PS4 - Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix [11/02/2017 8:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix [11/02/2017 8:00PM]

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
can not see anything. the theories are 2:
1) did not resume the car as it remained transparent and according to the worst case scenario the game itself did not allow him to take the car as it was the last lap. (It happened to me in the tests with the boys expelled from the session back but does not give me the car).
2) remained without gasoline and became transparent.
I had read that @SolidNinjaSnake also had the video if you could kindly post it if you can understand better.

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
Race Report

Quali: Pole
Had a few close encounters with @Tigerkart_22 on the outlap and first run ;) on my second lap I managed to get it together pulling a mega lap out my arse. Very happy considering I didn't do any practice until 5pm

Race: "Received the L"
Took a while off the start to get into my rythem in the wet. Once I had done a few laps I could quiet comfortably pull out a gap. Pushed for a bit until I realised I would have to make the inters go until the switch onto Drys. Looked after them rather well switched at the right time and then pushed on the softs. Was great fun with @nezehran switching fastest laps. I got the gap to around 3/3.5 seconds and started to wind down the pace on lap 27. Just going into the penultimate corner I told myself don't do anything stupid now... the game then froze. My wheel went bonkers from the force feedback shaking everything. I restarted the ps4 jumped straight into the lobby and pressed recontrol car literally as my AI was crossing the line....

I lost a certain win there. But that's racing on a game made by codemasters. What can i do. Hopefully I'll get 3rd reinstated which would be damage limitation. Onto Japan then....

• Friendly
Reactions: nezehran

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Another **** race when things should be worked out differently..... Why do I bother?

Qualifying: P5

Should have been pole but for screwing my last attempt. 1st lap registered a 1:32.8 which was abysmal but grip wasn't there. Second run netted me P5 (1:31.9) but lost at least seven tenths with not hooking up turns 3 and 5. Nailed them both on my last attempt and was eight tenths up but, what do I do? Cut the corner ever so slightly at the start of S3 which fucks me over. First pole is wanting but getting closer.

Race: DNF

First off..... a big congratulations to Codemasters for their excellence in designing kerbs - I couldn't have crashed without you.

How's that for skills @JohnnyR95? :p

Never raced in a proper wet race on F1 2017 so knew I was in trouble. First two laps were promising and stayed up in P5 (briefly second coming to turn 1 at the start but chickened out on the brakes and get clustered by everyone - crazy nuffin.) and even though @CombiKoermi passed me in the Williams I felt like I was able to stay on good pace, and having a great fight with @TheTubbyNinja was a lot of fun. Lap 7 and everything with the handling and tyres go to **** as I start having overheating issues, and with the Inters up at 70-75% I had no choice but to pit just when the track started drying.

First few laps it looked like a masterstroke, as other cars pitting for dries looked like struggling a great deal as I was making up heaps of time on new Inters, but not enough to make up the deficit necessary to regain my original P5 from earlier, lost too much in the end. Pitted for the dries eventually but even then could have stayed out two more laps to gain more time. Handling was bloody excellent on the softs, and found myself in P10 chasing @DON SILVA's Renault. Could have caught up quicker but for some reason the fuel even on standard was running out a great deal so had to use Lean to put myself in the green which was costing me time.

Got it back and set about going for a final push to catch Don's Renault. But.......

Codemasters fucks me over.

I hit the inside kerb at turn 6 without issue every time during qualifying and the race, yet two laps from the end physics decides that isn't happening this time and as I hit the kerb part, it gives a big kick on the rear right which sends my Mercedes out of control and spearing for the wall on the other side. Points finish R.I.P

Angry is a gross understatement - if I get my Youtube channel sorted out Codies are getting rage videos aplenty haha

Reactions: TheTubbyNinja

TheTubbyNinja

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Another **** race when things should be worked out differently..... Why do I bother?

Qualifying: P5

Should have been pole but for screwing my last attempt. 1st lap registered a 1:32.8 which was abysmal but grip wasn't there. Second run netted me P5 (1:31.9) but lost at least seven tenths with not hooking up turns 3 and 5. Nailed them both on my last attempt and was eight tenths up but, what do I do? Cut the corner ever so slightly at the start of S3 which fucks me over. First pole is wanting but getting closer.

Race: DNF

First off..... a big congratulations to Codemasters for their excellence in designing kerbs - I couldn't have crashed without you.

How's that for skills @JohnnyR95? :p

Never raced in a proper wet race on F1 2017 so knew I was in trouble. First two laps were promising and stayed up in P5 (briefly second coming to turn 1 at the start but chickened out on the brakes and get clustered by everyone - crazy nuffin.) and even though @CombiKoermi passed me in the Williams I felt like I was able to stay on good pace, and having a great fight with @TheTubbyNinja was a lot of fun. Lap 7 and everything with the handling and tyres go to **** as I start having overheating issues, and with the Inters up at 70-75% I had no choice but to pit just when the track started drying.

First few laps it looked like a masterstroke, as other cars pitting for dries looked like struggling a great deal as I was making up heaps of time on new Inters, but not enough to make up the deficit necessary to regain my original P5 from earlier, lost too much in the end. Pitted for the dries eventually but even then could have stayed out two more laps to gain more time. Handling was bloody excellent on the softs, and found myself in P10 chasing @DON SILVA's Renault. Could have caught up quicker but for some reason the fuel even on standard was running out a great deal so had to use Lean to put myself in the green which was costing me time.

Got it back and set about going for a final push to catch Don's Renault. But.......

Codemasters fucks me over.

