PS4 - Round 16 Malaysian Grand Prix [19/02/2017 20:00] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 16 Malaysian Grand Prix [19/02/2017 20:00]

NBAroubin

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 14, 2015
Q: 9th (started in P8)
R: 10th
Strat: M-S-H

I got a good start and was in P5 after lap 1, but then the car in front of me broke really early, causing me to run into the back of him and losing half my front wing. That pretty much ruined my race as i had to switch to a 2-stop and lost a lot of time. On lap 5 I got pushed off the track, which cost me additional 5-10 secs.

Managed to fight my way back. Had a couple of battles with Ali and a fierce last lap battle with @Jonas-NHK. Finished just behind him but he had a 3sec penalty so i got promoted to P10.

Overall, I had A LOT of wheel-to-wheel racing today, so it was quite fun. Really recommend to watch the vid below as it is quite action-packed to say the least.

Reactions: alexukr

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Slightly bottled quali bit with it being easily my best of the season I'm not too fussed. Got mugged at the start due to the tyre deficit, then fought back well (shagging my tyres in the process and having to do SHH). Made a few nice moves, noticeably on @NBAroubin and @Jonas-NHK into turn 14. Very fun race, where I finally managed to show off a bit of pace this season. Got lucky with a few penalties and incidents to get a podium, but after my season tell someone who cares :p hope you're next @Bcolt93 this is getting stupid now

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
Qualifying: 17th, Race: 4th (M-H)

Qualifying was disappointing but I am **** in the wet so it's not too much of a surprise.

Made a good start and was right in the fight for points. Managed to hold off @TheogGR1 - we had a good fight and I feel it was important looking forward.

From then on, my hard pace was pretty okay I thought. I was consistent, I was unsure of what was happening around me in terms of strategy so just needed to keep it clean.

@alexukr and @RBOS_00 were way too quick so couldn't fight or keep them behind. Made no sense to do so considering they were on much faster tyres.

Maintained third over the line but had five warnings - my tyres were like close to the puncture zone so it was tough but I am confident @DemoN F1 would have made an overtake had he needed to so I am very pleased with fourth.

Happy to pick up some big points once again. That is 38 points in the last three rounds, so delighted with things and important in both championships as I don't want Williams finishing last!

Pace wasn't great in stint one, stint two was solid midfield pace. But I kept it clean, like in Singapore.

Reactions: DemoN

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Yeah I made sure I wouldn't run out of fuel a bit too cautiously. Didn't want to risk a crash either knowing, so with rich mix and big balls the move was doable :p

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Full Race Report

Q(19th)
My wet pace was atrocious again. This becomes quite worrying, in the wet my car is locking up in every corner and i have no grip avaiable at all. I was quite shocked that i qualified 19th, i defo need to work sth out for the wet, as i am turning into a GP2 driver when there

R(1st) H-M
I had a descent start and the first two corners went actually quite clean untill the carnage unfolded in front of me. I think i went from 19th to 12 without doing an overtake on track. Spend the first few laps behind @Jonas-NHK but didn't do any moves bc i knew that my strategy required severe tyre saving. After some Laps i got him and @NBAroubin passed because they made Contact. From then on i was for some time on my own and just tried to make my strategy work. Then i Arrived on the back of @BigC_019 and @jake_lfc01 who were in a battle and a little bit slower then me. When i was behind them i tried to save tyres again and eventually Big-cand then Jake went into the Pits. Then i found myself suddenly in the lead with everyone being on different strategies and incidents. Then @JIM-NervoTank and @Aressi191 caught up to me on frseher tyres and i had not really a chance. Still i knew that a Podium was on the cards which would have been fantastic coming from the back. I rejoined on P9 and when everyone in front of me pitted i was into P3 with no one being around me besides of Aressi who was on brand new softs.

When i saw Nervo and Aressi coming into the pits i was really shaking because i couldn't belive what was happening. I was the most nervous since Australia to finish the race and i did a few mistakes in the last laps, but @RBOS_00 had a few penalties and really worn softs, so i saved P1 into the finish line and i still can't believe it that i won from the back of the grid with no safety car.!!!

Big Congratz to @RBOS_00 and @DemoN F1 for their podiums and very big comisirations to Aressi for the bull**** he had to go through, no idea if Nervo got the same, if yes GG codies.

• Winner
Reactions: NBAroubin and DemoN

clarky_110

F1 1st Driver
Jun 7, 2015

Sorry for the swearing and stuff, heat of the moment racing in AOR :smuggrin: ,forgot to mute party chat

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016
Qualifying 2nd

Had time only for one lap after damaging wing. Lap wasn't best and with another try at end of session I think I would have got pole.

Race 12th

Had decent start and was following @JIM-NervoTank first stint. On lap 4 lag spike almost destroyed my race as crashed to back of Nervos car but luckily didn't get any damage to the car. Could have gone much faster at this point. Pitted for hards on lap 7 and rejoined to traffic. After getting through the gap to Nervo stayed about 3 seconds whole stint. On lap 20 pitted for softs and game decided to give me drive through penalty for nothing. Easy P2 or race win gone 'cause of the game. Made some overtakes towards end and got puncture on last lap so dropped to 12th position.

Strategy S-H-S

Congrats to @alexukr for winning again and to @RBOS_00 and @GR-DemoN for podium!

Last edited:
Reactions: alexukr and DemoN

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
So @RBOS_00 on a scale of 1-10 how bad did you **** yourself when I tried this divebomb?

