PC - Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix [18/02/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix [18/02/18 8:00pm]

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016

My worst and most humiliating race ever on what must be the worst track for the pad apart fom monaco

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Enjoyable race from my end. Had a great qualifying which was faster than my time trial lap and got pole position.
Then in the race I made the mistake of restarting because of a disconnect. My apologies once again for all the mess that caused. All in all it made me a little bit stressed at the start of the race, which resulted in me over revving my car when shifting through the gears, resulting in a very bad launch. Then through the S-section I went wide, tried to correct myself when coming back to the racing line but overdid it. So I spun out, lost my front wing and was in last place.
After that, my pace was pretty good. I was however a little bit hesitant in overtaking @Nakianu because the biggest overtaking zones are through 130r and turn 1. Which I found scary places to overtake. In the end I got the position and got lucky with some cars in front of me having incidents and the time penalty of @TRL_graveltrap , giving me p4.

Congrats to @Borderline on his first podium and @Kryxeno on his race victory in his first race with us! Very impressive!

Reactions: Biolite80

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
@RichyB if you were stressed then I was more so as my pc had crashed at 7:30 and proceeded to wipe my game from one of my accounts. I was lucky I was able to salvage it on another account but that along with my screen freezes definitely stressed me out. Also just asking guys I have an i3 4150 cpu, should I upgrade as I think I might have bottle necking issues and I have tried limiting my fps to 30 but I still freeze

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
@RichyB if you were stressed then I was more so as my pc had crashed at 7:30 and proceeded to wipe my game from one of my accounts. I was lucky I was able to salvage it on another account but that along with my screen freezes definitely stressed me out. Also just asking guys I have an i3 4150 cpu, should I upgrade as I think I might have bottle necking issues and I have tried limiting my fps to 30 but I still freeze
Omg yes!!!! Def upgrade. I would recommend upgrading everything, if not possible go for I7-7700(k) and at least 16Gb of DDR4 RAM

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
@Biolite80 i would but I would rather not spend over £150 or $200 if possible so I am probably going for an i7 4970K to avoid having to switch my motherboard and get new RAM. I mean my GPU can run the game at 60 fps on normal settings but it is just I get stuttering issues like @Billamy did, especially in the pits

Last edited:
Reactions: Biolite80

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
@Biolite80 i would but I would rather not spend over £150 or $200 if possible so I am probably going for an i7 4970K to avoid having to switch my motherboard and get new RAM. I mean my GPU can run the game at 60 fps on normal settings but it is just I get stuttering issues like @Billamy did, especially in the pits
Maybe try to delete video recordings that you don't use? Your PC might use up a lot of memory when playing the game which can cause your screen freezing possibly.

Reactions: EditedStorm27

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
Maybe try to delete video recordings that you don't use? Your PC might use up a lot of memory when playing the game which can cause your screen freezing possibly.
I have 350GB free so I don't think it is a problem but thanks for the suggestion

Official Highlights of my most depressing race ever