PS4 - ROUND 16 - Russian Grand Prix [10/02/19 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 ROUND 16 - Russian Grand Prix [10/02/19 8:00 PM U.K.]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sochi Autodrom
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Nexus1011

S18 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
@DemoN @ELIT3_gam3boy
Are we racing with "Midday" time or Official time of day here? Because Sochi has this same blinding sun glare on the tarmac that Paul Ricard had in first two corners...

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
@DemoN @ELIT3_gam3boy
Are we racing with "Midday" time or Official time of day here? Because Sochi has this same blinding sun glare on the tarmac that Paul Ricard had in first two corners...
Official. It's slightly annoying but nowhere near as bad and not nearly enough to effect change.

Nexus1011

S18 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
And how will this be treated in stewards? @DemoN

Game has this incredible bug where it will give you a time penalty when entering the pits for no reason...and it can be like 10 sec time penalty or something like 5 sec stop/go which you basically are forced to serve which can ruin race?

It's pretty common...this is 3rd time this happened to me this week so...will this time penalties and stop/go get removed?
IMO it needs to get removed because player has no choice or control over this at all.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
And how will this be treated in stewards? @DemoN

Game has this incredible bug where it will give you a time penalty when entering the pits for no reason...and it can be like 10 sec time penalty or something like 5 sec stop/go which you basically are forced to serve which can ruin race?

It's pretty common...this is 3rd time this happened to me this week so...will this time penalties and stop/go get removed?
IMO it needs to get removed because player has no choice or control over this at all.
That can be totally avoided by moving over much sooner and not taking the widest legal line through the corner possible. I'm not sure of what the situation of removing those penalties is at this moment, but it's definitely possible to avoid these penalties regardless.

xMtZx_

Formula Karter
Aug 18, 2018
I leave the championship. Load my setup correctly and I notice that the car is not going well, I return to box and I see that I have a random adjustment with 2-2 aerodonamica and everything changed. Send a message in the chat and no case, the only answer "do not send messages during the classification" then, when I say it?

It was not hard to make a new room with the results of quality, right?

Very good fairplay

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying
My first lap wasn't great, even though it didn't feel that bad during it. My second lap I improved by 6 tenths and then my final lap was pretty messy before I ended up invalidating it. I did finish it to see that I would have improved by a tenth, but yeah. Ended up qualifying with a 1:31.126 to claim P15. I was quite a way off my PB... Need to work on qualifying.

Race
I didn't have time to do any practice until Saturday night, so I didn't have all the information that I normally would have and had to rely on other peoples information. With that being said, even if I did have more time, personally I don't think it would have helped much.

Had a good start by climbing into P12 by T3 before something happened with @APeeeX_EU. They had the DSC icon next to their name. Then all of a sudden while going around the long T4, @Alex Shield makes contact with Apex and @Nexus1011 before becoming stuck slightly on Apex, causing me to slow down to avoid which resulted in me dropping to last place. Technically it was actually P16, but then Apex teleported down the road... Looking back at my footage, just ahead of this you can see @F1_Dan get a complete random slide that he had to correct, which makes me wonder if on his screen he made contact with Apex. Either way, there was definitely some issue as on the stream it's completely different.

I was able to maintain the gap to those ahead before gaining two positions on Lap 4 from the @Nexus1011 and @MikeTinus incident, which I just managed to pass them both before T6. Two laps later and I gained another two positions from @FTR_SergiMtZ and @Alex20 after their separate incidents, pushing me now into P11. Had a great battle with Nexus on Lap 8, just holding onto my position before losing it on Lap 9 at T2. Annoyingly with the way T3 is, we made contact which actually gave me damage... I probably should have pitted that lap but decided to stay out and pit the next lap on Lap 10.

