PS4 - Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix - 3rd February 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix - 3rd February 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@chaingang123

Last edited:

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Really looking forward to this race. Probably the most demanding circuit on the entire calendar. Totally amped!

monkeymeg44

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 21, 2019
Really looking forward to this race. Probably the most demanding circuit on the entire calendar. Totally amped!
I've found the race now. Like I said I'm not very good at things like this. I will be online 10 minutes before and all I do is wait for you to invite me. Thanks so much can't wait to get going

Reactions: Jason007

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
I've found the race now. Like I said I'm not very good at things like this. I will be online 10 minutes before and all I do is wait for you to invite me. Thanks so much can't wait to get going
Sounds good! If you haven't already, I would race a few online matches just to get familiar with the lobby system.

Martin_Robertson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Work and life stuff means getting practice in for the rest of season will be very difficult. I’ve never been able to get use to this track, especially sector 3, so I’m not expecting much here at all.

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Quite like this track, eats the rear tyres however. As long as it doesn't rain I'm looking forward to it, I do seem to struggle out of traction zones more than a lot of people in this league however (UK-size 11 feet not great for feathering the throttle maybe :LOL:) so not sure how my pace will stack up on this sort of track.

Martin_Robertson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Quite like this track, eats the rear tyres however. As long as it doesn't rain I'm looking forward to it, I do seem to struggle out of traction zones more than a lot of people in this league however (UK-size 11 feet not great for feathering the throttle maybe :LOL:) so not sure how my pace will stack up on this sort of track.
For some reason codemasters thinks it rains in Singapore all the time. Never had an online league race where it hasn’t rained in at least 1 session!

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Tyre grip is terrible after 30% wear (with my setup) so it'll be interesting to see what strategy people use? The hypers lose so much grip after 4 laps they are not worth using but you need to be on them for quali to be near the front 'cause it's so difficult to overtake. And then there is the inevitable rain....!

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
Tyre grip is terrible after 30% wear (with my setup) so it'll be interesting to see what strategy people use? The hypers lose so much grip after 4 laps they are not worth using but you need to be on them for quali to be near the front 'cause it's so difficult to overtake. And then there is the inevitable rain....!
Being at the front is pretty important, but I don't know if it's benefits make up for needing to 2 stop... On the other hand, it's a fairly easy 1 stop going US to S. Slower quali, and much slower with the softs, but they're lasting much longer than I need. Rear temps on anything besides softs is the killer really.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
@ramma, you were really fast in Monaco, so I expect you to do well here? A big influence on the race will be getting the eneviatble safety car/cars strategy right.

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
@ramma, you were really fast in Monaco, so I expect you to do well here?
Monaco is by far my most raced track. It's easier on tires though. I'm not really sure what times to expect from quali here, but unlike Monaco I haven't get the middle tire as close to the softest time wise as I'd like.

Martin_Robertson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Quali P3 Race P6
Paid the price for not practicing and with a bad setup I had no pace here, though the set up would’ve been alright in the wet. Lap 5 I locked up coming to the bridge, and me a @ramma came together and I came off worse with a broken wing. I pitted and had to go to the end from Lap 6 on the softs. Without the pace I couldn’t catch anyone in front but had an enjoyable race, fdefending from @JimiRäikkönen and then the final 11 laps from @chris130256 Onto Russia! Congrats to @Nick-1054 on the win. Also well done @Jason007 on a strong race. About time you were up there, thought we going to have our overdue battle!

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Qualy: P5
Race: P4

Pre-Race Interview: Got a decent amount of practice in this week. Practiced both wet and dry conditions, so I felt pretty confident going into the race. Plus Singapore is a street circuit and I'm learning that they are my favorite and where I excel the most.

Qualification: Full wet qualy! Decided to go out immediately and see what kind of time I could put down on the wets. Forecast was predicting possible Inters conditions near the end, and luckily it did. Got two laps in on the Inters with the second lap being the best. Highest qualy position all season, P5!

Strategy: A wet qualy means free tire choice for all, so I went with a US > S strategy. Should I break a wing at some point I could switch to a two-stopper and run US or HS at some point. +3 laps of fuel should do the trick.

Race: In all honesty, not a whole lot happened during the race to justify a full write-up. Got overtaken at least 4 times with no overtakes myself, which didn't surprise me considering my pace wasn't the fastest. Missed a few braking points throughout the race, but kept my wheels on wing intact. Just kept my head, didn't push the tires too much, and stayed as smooth and consistent as possible. Not sure if this was on purpose, but thanks to my teammate @Jari for following behind me and defending against other cars coming up! Thanks! The rain started with about two laps to go, but not significant enough to need Inters. Crossed the line in P4! Best result all season and a bit of a morale boost for me during this up-and-down season. Unfortunately a good race against @Limaro_83 will have to wait for another day. :sneaky:

Congrats to @Nick-1054 on another win!
Congrats to @ramma and @MJ7 on rounding out the podium!

