PS4 - ROUND 15 -Singapore Grand Prix [3/2/19 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 ROUND 15 -Singapore Grand Prix [3/2/19 8:00 PM U.K.]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Nexus1011

S18 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
Got disconnected :cautious:

This season can't come to the end soon enough...horrible luck.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
First of all, thanks to anyone who does read these posts. I know they're not for everyone but it's something I learned from a past league and carried on with me over here, as well as seeing other people here do it too. No worries if no one does read them, but I like to keep traditions I guess haha. With that being said:

Qualifying
I was genuinely surprised by how many qualified on the Hypersofts. I started qualifying by setting just a banker lap on them, before doing a proper run on the Soft and Ultrasoft tyres. I was unsure what to do for qualifying, as I had issues with overheating in practices. Sometimes I was able to control it, sometimes not. So I had planned to start on the Soft tyre, but when qualifying came around, I thought what the hell let's go for it. Thankfully though, I qualified P11! With a 1:36.213. So I couldn't complain about the result.

Race
Had an okay start on the Softs, but for once I actually ended up losing a place after the first lap. Happy that I could keep up with the Ultrasoft runners ahead (Granted helped by some I assume having damage which held the rest up haha.) but also keep back the Ultrasoft runners behind me as well. That is until Lap 4 where we got bunched up too much which allowed @ELIT3_gam3boy to have a run on me on the DRS straight. I defended and we went side by side from T7 through to T9 before he finally got the better of me and completed the pass. Great battling!

I was able to keep @Nexus1011 behind a bit longer but lost the position on Lap 6. I was able to keep with him and remain in DRS range though before he pitted Lap 9, where at this point the leaders were starting to close on me after having already pitted, so I didn't fight them. I planned on pitting Lap 20 but I made a mistake on Lap 19 at the exit of T8... I hit the wall. Damaging my wing. Thankfully if there was a time to do it, that was it as I knew I could pit on that lap instead which I did. Rejoining in P10.

I then realised I had a huge task ahead of me, as the gap to @ELIT3_gam3boy ahead was much bigger than I was expecting of 21.4 seconds. After my first lap on the Ultrasofts, I had gained by 2 seconds! So I continued to push before Elite crashed out of the race on Lap 23, leaving @MikeTinus as the next car ahead by 12.8 seconds. At this point, I was still gaining around 1.5-2 seconds a lap. Then finally, towards the end of Lap 29, I finally caught up to the back of him. I'd have passed him on the DRS straight the next lap but he defended the same way I was going to pass, so I had to lift off and attempt around the outside. Just like with Elite earlier, we remained side by side before I did the switchback at T9 and finally got the pass done. Another great battle! Knowing I had received a penalty just a few laps before this, I tried to get that 3 second gap but unfortunately for me, I didn't get it. I finished in P8 before the penalty dropped me to P9, missing out by just around 4 tenths!

I was expecting this race to be a disaster, but it actually went well! Happy with the outcome of it. I need to do something about the penalties though, as it's happened a few times where I've lost a position at the end of the race by just a few tenths haha... More annoyingly, I missed out on a position to @MikeTinus due to it not only here, but at the last race in Italy too! Haha. Definitely not a trend I want to continue. =P
I practiced quite a lot for these last two races but not sure I'll be able to put as much time in for the Russian Grand Prix, so I hope that doesn't hinder me too much but we'll see.

Also a shoutout to the commentators! They've done a great job all season. I've enjoyed checking the streams out. =) (No idea what their tags are on here, so if someone could pass the message on please haha.)