PC - Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix [03/02/2019 8:00pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix [03/02/2019 8:00pm UK]

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @NonRunner
- @ChroMatk
- @Slickk (most likely)
- @ManuelBiancolilla
- @Vitto

Last edited:

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
@F.Donoso should be back for this one, he is our main host. I would be the reserve host.

Make sure you have "Fabrizio Donoso" and "CRG Jan Fehler" added to your friends list in steam in order to be invited to the lobby :)

Reactions: allflattious

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
So I was about to do some practice, but upon trying to set up my wheel I discovered that the clamp used to tighten the wheel to my desk is broken and doesn't tighten properly anymore (this is probably further exaggerated by my desk having developped a crack and bending in the middle).

I'll update if I can come up with a fix, but even if I manage that, I was going to miss next week's race and potentially the one after due to "spring" holidays, so this is already pretty much the final nail in the coffin for my season.

• Informative
Reactions: Fehler3

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Christ alive Nick, that was fast. But yes, I am back in the box tonight @Fehler3 @F.Donoso , no Hamish tonight

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
To explain why we restarted the lobby tonight:

@Daniele Haddad informed me right before the race that he was desynced with @Alvaro Carreton . I judged that absolutely nothing was influenced in a bad or unfair way when restarting the race as everyone was about to start on fresh tyres anyway.

We set the weather to dry for the race then as this was the forecast for the race during qualifying. Don't confuse this with restarting qualifying as that is a complete reset of the whole event, hence why we stick with dynamic weather settings then. Today we only restarted the race after finishing qualifying.

I realize that usually we can't restart the lobby because of this as it was noticed too late (which is why we didn't react to this in previous races when this happened). However, as I said, in this case it was very easy to set up the race exactly the way as it was originally going to go as we had dry weather predicted for the entire race and everyone started on fresh tyres. This is why I felt like it is the best thing to restart the race to give @Daniele Haddad and @Alvaro Carreton and everyone else a race without desync problems.

Thank you for your patience and well done to everyone as the new race lobby was underway kinda quickly (grid editor takes some time of course - good job @F.Donoso !)

@Railgone @Vitto @Marek @ChroMatk @ManuelBiancolilla @TheReal_Mads @F.Donoso @Alvaro Carreton @Ycoms @Smash @NonRunner @G3RRX @Daniele Haddad @David Tonizza @Foton @Timp @IsaacPrice99 @Bereznay Dani @Slickk @Veloce Jaaames @King-kodiak

Also: Daniele provided video footage to prove what he said. If anyone wishes to see it, let me know.

Reactions: F.Donoso and G3RRX

Alvaro Carreton

Formula Karter
Dec 7, 2017
Yes Fehler, I was going to say something before qualifying, but finally I didn't. Thanks to Daniele. It was the right decision.

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
@Alvaro Carreton don't be afraid to tell me immediately when you see something wrong. I believe it was @Smash who told me before the second race lobby that the menu showed desync between him and @Marek , so they both left the lobby and joined back in before we started to sort it out. I never saw the indicator for that but I've heard this before a couple of times.

I'd rather start qualifying 5 minutes later than seeing drivers having to deal with desync.