PS4 - Round 15 Singapore Grand Prix [05/02/2017 20:00] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 15 Singapore Grand Prix [05/02/2017 20:00]

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
What a freaking race !!

Q(4th)
My lap was pretty good , but i did a little mistake in the last corner and that costed me P2, still a very good quali considering i went with not much confidence into this

R(1st)
I had a good start to this race and i felt very good in the car, i was alittle bit faster then @Jthorn97 and wanted to overtake him, but i ripped off my Front Wing on him and therefore i had to commit to a 2 stop strategy. I came in L6 and L7 the safety Car came in. While i was pissed off bc i was in P14 at the back, the SS starters staying out Helped me a lot, as the field stayed bunched up.

I was slowly progressing through the field, doing overtakes when needed and backing off aswell. I wanted to finish the Race on my SS tyres, I progressed from P14 to P8 and was right behind Cian and Aressi, when the 2nd SC came out and i did a worldy call to go onto the ultras, as i had very good tyre wear and i was much quicker then all cars around me. When i saw @JIM-NervoTank heading into the pits i thought to back off a bit and take as many points as possible. I was driving behind @BigC_019 then and with Cian and Aressi battleing for the lead i thought to save the tyres, ride along and see how the battles work out and oh boy, they worked out perfectly for me.

At first thorn and @BigshotP1ayerGR went off and then when i cleared BigC also cian and Aressi and suddenly i was from P18 at one point in the lead. I had a 5sec penalty bc of illegal overtaking when Bigshot spun out and i thought to buold a gap in case my footage corrupts^^ I made the 5 second gap quite quick and from then on i cruised to the most lucky victory in AOR history :D

In terms of the Championchip: whenever i got close to Nervo, i had bad luck, so i am still looking from race to race and we will see what will happen till Abu Dhabi :D

EDIT: big congrats to @BigC_019 fir a fantastic race with no mistakes at all and also to @clarky_110 for a deserved podium

Reactions: BigC_019

clarky_110

F1 1st Driver
Jun 7, 2015
What a strange race!
Q p6
R p3

Struggled at the start of the race as I didnt do any race practice so ended up loosing front wing which made me so slow, told my team to change front wing at pit stop but didn't for some reason, was in like 12th after 2 safety car in which I lost my front wing again on the restart which was so annoying. Then just tried to keep it as clean as possible for the last 10 laps Becos I new cars wud be battling ahead and also banking on some penalties. Paid off and jumped from p6 to p3

Ali Kidd

F1 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Mar 26, 2016
Qualifying: 10th
Bottled it. Rain ruined my chance to improve, worst starting position possible for the race

Race: DSC
Drove the formation lap and disconnected. With all the carnage that happened at the front and the mix ups with the SC I feel I could've got a good result, but no. Again something completely out of my hands ruins my race...

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
Qualy: 7th
Set a nice banker lap but unfortunately proceeded to bottle the other attempts.

Race: DNF

Just tried to keep the nose clean at the start. Overtook Clarky a couple of laps later. Pit for SS under the SC. Intense battling followed as we made our way past cars like BigC, Dan and Demon who had stayed out. I decided not to pit for the second SC and took the lead. Controlled the restart well, but fell right back into danger when I mistook Nervo pitting for a launched move at the final corner. Defended hard for a few laps, before 6 laps from the end and dreams I had of winning the races were smashed but what looks like a lag-caused incident with Aressi. Absolutely sickened.

Strategy:

US (qualy)
SS

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
Qualifying: 12th, Race: 2nd (SS - S) Both tyres were fresh.

What a fantastic race. Qualifying was pretty reasonable, was miles off my racing line times but isn't that always the case!

However, P12 was a good place to start, I was ahead of the usual people I battle with so was content with it.

Made a nice move on @DemoN F1 and pulled away. I was driving quite poorly but then the SC came out which meant I took the lead of the race.

From then on, it was a very defensive drive. Nervo and Thorn were too fast and I couldn't defend them. I was hard but on the limit with @BigshotP1ayerGR and had a good fight with @alexukr who eventually got past me.