Last edited:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Race report and essay time. If you guys think you're unlucky, just remember that this game/my wheel played the cruelest of jokes on me.

Qualifying: 14th (1:48.916)
Not the best of laps by any standards, but I was content with it considering how much I suck in the wet and I seemed to miss the window for the inters by a few minutes.

Race: 13th
Probably the toughest race for me to take this season. It didn't start very well as I wasn't paying attention at the start when the lights were coming on and by the time the lights had gone out, I hadn't even engaged the clutch so to only had lost 1 position going through the first 2 corners was impressive. Then the madness started with I think about 4 cars crashing in front of me promoting me up to 11th half way round the first lap. The worst part of that sequence was into T7 I broke my wing on the back of @F1_Dan and was then stuck for the entire stint with a yellow front left wing. Despite the damage I was able to pick my way through some cars and have a pretty good battle with @RBOS_00. I pit on L7 as the damage was starting to **** me off and I just decided to fix the wing and suffer the 10 second pitstop.

The goal then became to stomp my teammate (sorry @TheogGR1) who had some how come out right behind me despite double stacking, and catch and pass @iSuperScrub. Getting into DRS range of SuperScrub was incredibly difficult, but once I was able to do that I was able to reduce the gap pretty quickly and make a straight forward overtake. After that I had @BigshotP1ayerGR ahead of me who was slightly quicker throughout the stint, but I think I lost less than a second from L11 until he pit at the end of L19. However I'm guessing I was pulling along @jake_lfc01 for a bit as he was always around 1.5 seconds behind me on the softer mediums but never threatened me.

After I pit on L20 the goal became to catch as many people as I possibly could and get back into the points as I was sitting in 11th. Thankfully some people ahead had to pit and I was promoted to 9th with @clarky_110 6.5 seconds up the road on mediums. I drove my heart out and by L27 I was within DRS range but unfortunately a mistake at T2 at the start of L28 ended any shot I had at making an overtake. Either way I was pretty happy going around that lap knowing how well I had driven and it appeared my point-less streak was coming to an end. Then at the start of S3 I saw @Aressi191 had a puncture moving me up to P8 before absolute disaster struck.

I'm not sure what the hell happened, but its an issue I've come across a few times where the wheel completely stops working and I can't steer and the throttle is just maxed out. The wheel is still apparently connected so I went flying off the track at T11 and into the wall and gravel. My car somehow survived the impact, not that it really mattered as I had to unplug my wheel, plug it back in, wait for it to calibrate, sign back into my account and then unpause the game (which it only paused once i was prompted to sign back in). In all that time, I was demoted from 8th to 13th and was completely crushed finishing that lap.

Not sure what the hell else I could've done in that race. If I avoid Dan on the first lap and don't pick up wing damage, the time I would've saved alone in the pitstop would've put me in contention for the top 5 at the absolute worst, let alone all the extra time I would've gained on track while I struggled around for 7 laps. Without a doubt my best drive of the season, and to come away with absolutely no points is pretty sickening for me given the amount of effort I put into this race.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
if anyone has to run 2 hard stints they will have a 0% chance of scoring points. Hards can do close to 20 laps if you really stretch them out and are gentle on them
Just going to bring this up again :D

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
Race report and essay time. If you guys think you're unlucky, just remember that this game/my wheel played the cruelest of jokes on me.

Qualifying: 14th (1:48.916)
Not the best of laps by any standards, but I was content with it considering how much I suck in the wet and I seemed to miss the window for the inters by a few minutes.

Race: 13th
Probably the toughest race for me to take this season. It didn't start very well as I wasn't paying attention at the start when the lights were coming on and by the time the lights had gone out, I hadn't even engaged the clutch so to only had lost 1 position going through the first 2 corners was impressive. Then the madness started with I think about 4 cars crashing in front of me promoting me up to 11th half way round the first lap. The worst part of that sequence was into T7 I broke my wing on the back of @F1_Dan and was then stuck for the entire stint with a yellow front left wing. Despite the damage I was able to pick my way through some cars and have a pretty good battle with @RBOS_00. I pit on L7 as the damage was starting to **** me off and I just decided to fix the wing and suffer the 10 second pitstop.

The goal then became to stomp my teammate (sorry @TheogGR1) who had some how come out right behind me despite double stacking.

That was very strange, my pitstop was 4.9 seconds and when I came out of the pits you teleported right ahead of me instead of being 3 seconds in front

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DemoN

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Qualified 5th in the wet with barely any wet running on this game so i was happy with that, race was going well until lap 3 when on the exit of turn 2 @BigshotP1ayerGR touched my rear making me spin into him, taking off most of my front wing.

After pitting i was just trying to keep with @BigshotP1ayerGR but @Bcolt93 passed me, then on lap 12 i spun out of turn 6 on the kerb, well that what i thought, somehow my left rear punctured which spun me across the track into the inside wall, i only had 25% wear max on all my tires. Is this a glitch?

Either way i crashed out of atleast an top 6 but onto the next one. Well done @alexukr you lucky bugger. And well done @clarky_110 on them last few laps, without contact on the first lap you could of won!

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Very, would have been fuming if you made that work.
i was getting frustrated. I felt I had the better pace, especially at the start of the stint but every time I got close I hit a wall of understeer. I had been looking at that move for a couple of laps and I think I could've done it if I didn't lock up so badly. Fair play though for leaving the room on the inside though once you saw me coming (y)

• Agree
Reactions: RBOS_00