PS4 - Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix [18/02/2018 8:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix [18/02/2018 8:00PM]

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
@DON SILVA - my POV as requested.

As I said when talking to @DON SILVA last night after the race. I had a similar issue in S13 Bahrain and Spain. I wasn't classified on those occasions as I was told the rest of my race was essentially a time trial :banghead:

God how I love this game :rofl:

Roadhouse

Pro Karter
Sep 21, 2017
Yeah u can see on lap 21 where he tries an overtake on you in turn 1. Spins and then @SolidNinjaSnake hits him in the back, clearly not knowing he is there
That was where I started to question what was happening as I presumed @SolidNinjaSnake would have no front wing after that. Had already had incidents with @DON SILVA on lap 11 and another with @advanceapple on lap 12. Even said out loud after the lap 21 collision "am I f***ing invisible?!"...Turns out i was! :lol:Just glad it doesn't appear to have ruined anyone else's race other than my own. Felt like P2 was in the bag and was hoping to put some pressure onto @kovisjimi for the win but Codies decided that wasn't happening! :banghead: Hope I can keep my P4, feel like I deserved it for keeping it out of the pitwall on lap 12 alone!

Anyway, congrats to @kovisjimi on P1 and to @advanceapple and @SolidNinjaSnake for their podiums. Hopefully we can have a normal race next time out and @MattDavies2511 doesn't get booted again - feel sorry for you mate, all those points in the bin :arghh:

MattDavies2511

Jan 15, 2017
That was where I started to question what was happening as I presumed @SolidNinjaSnake would have no front wing after that. Had already had incidents with @DON SILVA on lap 11 and another with @advanceapple on lap 12. Even said out loud after the lap 21 collision "am I f***ing invisible?!"...Turns out i was! :lol:Just glad it doesn't appear to have ruined anyone else's race other than my own. Felt like P2 was in the bag and was hoping to put some pressure onto @kovisjimi for the win but Codies decided that wasn't happening! :banghead: Hope I can keep my P4, feel like I deserved it for keeping it out of the pitwall on lap 12 alone!

Anyway, congrats to @kovisjimi on P1 and to @advanceapple and @SolidNinjaSnake for their podiums. Hopefully we can have a normal race next time out and @MattDavies2511 doesn't get booted again - feel sorry for you mate, all those points in the bin :arghh:
If you fancy lending me some of those points back over the next few races, I'll be very greatful. Not sure how @SolidNinjaSnake would feel though ;) :rofl:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Roadhouse

Pro Karter
Sep 21, 2017
The same thing happened to somebody at Bahrain this season. I can't remember whether it was @advanceapple or his teammate at the time @Maurizio Vettel_89_. You'll be classified because you technically didn't disconnect
Cool, thanks :) I had 'migrating host' after about 8 or so laps, did that actually happen??

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Cool, thanks :) I had 'migrating host' after about 8 or so laps, did that actually happen??
The host migrated twice. Firstly when @nezehran disconnected. @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii became host but he crashed out and left which once again triggered the host migration. I have a suspicion that I became host afterwards

MattDavies2511

Jan 15, 2017
The host migrated twice. Firstly when @nezehran disconnected. @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii became host but he crashed out and left which once again triggered the host migration. I have a suspicion that I became host afterwards
I've had a quick look at the race stream and @Roadhouse POV, I don't know if it was a massive coincidence. But once @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii retired from the race I disconnected/crashed. Then after that the lobby went to crap.

I could be talking out my ass, what's everyones thoughts on this :rofl:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I've had a quick look at the race stream and @Roadhouse POV, I don't know if it was a massive coincidence. But once @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii retired from the race I disconnected/crashed. Then after that the lobby went to crap.

I could be talking out my ass, what's everyones thoughts on this :rofl:
I noticed that but I think the lobby had already gone tits up when @nezehran disconnected. Had @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii left the lobby immediately after crashing, I don't think anything would have happened to you as he wasn't host when he crashed.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
A Sunday drive around Suzuka

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
@DON SILVA - my POV as requested.

Wow! So you were actually in between @advanceapple and I?! Pretty hilarious how at 44:58 I just completely ram you off the track. :lol:
Sorry to see you had that issue though, I've had desync issues twice this season, (Bahrain and Canada) however yours seemed a bit different. Instead of being desynced with just one person like I had, you seemed to be desynced with everyone. Odd.

Edit: Actually it's even more odd as you for some reason became desynced during the race. When I had it happen, it was for the whole session.

Last edited:

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying
I first set what ended up to be my only timed lap of the session of a 1:29.329. It was a disaster after this, as first I accidentally cut the corner at Degner 1, followed by completely messing up the last lap. I could have carried on to improve by about a tenth but I figured it wasn't worth it, plus I'd have had to start on worn tyres. So a very disappointing P8 result.
If I had set my PB (Qualifying, not Time Trial) I'd have only managed P5. If only I could match my Time Trial times, I'd have gotten Pole then by 0.025!

