 was still too rainy. Stayed on them thinking I could get fastest lap but was just too slow.

Good season guys we’ve argued and crashed but I’m glad to be here still!

Reactions: Xterm1n8or

Jott3r

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 9, 2018
Just seen the stewards decision from an incident I had at the COTA, been busy last few days so hadn't had a change to log on.

Bit laughable really when you aren't allowed to defend aggressively and force someone to not try a stupid overtake. Good job Stewards. Shame you can't appeal in this place as I never had my say.
I wouldn't personally consider my overtake stupid, @SoggyCabbages, considering I was alongside you headed into the turn where you were penalised most.
Aggressively defending is fine but you were OVERLY aggressive. T13 was absolutely ridiculous on your part, T14 was questionable at best - both myself and the steward's clearly saw it as unsportsmanlike. I personally say justice is done, and I congratulate the steward's for coming to the correct, informed decision.

Learn from the mistake rather that try and defend it. This is racing, not the "my position, not yours" game.

SoggyCabbages

FM Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2014
I wouldn't personally consider my overtake stupid, @SoggyCabbages, considering I was alongside you headed into the turn where you were penalised most.
Aggressively defending is fine but you were OVERLY aggressive. T13 was absolutely ridiculous on your part, T14 was questionable at best - both myself and the steward's clearly saw it as unsportsmanlike. I personally say justice is done, and I congratulate the steward's for coming to the correct, informed decision.

Learn from the mistake rather that try and defend it. This is racing, not the "my position, not yours" game.

Lol.

At no point were you ahead of me (for about 2 seconds maybe in between one of the turns).

I have every rightto defend aggressively, you could have pulled out and conceded at the first phase of the battle but you didn't, none of those turns in real life were particularly that good for overtaking.

I shan't learn from a mistake because there was none.

Jott3r

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 9, 2018
Lol.

At no point were you ahead of me (for about 2 seconds maybe in between one of the turns).

I have every rightto defend aggressively, you could have pulled out and conceded at the first phase of the battle but you didn't, none of those turns in real life were particularly that good for overtaking.

I shan't learn from a mistake because there was none.
Whether or not you believe what you did was right or not, the fact is the official's think what you did was dangerous and you got the appropriate penalty for it. I happen to agree with them as the one being on the opposite end of someone driving dangerously.

We clearly aren't going to agree, but I certainly stick by the steward's opinion. It's a great call, therefore I have no intention in arguing with facts; you quite clearly do. :unsure:

Reactions: AOR Andrew