PC - Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix [08/12/2019 - 08:00pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix [08/12/2019 - 08:00pm UK]

HaiCo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 8th December 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Naizen
- @MS Ádám

Last edited:
  • Burn
Reactions: MrPeaceTyp

xDerpOG

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jun 17, 2016
I had a pretty good setup, the car felt solid throughout the weekend. In qualy I made a few mistakes on my first couple laps but the final one I really went for it and the car felt glued to the road.

The race went relatively well. I made one critical mistake that possibly cost other people so sorry if it affected you. On lap 5 (i think) out of the penultimate corner my rears were overheating and there were a few cars right behind me, I was struggling to put any power down and a few people passed me on the left but I was trying to pit. Looking back I probably should have just stayed out an extra lap but I tried to get to the inside and ended up getting spun across the final corner. I wasn't past the pit entry so I spun back around across the curb to enter the pits. My 2nd stint went pretty smoothly until I hit the outside wall on the exit of the penultimate corner and decided to box for a new front wing, knowing I could make it to the end on another set of mediums. Unfortunately I didn't set the change front wing setting to yes before the pit entry and the team just changed the tires. I was angry at first but after a few corners I didn't actually notice and pace lost, maybe it was just due to fresh tires but the car felt solid. From there it was pretty much a battle with @chimera until the end.

Congrats @HaiCo on the victory, @TRL_graveltrap and @Tudor900 on the podiums.

Tudor900

Formula Karter
Jun 23, 2018
Damn you @HaiCo, another race lost because i cant defend good. I was pretty fast in qualifying, dont know where the pace came from. Race was goodish. I was stuck for a few laps behind @xDerpOG. Than it came the hard stint. I just had too much downforce compared to haico. The in the final lap, boom, smashed my front wing. @TRLbanter overtook me on the line. There goes another 3 point. Anyhow, good battles with everyone and congrats to all of you who finished. See you next week in Mother Russia.

Reactions: xDerpOG

HaiCo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Wow did not expect to take the win here, at all.

All week I saw @Tudor900 disappear over the horizon during practice sessions. Even in the practice session a few hours before the actual race I wasn't near the pace I wanted to be.

Then came the qualifying session and during my lap on the hards I made a mistake costing me a few tenths, but I was surprised by the time I managed to drive. On the mediums I managed to drive P2 before being sent to P4 in the final 30 seconds. I matched my fastest quali time I drove on Wednesday, so that was decent.

The race, what to say.... I had a good start, but couldn't overtake due to the tight first couple of corners. Was then behind @TheAPlegends who I unfortunately hit in the second lap of the race. I am very sorry for hitting him, I tried my best to slow down enough but unfortunately didn't manage. I wanted to give back the position and went off the line on the next small straight (visible on my stream) but another driver had overtaken him. I then continued and chased down the two drivers in front of me. After a couple of laps I could overtake @xDerpOG due to being on the faster tyre compound at that point. @Tudor900 I couldn't pass so quick, had to be very patient till after the pitstops and first wanted to stay behind him. But then I saw @TRL_graveltrap coming closer and closer, so I had to pick my moment. After I managed to pass @Tudor900 the one thing I still had to do was safe enough ERS in the third sector for the long straights and make sure I didn't get a penalty.

A great result, but not in a very satisfying way - knowing I compromised @TheAPlegends's race at the beginning.