From here on, not a lot happened. I didn't have the pace to close down @Alex20 ahead who kept pulling further away and after @Guiggs pitted after his incident, he was 12 seconds behind me. 14 laps to go and he closed me down to finish about just one second behind. Thankfully he had more penalties than me so I didn't lose a position. @Francis mcginn got DSC or something but I had no idea where he was on track until the AI pitted for him on Lap 25, coming out ahead of me. So I knew as long as I kept Guiggs behind, I could claim P10 and claim P10 I did!

So I was pretty lucky here and lucky to grab P10, but I'll certainly take it! Just didn't have the pace here. Hopefully it'll be better at Japan.

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
I leave the championship. Load my setup correctly and I notice that the car is not going well, I return to box and I see that I have a random adjustment with 2-2 aerodonamica and everything changed. Send a message in the chat and no case, the only answer "do not send messages during the classification" then, when I say it?

It was not hard to make a new room with the results of quality, right?

Very good fairplay
You say it after the race. I’m sorry the game decided to give you a random setup, but I can’t restart a session because one driver got stuck with a default setup. We’ve all had to deal with it at some point, suck it up.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Q: P2

Wasn't expecting too much from quali. I had quite good quali pace in practice although good laps weren't all too common, whilst invalidations were. My first lap was a very safe banker, and I was please with the time considering. The second, my eventual fastest, was still quite a conservative lap, as I knew I needed improvements but to produce a valid lap. My final lap I went for it, and inevitably made a few mistakes before invalidating. It was in the ball park for pole still, but a well measured P2 was definitely a good result.

R: P1

The top three of myself, @99Pipmatt ahead, and @Francis mcginn behind all seemed to get rather even starts. When the slipstream picked up I felt boxed in by my proximity arrow, when in reality there was plenty of space to attack around the outside. Cautious to maintain position I lifted off and ensured a safe path through turn 2, so not much to complain about for the start. The first lap after that was a bit scruffy and I let Francis get a bit close and Matt a bit far ahead, but after that I soon found a rhythm and got Francis to a comfortable distance. It appeared that Matt was pushing quite hard to break the DRS, and whilst I would've liked to remain inside it, I wasn't all too bothered about losing it. The main focus for the first stint was going as slow as possible without falling through the field, which actually resulted in my rising to the top of the field. Matt seemed to have pushed his tyres too hard as both me and Francis found our way past quite quickly, and Francis then started to drop back slightly once out of my DRS.

I pit at the end of lap 8- a lap later than I had been able to in practice which was testament to the slower pace of the first stint. From there to the end I had the simple task of maintaining my tyres, not picking up too many warnings and making my way past the few alternate strategy runners remaining. My pants changed colour when @Alex Shield more than questionably hit the rear of my car around turn 3 following a nice manoeuvre for the lead, but other than that it was quite a dull affair. I tried to reclaim the fastest lap from Alex once he pit for Hypers, but didn't quite have the pace in the final sector on the much older, harder tyres. That time was soon to be obliterated anyway, so no loss. After that I literally just crawled to the end and watched how the battle for the podium was playing out.

7th win of the season, and for the first time I have the championship lead out to over a race win. 5 races to go, and incredibly me and @F1_Dan are constructors champions already :eek: Perhaps it isn't too surprising that two of the championship protagonists in the same team produces that result, but it's quite satisfying nonetheless to see we have over double the next nearest team, with our first 1-2 ever to seal it too. Congratulations to him and @JammyJames on the podium, and also a shout out to @FAP_Alex20 for a much improved performance, albeit marred by the incident.

Now for a much needed break week, and hopefully I can keep up the form on the other side of it to finish the drivers championship off too.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
7th win of the season, and for the first time I have the championship lead out to over a race win. 5 races to go, and incredibly me and @F1_Dan are constructors champions already :eek: Perhaps it isn't too surprising that two of the championship protagonists in the same team produces that result, but it's quite satisfying nonetheless to see we have over double the next nearest team, with our first 1-2 ever to seal it too.
I knew there was something I forgot to add! Congrats to you both (@F1_Dan) on winning the Constructors Championship. A nice way to grab it too. =)

Reactions: F1_Dan and DemoN