I hit the inside kerb at turn 6 without issue every time during qualifying and the race, yet two laps from the end physics decides that isn't happening this time and as I hit the kerb part, it gives a big kick on the rear right which sends my Mercedes out of control and spearing for the wall on the other side. Points finish R.I.P

Angry is a gross understatement - if I get my Youtube channel sorted out Codies are getting rage videos aplenty haha
We had a fun little battle. Found it particularly fun when you made a mistake and then dropped miles behind me, and behind a couple cars, then a lap later I made the same mistake and was back behind you. Couldn't help but think "oh come on not this guy again"

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
First of all, sorry to see how unlucky you were tonight @MattDavies2511. I know how it feels to get a win taken from you right at the end of a race when you didn't do anything wrong. =(
Secondly, did everyone get the fastest lap in that race?! It bloody felt like it haha!
Last but not least, just wanted to quickly mention about my cat, who sadly passed away in the early hours of this morning. (Sunday morning)
So I'm dedicating my 2nd place result to her. :cat: (How appropriate that I found this site has a cat emoticon too! Haha.=))

Anyway, here's my race report:

Qualifying
Couldn't make my mind up these last few days regarding strategy, until a bit before the race where I actually planned to go Soft then Medium. Would have been interesting to see how it would have worked out! Alas, it wasn't to be, as I saw there would be rain at the start of the race, so I just went for it on the Super Softs.

The first lap wasn't great, went straight for another where I was 4 tenths up until I ran out wide at the penultimate corner of T14. Didn't improve and carried on again for a lap where again I was 4 tenths up but noticed the 5 minute warning. I decided to be safe and cancelled the lap to put some fresh tyres on. So I basically wasted a lot of time haha.

No idea how I was doing on my third lap with the timer not telling me, but it was pretty decent to put me P3 and 2 tenths behind pole. I made the line with 3 seconds to spare and decided to go for one last run, finally finishing qualifying with a last tenth improvement to get me a 1:31.785, putting me in 3rd place. Where I was now 3 tenths off pole. Nice job @MattDavies2511.

Race
5 seconds into the race, @nezehran unfortunately lights his rears up and swerves into my path. I couldn't react in time and hit him, resulting in a damaged wing. I thought my race was over there after looking forward to it all week. (Or I was in dry conditions anyway haha.)
To my surprise though, I was actually able to somewhat keep up, even with the damage! So it would have been interesting to see if I could have done anything without the damage. They did eventually start to pull away little by little but I didn't end up alone, as @KaneIyanda certainly made sure of that haha. I was lucky to be able to keep him behind me, or maybe he was just biding his time, but I felt fairly sure that I was probably holding him up haha. (Sorry. :joyful:)
I saw the tyres would be gone after Lap 14 so I knew I had to come in and make a choice about tyres, which I opted for the Mediums. Lap 14 was also probably KaneIyanda's best chance to pass me as he was literally right behind me going into the last corner but luckily for me, he ended up following me into the pits. He came out ahead of me due to having to change the front wing though.

The conditions weren't as bad as I was expecting and I was able to somewhat control the car. I was able to close down the 5 second gap to @KaneIyanda before catching him at T9 where I watched him lose the rear and nearly head off the track, giving me the chance to quickly pounce and pass him. He pitted on the same lap too so I'm not sure if he got damage somewhere on that lap? Or just went back to Inters? Not sure.

After this, it was all about trying to close down @nezehran, in which long story short, I couldn't. The gap was pretty much rock solid in the low 9 seconds, both of us lapping within a tenth of each other. Then the drama at the end...
Lap 26 I finally am able to start closing him down as I watch the gap get smaller but to my surprise, all of a sudden he's leading the race! I then see the gap quickly closing to @MattDavies2511 and I was thinking he must have damage or an issue with his tyres, but as I finally catch up to him, I see he's not controlling the car! As it turns out his game froze which is incredibly unlucky, really sorry you had that happen to you! =(
However, his misfortune gave me the opportunity to pass and take 2nd just before the last corner to claim 2nd place.

So I guess I can't complain about 2nd, but who knows how different it could have been without the damage or a different tyre choice. I was able to maintain the gap to those ahead on Softs while I was on Mediums, so one would assume I would be able to slowly gain on them if I was on the same tyre? Who knows. I am still somewhat disappointed about the race though as well but I dunno. Congrats to @nezehran on the win! As well as @MattDavies2511 for another great performance, regardless of whether he ends up with 3rd or not. =(

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
His car was ghosted. I don't think he was in control
Agreed, I don't think I was able to take control of the car in time.... RIP

Edit: I might as well take the 10th place, I don't have any evidence to back myself up, as well as @nezehran having his footage being inconclusive. No point wasting any more time on it. Onto Japan (y):)

Last edited:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Agreed, I don't think I was able to take control of the car in time.... RIP

Edit: I might as well take the 10th place, I don't have any evidence to back myself up, as well as @nezehran having his footage being inconclusive. No point wasting any more time on it. Onto Japan (y):)
If it's any consolation, you'll still get a point

• Agree
Reactions: MattDavies2511

nezehran

F1 Test Driver
Oct 2, 2017
Q: 2nd
Mr @MattDavies2511 keeps beating me in qualifying by less then 2 tenths this track to :p and once again i did my PB the session before the official session ;D and that lap would have given me pole i think ^^

But really happy with qualifying once again top 2 in my second F4 race :)

Race: 1th

Nervous start but I had confidence in my wet pace but i did something that i never do and bottled my start hahaha. havent bottled a start since bahrain i think xD
But fought back and then the gap between me and @MattDavies2511 was more or less 1 - 2 second the whole first stint. In the dry we fought over who would have the fastest lap and i closed the gap a little bit in the begining but i fueld up to little and couldnt push in the end. To bad that @MattDavies2511 DC and couldnt get the win, but im still happy with getting my first win in F4 on my second race in your tier :D