XB1 - Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix [04/02/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix [04/02/18 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sepang International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Dr Prettyman
@RoyerTheDestroyer
@Dan Hawkins
@o Coxon o

LCR Apex

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 15, 2014
Looked at my phone on the second qualy outlap and bottled it so I started like 10th :lol:

Tried to change it up by going Supers > Supers before it rained but the rain came like 2 laps after the first pitstop. Hindsight's a female dog but starting on Softs would have made a 1-stop possible but oopsie.

Got caught by a car that had unfortunately been put on slicks again which compromised the rest of the race, but I'm more than happy with 3rd given that I started so low.

Got my weaker tracks next so we'll just see how that goes lol

Reactions: SolidOOFT

SolidOOFT

Pro Karter
May 1, 2017
Looked at my phone on the second qualy outlap and bottled it so I started like 10th :lol:

Tried to change it up by going Supers > Supers before it rained but the rain came like 2 laps after the first pitstop. Hindsight's a female dog but starting on Softs would have made a 1-stop possible but oopsie.

Got caught by a car that had unfortunately been put on slicks again which compromised the rest of the race, but I'm more than happy with 3rd given that I started so low.

Got my weaker tracks next so we'll just see how that goes lol
Good battle bro, think you had me in the dry. Well done on the podium.

• Winner
Reactions: LCR Apex

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Umm... Quali went good. Start was good. In 3rd and @Meks Unseen goes to pit. I follow. Have softs selected. Had to do an extra lap in the rain so I pit for wets knowing heavier rain was coming. Inters were by far the best tyre even in the pouring rain and I have no idea how so I pit for inters. Ended up in p8 but had some penalties which I felt weren’t fair so I shall get them investigated and I might be able to get p7.

Awful race

Reactions: Meks Unseen and K04

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Well yesterday was a roller coaster of emotions for sure haha. For anybody who doesn't know, I live right outside of Philadelphia and the Eagles won the super bowl last night!!!! Needless to say I've gone and drank too much but alas.

As for the race, I saw it was going to be heavy rain towards the end and my gut dropped... quali was going ok, but I went and bottled my last lap 1.5s up. Ok so starting near that back. First couple laps were ok. Got some wing damage from spinning the back end on the uphill right hander (maybe T5?) After that the rain came and everything went south. Nobody to blame but myself, I just couldn't get comfortable in the wet. Spun the car a couple times and for the first time since joining the league I finished the race outside of a points paying position.

Kind of a deflating experience being it was my first league race on the wheel. At least I know what I have to work on.

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
Well I enjoyed that - I opted to start at the back as that is where I feel most comfortable. Of course you lads know I CHOOSE to be last.......lol!!!

Anyways - I knew the rain would come and I actually feel quite good in the wet so I held out on the SS until the rain started. I should have pitted one lap earlier as lost about 20 seconds on the lap in as the SS just became an ice rink.

Got in on Inters and started catching a few up who stayed out.

Had a good race with @Jacketsujouu who was quicker through 1st sectors but could catch back up in sector 3. Anyways - felt sorry as I kindly let my team mate (with the multiple penalties....;) through and in doing so not sure if I confused @Jacketsujouu as he kindly let @Joseph Baigent through under blue flags but he also let me through as well.......

Same thing happened to me 4 laps earlier but anyways got in front and up to 9th so I'll take another couple of points.

Only pitted once and made one mistake the whole race, except being slow!!!

So on to one of my fav tracks - Japan.....

Im up climbing around Ben Nevis for the whole of next week so if I dont turn up on Sunday - its because I fell off guys....thanks for the memories.

Dom

Reactions: Joseph Baigent