Last edited:

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Quali: P7 - always struggle in wet, pleased to be in the top 10.

Race: DNF - where to start... Over the first few laps had some decent battles, getting past Mo, Jason and Ramma after the DRS zone. Pace was looking good, and after first round of stops was about 9 seconds behind Nick, me on softs, he on US going for 2 stopper.

I expected him to race away and build a gap, but pleasantly surprised the gap never went over 11s... he came out behind me with for laps to go, I'd not made a mistake all race then final lap, chicane before the bridge I throw it all away. A little bit of rain and I've Vettel-ed it into the barrier. 0 points. Gutted.

So, thrilled with my pace, should have been my first win, but so disappointed in myself for one minor lapse in concentration at a track where you can't afford it. I'll move on and go again next week, hopefully make amends. Well done Nick for yet another win!

• Friendly
Reactions: Jason007 and ramma

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
Q - 6th
R - 2nd

Quali - Glad I actually practiced a little in the rain. Fueled the car up a lot and just went for a bunch of laps seeing if I could get a decent one. Had pole for a little bit while it was full wet time, but I noticed people putting on inters and knew that time wouldn't hold up. Pitted for a set myself and had time left for one lap which I went a bit overly cautious on so I didn't lose a wheel or something.

Race -
Had a decent start and hoped to gain a position or two quickly, probably quicker than I should have tried. First few corners went well if a bit precarious, then some contact in T5 and a nearly losing it in a slide. Lap 5 had some contact with Limaro and got a bit of wing damage. Definitely cost me some lap time, but not so much I needed to pit. HighGround get on my tail and overtook me after a few laps with the damaged wing, though I think he'd have got me either way. Since we all got fresh tires I managed to stretch the US's till lap 14/15 for my stop and they still only had ~50% wear at the highest. Exited behind Jason and followed him for quite a few laps before I think his tires were just getting a bit more worn than mine and managed a pass. Then from there it was just a matter of managing the gap to kingfoemaccassa given the penalties.

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Q: P13
R: P13

Q: Bad attempts with the full wet. Last attempt with the inter but on the last sector there was traffic, so I get the P13, but without traffic I think that I could enter in top 10.

R:
00:03 - Start the race, bad first lap with a big crash;
01:10 - Box;
01:37 - I overtake @Jari ;
01:51 - I overtake @SEAN-GBR ;
02:00 - I get P14;
02:13 - I overtake @Da Eagle ;
02:30 - @Hunter17 overtakes me;
02:47 - I get P13;
03:00 - I overtake @danio ;
03:38 - @monkeymeg44 overtakes me;
03:53 - @Wesley3071 overtakes me;
04:10 - @Jari overtakes me;
04:22 - I overtake @Jari ;
04:40 - I finish my race in P13.

I'm very disappointed for this race because I like Singapore and a disastrous first lap destroyed my race. Congrats @Nick-1054 , your title now is very very close.
I hope in a better race in Sochi ;)

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Qualy: P5
Race: P4

Pre-Race Interview: Got a decent amount of practice in this week. Practiced both wet and dry conditions, so I felt pretty confident going into the race. Plus Singapore is a street circuit and I'm learning that they are my favorite and where I excel the most.

Qualification: Full wet qualy! Decided to go out immediately and see what kind of time I could put down on the wets. Forecast was predicting possible Inters conditions near the end, and luckily it did. Got two laps in on the Inters with the second lap being the best. Highest qualy position all season, P5!

Strategy: A wet qualy means free tire choice for all, so I went with a US > S strategy. Should I break a wing at some point I could switch to a two-stopper and run US or HS at some point. +3 laps of fuel should do the trick.

Race: In all honesty, not a whole lot happened during the race to justify a full write-up. Got overtaken at least 4 times with no overtakes myself, which didn't surprise me considering my pace wasn't the fastest. Missed a few braking points throughout the race, but kept my wheels on wing intact. Just kept my head, didn't push the tires too much, and stayed as smooth and consistent as possible. Not sure if this was on purpose, but thanks to my teammate @Jari for following behind me and defending against other cars coming up! Thanks! The rain started with about two laps to go, but not significant enough to need Inters. Crossed the line in P4! Best result all season and a bit of a morale boost for me during this up-and-down season. Unfortunately a good race against @Limaro_83 will have to wait for another day. :sneaky:

Congrats to @Nick-1054 on another win!
Congrats to @ramma and @MJ7 on rounding out the podium!

Fantastic job @Jason007

• Friendly
Reactions: Jason007