PS4 - Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix - [08/12/2019 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix - [08/12/2019 8PM UK]

Driver of the day.

• Rali 16 - Pole to 1st

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • ThomasBrxwn - 5th to 2nd

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Beck - 3rd to 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robkite - 4th to 4th (NO PENALTIES OR WARNINGS!)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
QUALI P7 - RACE P5

Made a big mistake under fuelling the car by 1.5 laps and had to run in lean for most of the first stint. This hindered me quite a bit and found myself stuck behind @MJ7 for 5 laps until he pitted which allowed @RobKite to pull a 6 sec gap. From then on it was a lonely race, @alexP looked like he was going to keep me honest as he had caught me at the end of the first stint, but he lost it early on on the Hards and that was me all by myself. Quite a big gap to @Nick-1054 behind and a 8 sec gap to @RobKite in front. Then towards the end of the race @RobKite got a damaged wing and I managed to reel him and pass him on the final lap. Obviously the pressure had got to him! P4 on track but down to P5 due to a 3 sec penalty. Well done to @Rali 16 on the win and @Thomasbrxwn @Beck for rounding out the podium. Onto Russia.

RobKite

AOR PS4 Ginetta GT5 S1 - Tier 2 Champion & F1 Cod
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 10, 2017
Q - 4th - After a bit of sweating at this track and in the 11th hour , changed my setup and finally found traction and stability to beat @Thomasbrxwn TT time! it looked like this might actually be a good race. Originally losing about 1 second a lap and finding the back end sliding around, with this setup, I could fight for a top 5. Went out on Hards and put in a few bankers to see what it felt like. Then popped on the mediums and put about 3 laps of fuel in. Invalidated the 2nd lap, so turned it all down to get one more flying lap in. Crossed the line with 20seconds remaining to see where I could be placed. Finished qualifying 0.039 seconds ahead of Thom!

R - 4th. Starting in 4th with @LM00055 and @Beck in front , tried to warm the tires as much as I could in the formation lap. At the start, LM got a bit twitchy and I was forced to lift, which allowed Thom to get by. A little wiggle at the end of the first lap allowed @Limaro_83 to get a little side by side, but BRAVELY gave him space on the inside and kept my foot down round the last two corners to keep him behind!.. After the initial pits, ended back in 7th and was closing the gap to Thom, a few mistakes by some allowed me to move up, and with some kind of coming together with @xMartini93Z and Thom, I had to nearly stop as xmartini reversed onto the racing line, thankfully ghosting as he reversed into my car, but ruining @MJ7 race with front wing damage. Caught @Nick-1054 but with SERIOUS LAG found it difficult to get past, At one point I overtook and he ghosted through me to get back in front!. Final 12 laps and I had little pitch towards the wall and Took a small piece of wing off. This resulted in understeer... Not what you want on a Street circuit. and Limaro closed in. On the Final lap he got me but knowing he had a 3 second penalty, I got back into 4th place on the results table.

Not my favourite track and with the stupid safety car not coming out considering the issues people had I'm surprised there wasn't at least one S/C, I think the racing would have been a lot closer. Lets hope the we keep the grid numbers up, and remember, you don't have to be in a title contention to still enjoy close racing.

Reactions: Limaro_83

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Q - 4th - After a bit of sweating at this track and in the 11th hour , changed my setup and finally found traction and stability to beat @Thomasbrxwn TT time! it looked like this might actually be a good race. Originally losing about 1 second a lap and finding the back end sliding around, with this setup, I could fight for a top 5. Went out on Hards and put in a few bankers to see what it felt like. Then popped on the mediums and put about 3 laps of fuel in. Invalidated the 2nd lap, so turned it all down to get one more flying lap in. Crossed the line with 20seconds remaining to see where I could be placed. Finished qualifying 0.039 seconds ahead of Thom!