I was debating whether to go for US for the second SC period but thought it would be slightly risky. I struggled a lot, the softs were really bad but I managed to keep out of trouble, battle people hard but fair and kept it on the circuit. @Sean B and @iSuperScrub pressured me a lot during the latter part and were a good bit quicker than me but thankfully they remained behind.

Was annoyed to get a corner cutting penalty but in the end it did not matter and I picked up my first ever AOR podium. It was very unexpected, but I was pleased to have driven cleanly, battled people with respect and there was no tyre glitch to exploit.;) All in all, very happy. Mad race.

BigshotP1ayerGR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying: 12th, Race: 2nd (SS - S) Both tyres were fresh.

What a fantastic race. Qualifying was pretty reasonable, was miles off my racing line times but isn't that always the case!

However, P12 was a good place to start, I was ahead of the usual people I battle with so was content with it.

Made a nice move on @DemoN F1 and pulled away. I was driving quite poorly but then the SC came out which meant I took the lead of the race.

From then on, it was a very defensive drive. Nervo and Thorn were too fast and I couldn't defend them. I was hard but on the limit with @BigshotP1ayerGR and had a good fight with @alexukr who eventually got past me.

I was debating whether to go for US for the second SC period but thought it would be slightly risky. I struggled a lot, the softs were really bad but I managed to keep out of trouble, battle people hard but fair and kept it on the circuit. @Sean B and @iSuperScrub pressured me a lot during the latter part and were a good bit quicker than me but thankfully they remained behind.

Was annoyed to get a corner cutting penalty but in the end it did not matter and I picked up my first ever AOR podium. It was very unexpected, but I was pleased to have driven cleanly, battled people with respect and there was no tyre glitch to exploit.;) All in all, very happy. Mad race.
You were more than just defensive on me when i tried to overtake you in the first drs zone on lap 14.At least from my perspective i lost a place but fortunately it didnt turn into an accident..

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
You were more than just defensive on me when i tried to overtake you in the first drs zone on lap 14.At least from my perspective i lost a place but fortunately it didnt turn into an accident..
It was hard racing but yes, you got through in the end.

I haven't been involved in any incidents really this season other than Australia with @RBOS_00 so it's no surprise to me it ended fine.

---

My highlights

I will attempt to upload my full race, as I have done well, I want to be visible in the highlights xD

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
could you remind me what this was? Unless you were the car that ran wide and rejoined on the track dangerously on lap 23, but I think that was nummer or mazais
Yes that was me. I went to overtake into T1 but ran wide and rejoined. Neither of us had footage though lmao

• Informative
Reactions: RBOS_00

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
can someone send me the results for both quali and the race from 12th down. need those to finish the standings

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
So with @BigC_019's podium, 15 different drivers have stood on the podium this season.

Also @BigshotP1ayerGR was the 6th different pole sitter this season.

We've had 5 different winners, with 4 of them having more than one.

The balance in this league is actually incredible. 2nd to 4th in the Constructors is separated by 8 points, and the worst team will likely have more than 60 points. Should be an exciting finish to the season with so many battles going on, with the big one obviously being between Nervo and Alex.

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Qualifying - 22nd

Probably worst qualifying iv'e ever done in a racing league, some through me own fault and some through other drivers. First attempt @JIM-NervoTank held me up through turn 2, then on my next lap i got a invalid lap for running over the white line on the entrance to the hairpin.

3rd attempt i cut turn 7, and on the last run i was on for a mid 40 and it rained in the last sector, through the final chicane the tires spun up and i crashed into the wall......

Race - 4th (7th) US - SS

So i knew i had to make progress quick on the start and by the end of lap 1 i was up to 16th. On the next lap i made a nice move on @nummer92 into the hairpin, narrowly missing his car, but i managed to overtake him into the next corner.

Lap 3 and @F1_Dan was making a move on @NBAroubin into turn 6 so i braked late and managed to follow him around the outside, but @NBAroubin lost the back end on the apex and his rear end hit mine, making me spin 360 degrees and rejoin back in last place. Lap 4 i managed to pass @Jonas-NHK into turn 13, thanks to him running wide.

Start of lap 6 i had caught back up to @NBAroubin and overtook him into turn 1 and i was now 15th. But mid-way through the lap the safety car came out and i changed from a 2 stop strategy to a 1 and stayed out on my half worn ultra softs.

