PC - Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix [03/02/19 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix [03/02/19 8:00pm]

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
I'm pretty convinced the game freezes are due to networking issues, I'll explain why.

Basically, I have had virtually no issues with screen freezes since switching to DX12. However, I was playing TT and got the 'Connection to the server was lost. Laptimes will not be uploaded....' (not the exact wording, but the gist. I don't normally record TT).

At the instant the message appeared (twice in a relatively short session), the game glitched (dropped frames) noticeably. This should not occur, especially with Freesync.

Whatever the game engine does, it does worse under DX11. I know this is all anecdotal, but it was painfully noticeable.

I thought this weekends lobby was generally quite stable, with only one minor occurrence of lag teleportation. @Billamy glitched hard on the formation lap briefly at the start as I recall.
For me personally I believe it is strictly engine related. I do a decent amount of TT per week and never got the lost connection message, however there would still be the random frame spikes. I have been lucky up until this week to not receive any while in the race, unfortunately that changed and under no circumstances should it be happening when I have an RTX 2070SC and a ryzen 7 1700X. Codies still can't get it right.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Think I only had 1 screen freeze in the race, since I messed around with all my settings after Canada I only get 1 or 2 per race now rather then 1 or 2 per lap like I did at the start of the season and I still use DX11 I tried DX12 and it was terrible I was getting freezes for 5 seconds at a time.

You did have a bit of lag on lap 1 on my screen and the spectator cam your pushing me down the straight before turn 7 yet on your screen there's no contact
Can only stress @Billamy that you don't play on WiFi (if you do), Ethernet is king. If the PC is not possible to be fed by an Ethernet cable (and they can be up to 100M long) use Homeplugs (a basic set can be had for £20-25€). Provided there are no strange or badly wired mains connections they should work perfectly (keep them away from (phone)chargers and plug them directly into a wall socket, never extension leads, especially surge protected ones).

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Can only stress @Billamy that you don't play on WiFi (if you do), Ethernet is king. If the PC is not possible to be fed by an Ethernet cable (and they can be up to 100M long) use Homeplugs (a basic set can be had for £20-25€). Provided there are no strange or badly wired mains connections they should work perfectly (keep them away from (phone)chargers and plug them directly into a wall socket, never extension leads, especially surge protected ones).
I am using ethernet though. I don't know what it is, I never got any complaints over in F10 where I used to be and the game ran without any lag or freezing for me. If it keeps up let me know and I'll try to change some settings on my router or ISP

Reactions: Steve Jackson

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I am using ethernet though. I don't know what it is, I never got any complaints over in F10 where I used to be and the game ran without any lag or freezing for me. If it keeps up let me know and I'll try to change some settings on my router or ISP
For some people setting a static IP or longer DHCP leases works. But that usually causes/cures DSC rather than lag.