Race
Before we even set off I was sitting in P7 due to an issue with @InFinityzzHD. On the start, I tried to stay alongside @advanceapple as much as I could but he ended up getting track position. After this, I was literally following behind him for the whole race! I was agonisingly close but I just couldn't get closer to make a pass. The only chance I really had was when he messed up at Degner 2, but unfortunately I messed it up at exactly the same time haha.

Lap 2 was bloody scary though with @KaneIyanda and @Roadhouse going side by side at the end of the esses, allowing @nezehran, @advanceapple, @CombiKoermi behind and I to bunch up close to them. Which quickly escalated at Degner 1 where Nezehran went through the corner quicker than KaneIyanda and I think clipped his rear, resulting in Nezehran sliding across the track, across the corner, smashing the advertisement board and back onto the track again! AdvanceApple took one side past him while I just barely had enough room to take the other. CombiKoermi behind then cheekily went for a move on me down at the hairpin! Thankfully I had a better exit and was able to maintain position. I have to say that CombiKoermi actually had me a bit concerned since he was keeping up with me on his Softs for the first few laps.

I was getting pretty lucky throughout the race with people crashing out or having connection problems, when all of a sudden I realise I'm sitting in a podium position! In the end I couldn't grab P2 off @advanceapple and had to settle with 3rd. A miracle considering the terrible qualifying! Haha.

Edit: Oh I forgot to say! Congrats to @kovisjimi on the win and @advanceapple on P2. =)

Last edited:

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
Qualifying
I first set what ended up to be my only timed lap of the session of a 1:29.329. It was a disaster after this, as first I accidentally cut the corner at Degner 1, followed by completely messing up the last lap. I could have carried on to improve by about a tenth but I figured it wasn't worth it, plus I'd have had to start on worn tyres. So a very disappointing P8 result.
If I had set my PB (Qualifying, not Time Trial) I'd have only managed P5. If only I could match my Time Trial times, I'd have gotten Pole then by 0.025!

Race
Before we even set off I was sitting in P7 due to an issue with @InFinityzzHD. On the start, I tried to stay alongside @advanceapple as much as I could but he ended up getting track position. After this, I was literally following behind him for the whole race! I was agonisingly close but I just couldn't get closer to make a pass. The only chance I really had was when he messed up at Degner 2, but unfortunately I messed it up at exactly the same time haha.

Lap 2 was bloody scary though with @KaneIyanda and @Roadhouse going side by side at the end of the esses, allowing @nezehran, @advanceapple, @CombiKoermi behind and I to bunch up close to them. Which quickly escalated at Degner 1 where Nezehran went through the corner quicker than KaneIyanda and I think clipped his rear, resulting in Nezehran sliding across the track, across the corner, smashing the advertisement board and back onto the track again! AdvanceApple took one side past him while I just barely had enough room to take the other. CombiKoermi behind then cheekily went for a move on me down at the hairpin! Thankfully I had a better exit and was able to maintain position. I have to say that CombiKoermi actually had me a bit concerned since he was keeping up with me on his Softs for the first few laps.

I was getting pretty lucky throughout the race with people crashing out or having connection problems, when all of a sudden I realise I'm sitting in a podium position! In the end I couldn't grab P2 off @advanceapple and had to settle with 3rd. A miracle considering the terrible qualifying! Haha.
admit that for once I was at your height :D

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Thinking of skipping the next race for USA this Sunday. Aside from meeting David Tennant at my local film theatre for a festival in Glasgow Austin is one of my weaker tracks, and tbh could be doing with a break from the BS Codies F1 games keeps throwing up. Should be back for Mexico

nezehran

F1 Test Driver
Oct 2, 2017
I noticed that but I think the lobby had already gone tits up when @nezehran disconnected. Had @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii left the lobby immediately after crashing, I don't think anything would have happened to you as he wasn't host when he crashed.
I didnt disconnect, I never disconnect, the game crashed :p

kovisjimi

Formula Karter
Aug 21, 2017
Q: 1

Did pretty many practice qualifyins sessions, and my times were 28.0-28.3, so a good result. Got pretty close in the top 4.

R: 1

Yeeeeeeeesssss. I was pretty confident going to the race, first time since November. My getaway was fairly bad and @MattDavies2511 went on the inside, luckily for me he didn't go for the move. After that I just tried to get a good flow going and grow the difference to Matt. Then his game froze and that sucked for him, but worked in favor for me.

Rest of the race was pretty boring, I managed to get good laps and even did my fastest lap with old soft tyres on lap 22.

Comeback is alive boyyyys.

Sad for all the glitches you guys had, altough a win is a win, but this didn't feel as good as my latest wins.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014