R - 4th. Starting in 4th with @LM00055 and @Beck in front , tried to warm the tires as much as I could in the formation lap. At the start, LM got a bit twitchy and I was forced to lift, which allowed Thom to get by. A little wiggle at the end of the first lap allowed @Limaro_83 to get a little side by side, but BRAVELY gave him space on the inside and kept my foot down round the last two corners to keep him behind!.. After the initial pits, ended back in 7th and was closing the gap to Thom, a few mistakes by some allowed me to move up, and with some kind of coming together with @xMartini93Z and Thom, I had to nearly stop as xmartini reversed onto the racing line, thankfully ghosting as he reversed into my car, but ruining @MJ7 race with front wing damage. Caught @Nick-1054 but with SERIOUS LAG found it difficult to get past, At one point I overtook and he ghosted through me to get back in front!. Final 12 laps and I had little pitch towards the wall and Took a small piece of wing off. This resulted in understeer... Not what you want on a Street circuit. and Limaro closed in. On the Final lap he got me but knowing he had a 3 second penalty, I got back into 4th place on the results table.

Not my favourite track and with the stupid safety car not coming out considering the issues people had I'm surprised there wasn't at least one S/C, I think the racing would have been a lot closer. Lets hope the we keep the grid numbers up, and remember, you don't have to be in a title contention to still enjoy close racing.

True, you don't have to be in a title contention but some genuine pace would be nice plus not having people cut up your nose every time you actually try to defend your position. Got spun out twice by this in this race and barely kept straight when you lot passed my damage car after the pit stops.

• What?
Reactions: RobKite

Thomasbrxwn

S13 AOR PS4 Assist Champion
Apr 4, 2017
True, you don't have to be in a title contention but some genuine pace would be nice plus not having people cut up your nose every time you actually try to defend your position. Got spun out twice by this in this race and barely kept straight when you lot passed my damage car after the pit stops.
you should worry about spacial awareness while you’re at it

• Wow

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
you should worry about spacial awareness while you’re at it
Hey, spacial awareness is an issue other drivers have, frankly I leave too much space. They keep expecting I can just fully turn the wheel to bail out which is what the pad doesn't allow you to do.

xMartini93Z

Pro Karter
Jul 19, 2019
Q: p11, messed up my lap on the mediums

R: Had a great start and jumped immediately to p8, but missed some breaking points in the first lap and was p13 after Lap 1. Just kept my pace and I could have been a lot faster but barely could get the fast right corner into the DRS zone right. So I was stuck way too long behing @Nick-1054 who at some point started lagging. Around lap 13 @Mcquiz95 was losing a lot of pace and @Nick-1054 and me were about to overtake him. My exit of the fast right turn was amazing and overtook both of them. But i got hit and almost kicked out of the race despite being clearly at the front. As @Mcquiz95 mentioned, something went totally wrong there. I have really no problem if you wanna fight in the braking zone. But if you have someone behind you who can go a lot faster, dont pick a hopeless fight (p.s. i am on the pad as well) So @Nick-1054 got through, I somehow kept the car safe and @Mcquiz95 lost the car.

Then i had the incident with @Thomasbrxwn. I was right behind Nick and tried to get those corners as clean as possible. But somehow Thomas touched me and my Frontwing got destroyed. My car rolled back and when i saw @RobKite i instantly tried to ghost the car. Sry if my car messed up someones frontwing in this accident.

Now in general, some guys really need to pay attention while driving behind someone else. Am I really that bad of driver or can someone explain me how i got bumped at least 5 different times. Its not the first race i got kicked out of the race or suffered a broken wing this season. I certainly do mistakes as well, but it really gets on my nerves if i get kicked out of the race and the other guy doesnt even apologise (and still ends up on the podium). Therefore a big shoutout to @Thomasbrxwn who was the first one this season to apologise.
I dont send those incidents to the stewards because in most cases wouldnt help my position anyway. But i really recommend some guys with RL or whatever to memorize some important braking points.

