PS4 - Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix (11/02/18 8:00pm) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix (11/02/18 8:00pm)

Who will win the Championship

• Total voters

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sepang International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@HRacingGreen

Questions:

1) With this possibly being the last ever Malaysian GP on AOR how do you feel about the omission of this track in F1 and what were your best memories about it in League Racing and in real Formula One?

2) With Malaysia always able to throw a rainshower into the race, how do you feel about your wet weather pace?

Predict:
Pole:
1)
2)
3)
first to bottle the 2nd to last corner:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016
1) With this possibly being the last ever Malaysian GP on AOR how do you feel about the omission of this track in F1 and what were your best memories about it in League Racing and in real Formula One?

Dissapointing as it's one of my favourites. Formula europe P2 after great battle with @F1ITALIAN_Magic. In real F1 definetly Kimi's first win in 2003.

2) With Malaysia always able to throw a rainshower into the race, how do you feel about your wet weather pace?

Should be good.

Predict:
Pole: @SynTeTiC96
1) @Rc-Alonso44
2) @Ollie_D631
3) @XxCarrexX06
first to bottle the 2nd to last corner:

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016

In League Racing S12 was obv a crazy race coming back from 19th to win, but in terms of Pace it was S11 as i was just 10 sec beind Tigger and 20 ahead of the next car and this made me really pround in only my 2nd league race

Predict:
Pole: @Aressi191
1) @XxCarrexX06
2) @SynTeTiC96
3) @Aressi191
first to bottle the 2nd to last corner: @jake_lfc01

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
Overall i think its a little bit sad. Its not my most favorite track on the world but it allows close racing and you can really push through the corners, which makes it quite fun. Malaysia had some exciting races over the time and as well over the last years. (Ricc Verstappen in 2016/ Hamilton Verstappen 2017)
I'm happy with that
Predict:
Pole: @Aressi191/@XxCarrexX06
1) Aressi
2) Olli
3) Simo
first to bottle the 2nd to last corner: This corner is not as difficult as most people say, if you know what you have to change in your setup you can get it at least 8/10

F4H_Jake

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 28, 2016

I track I enjoy driving with these new cars especially and in real life there was some good entertaining races so I’ll misss it.

F*cking **** balls

Predict:
Pole: @Aressi191
1) @XxCarrexX06
2) @Aressi191
3) @Alberto_222
first to bottle the 2nd to last corner: @wooly51

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
And with that I'm handing my notice in.

I CANNOT understand how I can have so little rear end grip with the same setup that was perfectly fine a few weeks prior.

So sorry to the people I affected by effectively sliding around in front of them.

Don't deserve to waste my Sunday evenings with this game. Worse than a prison sentence.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
i just cant do setups on the game, had a really good one yesterday but i was sliding after L4 so i went conservative and i had so much understeer this race that my arms are in actual pain.

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
I'm so dead, had 38 fever and headache since this morning and driving was a real pain.
Sorry @XxCarrexX06 and @Simo911 for the slight contact in t1, my view on the breaking boards was taken away and i had to guess when to break, let you pass in the corner.
Congrats to @Aressi191 @Ollie_D631 , you both are really really fast and consistent

Quali: Not my best lap considering i did 30.7's constantly, but i'll take it.
Race: Had to save my Ss so much cause i did 2 quali laps and i really noticed the difference. Luckily the softs where better and i had a good fight with @Simo911 , who did an amazing job again
@Ali Kidd

Last edited:
Reactions: Ollie_D631

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
Q: 15, R: 6

Poor quali, lack of practice.

Perfect strategy, pace was fairly decent. Had a nice battle with @Ali Kidd and @XxCarrexX06

Happy with the result, struggled a lot in S3 with the lines but will take a P6!

Alvaro Carreton

Formula Karter
Dec 7, 2017
Not the qualy I wanted to do, but I had again the best race pace, useless if I damage my front wing in T1, so went really slow in the first stint and then i had to repair it. It's really impressive that I only finished 11 sec off the winner and 6 off the podium.

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016
Quali 2nd

Couldn't do decent lap so very happy to qualify 2nd.

Race 1st

Couldn't pass @Alberto_222 at start despite fueling a lot less than planned so backed off and started to wait for right moment and maybe under/overcut but in the end decided to pit on same lap 8 'cause I saw Simo trying to do undercut. After pitstop couldn't pass alberto (brilliant defending) so backed off for while again to wait for right moment. Got very close to him in S2 while we both passed @jake_lfc01 and managed to overtake him in the last corner of S2. Created couple of seconds gap and started to save tyres which worked perfect. Overall fun race with good battle for win. Also really happy for third win in a row and looking forward to my favourite track Suzuka. Hard to believe it's three wins in a row after that disaster first half of season. Congrats to @Ollie_D631 for another podium and to @SynTeTiC96 to get back on podium.