PC - Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix [04/02/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix [04/02/18 8:00pm]

trumpa94

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 25, 2017
IMO i was as aggresive with dragon bone, as alonso was with hamilton
Anyways, @dragonbone81 I appologise if that was my fault. I dont rly care bcs it was for P6

EL_Sonny

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 9, 2017
@DemoN @Thompson Tonight @Fbyson couldnt make it because his mom had a car accident, he did let me know true steam so i think he doesnt deserve a warning for it for not letting know at the forum. @AOR Ghost didnt show up without letting us know. He wasnt online either when it was 8.00 PM.

• Informative
Reactions: Thompson

Filip Prešnajder

S15 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 28, 2017
#MagicTyres
Still happy with P2 tbh, me and @EL_Sonny had similiar pace most of the time, so i was just doing lap after lap with no action :p.
My qualy.. well it wasn't best of the laps as i've managed to do 1:31.1 in gp mode so yeah..
Still happy with P2 though!
Anyway congrats to @EL_Sonny on the win and @Aladar on the podium finish!

Last edited:
  • Burn
Reactions: Aladar and EL_Sonny

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
I started in P5, but ruined my own race by going of the track three times on lap 1, which dropped me to last place. By lap 6 I had worked myself back up to 10th, but then I spun. Near the end I found myself in 9th, but I got some free positions from @dragonbone81, @trumpa94 and @JERRY to finish in 6th.

Reactions: trumpa94

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
I started in P5, but ruined my own race by going of the track three times on lap 1, which dropped me to last place. By lap 6 I had worked myself back up to 10th, but then I spun. Near the end I found myself in 9th, but I got some free positions from @dragonbone81, @trumpa94 and @JERRY to finish in 6th.

Coming out of turn 2 in your video you can see my massive brain lag as I touch Smash and then a couple of seconds later veer off the left to avoid him lol

Armadeira

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 5, 2017
Pretty bad race from my side. Had a bit side-by-side action with @Helmetless Stig on lap 2. I wasn't sure if I forced him off track, so I gave back the position. After Stig had made another mistake I got the position back but lost it again only a lap later because @Raidersky spun right in front of me. Then it took me 3 more laps to get back past Stig and I had lost the time worth a pitstop to the guys in front. This also caused some more or less enjoyable moments with @dragonbone81 , @scotchtape20 , @JERRY and @trumpa94 after they had made their pitstops.
In the end I was actually pretty surprised to come home in P8.

JERRY

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 8, 2017
It's my first proper no assist league race and I am happy that I did race with you guys. An exciting race for me apart from me being overtaken by everyone due to a very bad race setup (horrible Tyre wear) I think I could have fight for podium with a good race setup. My race also ruined by a puncture on 26th lap too. But still I am happy that I can race with u guys wheel to wheel with no worries of being taken out.... :)

• Happy
Reactions: Armadeira

Fbyson

Formula Karter
Sep 6, 2017
im sorry that i couldnt make it i got a phone call from my dad 10 minutes before the race started where he told me that my mum had an car accident. i went to the hospital immediatly so i couldnt tell a coordinator what happened.

trumpa94

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 25, 2017
[email protected] , hey m8. It would all have ended better if I didn't have the smallest understeer ever which caused me to correct my car directly in front of you.

1517842713032.png

I think this was the deciding moment when I had to correct. If you look at this, there was enough space for you, but on the next frame I will be just that bit too much on the right side. My verdict: racing incident

• Disagree
Reactions: dragonbone81

trumpa94

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 25, 2017
Pretty bad race from my side. Had a bit side-by-side action with @Helmetless Stig on lap 2. I wasn't sure if I forced him off track, so I gave back the position. After Stig had made another mistake I got the position back but lost it again only a lap later because @Raidersky spun right in front of me. Then it took me 3 more laps to get back past Stig and I had lost the time worth a pitstop to the guys in front. This also caused some more or less enjoyable moments with @dragonbone81 , @scotchtape20 , @JERRY and @trumpa94 after they had made their pitstops.
In the end I was actually pretty surprised to come home in P8.

So sorry 4 the shunt on lap 12. I guess its karma that i didnt finish LOL

• Useful
Reactions: Armadeira

S03r3n

Junior Karter
Jan 27, 2018
Race highlights from my first race. A solid P7 is a good result. Got a few presents and extra points in the last laps. Most of the race i was toghether with @Kreosteijn but in the end his strategy with the mediums were better than my super soft-soft-strategy. Unfortunately the rain came to late :p

scotchtape20

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2014
I'm not a fan of Malaysia, I find it very difficult to master, especially on a pad, because of all the semi-high speed corners everywhere. I got a horrible first lap in quali which left me almost last. My second run was much better (almost 1 sec faster) which gave me P6 to start.

I was afraid for the first lap first corner complex due to the low speeds and the generic "move out of the way I must win now" mentality that happens all the time (nobody's fault here), but I was surprised with how clean it was and how much people were giving space to each other, which allowed me to have a good side-by-side battle with @Kreosteijn for the first couple of corners. I was then stuck in a ham sandwich between the two Force Indias (@dragonbone81 and @CameronB ) for a long time while the top-4 ran away. I struggled with the second sector all throughout the race, but I had a clear advantage against both of them coming out turn 14 (going into the first long straight) as both of them had difficulty to get the power down. Then, on that same corner, @dragonbone81 slid off to the outside and I was able to take the position. He pitted early for a 2-stop strategy while me and @CameronB continued on with our 1-stop strategy. I couldn't get away from him the entire race as I had the advantage on the straights and would build a gap, but lose it all on the second sector. We pitted on the same lap and my pit crew held me a little longer which allowed Cameron to come out ahead of me. I overtook him 2 laps later and then towed him all the way to @JERRY and @Aladar . We both overtook Jerry, but couldn't make it through Aladar, one more lap and I would probably have him. P4 was much better than I hoped for, but I would have liked more to finish ahead of Aladar for the championship.

In the end, congrats to @EL_Sonny and @Smash for completely destroying us with the SS-S strategy and going at max pace while us plebs on a SS-M strategy could barely make it to the end at ~65% tyre wear on the mediums at max pace, and finish 20 sec behind.

Let's be real, the REAL championship is for 3rd place at this point.

#RealChampIsThird #MagicTyres

Reactions: CameronB