Thomasbrxwn

S13 AOR PS4 Assist Champion
Apr 4, 2017
Q: p11, messed up my lap on the mediums

R: Had a great start and jumped immediately to p8, but missed some breaking points in the first lap and was p13 after Lap 1. Just kept my pace and I could have been a lot faster but barely could get the fast right corner into the DRS zone right. So I was stuck way too long behing @Nick-1054 who at some point started lagging. Around lap 13 @Mcquiz95 was losing a lot of pace and @Nick-1054 and me were about to overtake him. My exit of the fast right turn was amazing and overtook both of them. But i got hit and almost kicked out of the race despite being clearly at the front. As @Mcquiz95 mentioned, something went totally wrong there. I have really no problem if you wanna fight in the braking zone. But if you have someone behind you who can go a lot faster, dont pick a hopeless fight (p.s. i am on the pad as well) So @Nick-1054 got through, I somehow kept the car safe and @Mcquiz95 lost the car.

Then i had the incident with @Thomasbrxwn. I was right behind Nick and tried to get those corners as clean as possible. But somehow Thomas touched me and my Frontwing got destroyed. My car rolled back and when i saw @RobKite i instantly tried to ghost the car. Sry if my car messed up someones frontwing in this accident.

Now in general, some guys really need to pay attention while driving behind someone else. Am I really that bad of driver or can someone explain me how i got bumped at least 5 different times. Its not the first race i got kicked out of the race or suffered a broken wing this season. I certainly do mistakes as well, but it really gets on my nerves if i get kicked out of the race and the other guy doesnt even apologise (and still ends up on the podium). Therefore a big shoutout to @Thomasbrxwn who was the first one this season to apologise.
I dont send those incidents to the stewards because in most cases wouldnt help my position anyway. But i really recommend some guys with RL or whatever to memorize some important braking points.
it was like i gave your cheek a little peck and you slapping me, i literally blow at your car and it slapped so hard, not sure if it was already under rotating at this point as i didn’t get a warning, either way i do apologise.
now @Mcquiz95 you can’t say that considering i was on your right side on the pit straight and you were pushing me onto the yellow paint...

Reactions: xMartini93Z

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
I really wonder what move that I did here is bad driving except of course the one on lap 8, that was totally my fault as I misjudged the situation.

The last spin I'd say was a racing incident. Alex left me just about as much space as he had to but because of the slightly acute angle it wasn't just enough. With close racing these bits of contact are inevitable.

WIth the other two major ones in turn 7 though I fail to see what I could've done differently. In the first one I was just completely sandwiched, no place for me to go at all.

And when Kingfoe went around the outside he turned in early as if I wasn't there even though half my car was alongside. Contact of course happened before the apex but by the time he makes it there there's no space whatsoever.

And this is the primary problem I have with the driving standards in this tier, it's not a matter of making mistakes, slightly miscalculating certain moves, we all do those things and as annoying it can be if you're on the losing out side it's just racing. However this particular type of incident where I am far enough inside to be entitled for a space and I just get cut off that has happened at least 6 times in the past 6 races and it happens because drivers don't bother checking the proximity arrows right before turning in to the corner. The bit at 2 minutes is an example of how it should go. I see that Alex is on the inside so I leave plenty of space, then I see that he's a bit hot into the corner so I open up the steering and go wide to avoid a bigger impact.

@xMartini93Z Since I had damage I wasn't actually fighting tooth and nail but I wasn't just going to let you past as if I was a lap down, otherwise why even race at all. It wouldn't been fine too without the divebomb that Nick did but because of the spin I didn't see if he had any chance of making the corner in the first place so I can't judge if it was a fair(albeit Verstappen-Spa esque) move or not.

xMartini93Z

Pro Karter
Jul 19, 2019
Hmm somehow it looked like I had gained more space to you, so yeah i might have entered the corner a bit too early there

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
it was like i gave your cheek a little peck and you slapping me, i literally blow at your car and it slapped so hard, not sure if it was already under rotating at this point as i didn’t get a warning, either way i do apologise.
now @Mcquiz95 you can’t say that considering i was on your right side on the pit straight and you were pushing me onto the yellow paint...
Thomas, please look at the footage. There was never any space on the outside, you put your car there off the track. A tyre width at best and it's not like I could then give you any more space with another car on the inside.

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Hmm somehow it looked like I had gained more space to you, so yeah i might have entered the corner a bit too early there
Yeah like I said it probably would've been fine if I didn't have another car on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.