When the safety car came in on lap 10 i narrowely missed @nummer92 spin as i almost followed him through the last corner, and down into turn 6 @JIM-NervoTank passed me with his fresh SS. Lap 11 @BigshotP1ayerGR passed me into turn 6 aswell and now i knew i had to pit for SS.

When i pitted i was around 15 seconds behind the next car and was taking it quite easy and was catching everyone ahead, but on lap 16 the safety car came out again and where it came out on track compared to everyone else, i lost maybe 3 or 4 positions and was 7th on the SC restart, which IMO was way too slow as i almost slammed into @BigC_019 under the tunnel.

First lap after the restart @alexukr passed me with his US, which i didn't think would be consistent through till the end but it eventually was, and i was then stuck behind @BigC_019 . Lap 22 and @Jthorn97 and @BigshotP1ayerGR crashed out of turn 4 and i was now P5! Lap 24 and i had a good run out of the last corner and tried a move on @BigC_019 intot turn 1 and i didn't really expect him to turn in, but he did and somehow i managed not to spin the car and remained P5. But later in the lap @CianG-4 and @Aressi191 crashed through turn 6 and i was now 3rd, from 22nd!

The next lap i tried another move on a @BigC_019 and i tried putting it up the inside, then last minute again i had to avoid him and through turn 7 i passed 2 or 3 cars around the outside to keep 3rd, i couldn't believe it.

The last lap and i had managed to catch @BigC_019 back up again and i held off into turn 1, but he had a poor line through the corner and i tried a move around the outside which put me offline, and into the next corner @RBOS_00 passed me, even though he ran me out seriously wide nearly putting me in the wall, and that's the way it finished.

The penaltys cost me 3rd in the end as i got one through avoiding a spinning car on lap 14 and then another with 2 laps to go when i crossed the white line on the entrance to the hairpin, but it was still points from last.

I've really enjoyed the first 2 races with you guys and it is alot harder than PCars to get use to through shifting early etc. But i hope to race next season with you guys.

Well done to @alexukr on a clever win in the end and well done to @BigC_019 for holding me off and @clarky_110 on your 2nd podium, well done boyo!

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
@iSuperScrub It was a good fight - I don't even remember you sending it up in the inside into T1, will need to take a look of the footage again.

EDIT: Just seen your footage - yeah it was more dramatic than I realised. Sorry about that xD

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
@iSuperScrub It was a good fight - I don't even remember you sending it up in the inside into T1, will need to take a look of the footage again.

EDIT: Just seen your footage - yeah it was more dramatic than I realised. Sorry about that xD
No biggie in the end, but i don't wanna affect any of you who are full time drivers. Plus idc about penalty's been removed so i'm happy with 7th from last.

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
Quali 9th

Meh - I suck at quali but at least I went sub 41

Race 8th

So, passed @RBOS_00 my "rival" lap one which just made me not racing since Spain totally worth it, then started edging my way through up to 6th by the safety car. Managed to jump @Aressi191 and @CianG-4 in the stop putting me a net 4th excluding those who stayed out. Awesome.

Started making moves again, passing @Jthorn97 with a fairly audacious move turn 2/3, only to be passed the following lap after braking early to avoid @BigshotP1ayerGR. Progressed further through the guys who hadn't stopped before @BigC_019 broke earlier than i expected leaving me with a broken front wing. Forced a stop 3 laps earlier than I wanted and to boot the safety car came out the next lap.

All of a sudden I found myself in 14th from 4th, disaster.

Taking my 2nd SS set I started picking my way through, aided by some carnage but felt really quick having run less downforce than others giving me easy moves. Having passed @RBOS_00 for the second time I was squeezed a bit by @iSuperScrub in a 50/50 decision dropping me back behind @RBOS_00 and @NBAroubin. Then having got back by again and into third I started running down @BigC_019 only to pull off a rookie move leaving me with another damaged wing and taking away any shot at a win. Sat in 8th I had to defend the last 3 laps against @JIM-NervoTank and @Jonas-NHK

All in all, crazy race

Strategy US SS SS