PS4 - Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix - [03/02/2019 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix - [03/02/2019 8PM UK]

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Thomas_Scibilia
- @RC Sam14
- @Simone Iamotti

Sean FAP Belkom

S16 AOR PS4 F2 Champion
Jul 4, 2018
Singapore:
டயர் டெம்ப்ஸ் மற்றும் சில fw கொல்லப்பட்டிருக்கும் கிராண்ட் பிரிக்ஸ், இந்த உண்மையில் எதிர்பார்த்து

Simone Iamotti

Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2018
Hi guys, unfortunately yesterday my steering wheel is blown up, so i will not be able to replace anyone :/

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
Singapore Sting

Qualifying Position: 5th
Finishing Position: 5th

What was expected to be one of my worst tracks of the season, the end result is easily one of the best I've had relative to my expectations. Keeping it clean was basically my only objective and the solid points are a very welcome bonus from a rather entertaining race.

It's probably fair to say that we all got tricked one way or the other in qualifying. The rain came in much sooner than expected which meant that it was basically one-shot qualifying. P5 with a 1.34.2 was a fairly respectable position to be in with a decent lap although I knew there were much faster drivers behind me in the starting grid.

For the race, I promised myself to not get involved in incidents and not try to block people because the potential for disaster in Singapore is pretty high. I lost a position in the start but wasn't really bothered about it. After that, I concentrated on minding my business on the Hypersofts for a few laps before the eventual pit stops while simultaneously laughing at the interesting "affair" that the Renault of @Kiiski123 and the Haas of @VP_DamnDqniel were having caused by desync.

In the pits, I managed to jump @leefindlay04 although it must be said that he got unlucky by being held up. I was back up to net P5 and managed to find a rhythm pretty quickly on the Softs. Lee was definitely faster than me but I think he unfortunately hit my rear end and got front wing damage which ruined his race (among other things).

This meant I could create a small gap to those behind me. I was very pleased with my ability to manage my tyres throughout the race and everyone knows that isn't exactly simple on the pad in Singapore. Soon enough, @VP_DamnDqniel caught up to me and he clearly had more pace than me so I left him through without putting up a fight.

After that, it was @Sean FAP Belkom's turn to have a go at me. Again, no point in challenging faster drivers. At this point I was not entirely sure whether I'd finish in the points or not because my pace was not good enough even though I was driving quite well.

@doordos_1150, who had started the race well, began visibly struggling with his tyres and he was getting swarmed by drivers behind him. Maybe it was inevitable that the hopes of a nation crashed and burned in sector 2 when Dawidos eventually lost control of his Ferrari and binned it to the wall.

The action didn't stop there as @Sean FAP Belkom and @VP_DamnDqniel had a feisty battle in front of me with Daniel defending for his life with a damaged car. I have to admit, I was expecting fireworks and thus I tried to maintain a respectable gap to them. Eventually it was too much for Daniel and he crashed out in spectacular fashion in sector 2 where the old Singapore Sling used to be. Daniel's car was sideways in the middle of the road and I had to slam the brakes to allow the game to ghost his car. Even then, I was very lucky to survive that situation with no damage.

Same couldn't be said for @McGrady-I however, who unfortunately had no time to react when I slammed the brakes and most likely broke his front wing on my rear end. Apologies for that but I really couldn't do much else.

Fortunately, this was my last proper on-track involvement. While @Vettel_Racer_5 and @Junddu got the better of me due to their strategy, I was very happy to finish P6 on track and P5 due to Sean's 9 seconds worth of time penalties.

Hopefully this begins a run of good form as I had had a few terrible races before Singapore. The battle for P3 in the championship is very much back on and it'll interesting to see how it goes in the latter part of the season.

Congrats to the winners and especially my Finnish compatriot @Kiiski123 who showed solid pace and flawless racecraft throughout the race.

Russia is next before we head for another small break so I'm certainly looking forward to it. See ya there

Reactions: Casper24-F1