Apr 2, 2018
Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sochi Autodrom
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Last edited:

NuunuMarkus

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 28, 2018
Sorry for not setting it to official time. It just slipped out of my hands, let’s just call the race special and beautiful with the sunset.

My race ended after 5 corners in a crash I did not cause my self, and guess what... I was the only one that retired in the crash. I have to be honest, I don’t feel like this game likes me. I had ‘’immense’’ lag, and it wasn’t an enjoyable experience to drive with the lag... I didn’t have any pace and that really annoyed me!!!

MisterJasper

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 17, 2018

This is what caused the mayham. I saw that SnoxE got push wide by Thomasoo so I thought ill take the chance, but he steered to much to the right(?). Sorry for everyone who's race got ruined by this.

I retired lap 8 cuz my tires were in the wall.

NOTE: I left the lobby because I ALT-TABed and my pc started speaking in morse code and wouldnt stop. So i pulled the plug.

Last edited:

MisterJasper

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 17, 2018

This is what caused the mayham. I saw that SnoxE got push wide by Thomasoo so I thought ill take the chance, but he steered to much to the right(?). Sorry for everyone who's race got ruined by this.

NOTE: I left the lobby because I ALT-TABed and my pc started speaking in morse code and wouldnt stop. So i pulled the plug.

mtw1man

S16 AOR PC F12 Champion
Oct 12, 2016
Thank's ('codemaster's)' Random lost connection. how are they e'sports when :mad: like that happen's

Ryderpx

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 18, 2018
Thank's ('codemaster's)' Random lost connection. how are they e'sports when :mad: like that happen's
I thought someone crashed into you because a few people disconnected at the same time. Sad to see your race end like that.

Julio Massa 5522

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 2, 2018
Those disconnections were ****, let's not be afraid of the words. But I do have to say, that the lighting was so poor, I couldn't see the corners properly and I got a lot of penalties because of this. Well, yeah, maybe it's my fault, but when I can't see anything, then it gets a bit trickier to avoid corner cutting

SnoxE

Pro Karter
Aug 3, 2018

Hi, so sorry for causing this whole slaughter. I was battling for my just-lost position with thomasooo but he pushed me wide into turn 6 and as I didn't want to lose so much time to him I immediately tried to get back into better track position but as it turned out, MisterJasper was there already, which I didn't realize and we all know what happened next :/.
Unfortunately that pretty much concludes the mess which was caused due to this accident. Again really sorry for everyone, whose races got disrupted/ruined.

P.S.

Retired on lap 3 due to a close contact with wall on the main straight.

Julio Massa 5522

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 2, 2018
Well, I think guys, that you should take it to the stewards panel, and we'll see what happens further. That's just my opinion though

Kippetje

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 30, 2018
After a decent quali, it all went south in lap 1 :(

Start was pretty good, no lost positions & starting to create small gap.

Unfortunately, in sector 2, MisterJasper & SnoxE collided... creating a giant wall of car. I happened to be one of the first behind them and had to pick a side to dodge them, decided to go right based on how the cars were moving. SnoxE, probably trying to get out of the way suddenly turned right. Squeezing me and damaging my front wing. This is especially unfortunate on this track due to the possible strategies. I honestly hadn't check what the best course of action would be so I decided I would pit directly for US & fixing my wing. (it's what the game proposed)

As I made my way into the pits right behind mtw1man, the game suddenly gave me a 5s stop-go penalty for corner cutting the last turn! This was of course served right away, messing up the strategy even more.

At around turn 16 my front-left was at 41% and it became clear that I wouldn't be able to decently drive without losing many more positions and I decided I'd pit for hypersofts. From there I figured I might as well finally claim my first "fastest lap" since there was nothing else to gain beyond that point. In the end I got P8 after the other penalties were applied.

Video of lap 1:

Reactions: Ryderpx

Kippetje

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 30, 2018
From my POV, once a crash occurs I think the best course of action to limit damage to other players is to try to stay as still as possible, don't make sudden movements if you can avoid it, especially in a lap 1 scenario. Blocking people is better than causing them damage. I agree this should be taken to the stewards looking at Jasper's POV, my damage is more "aftermath" related imo.

Kippetje

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 30, 2018
@frico241 I noticed you doing some major corner cutting during qualifying, probably trying to gain time. Once instance was very obvious in terms of intent. Please note that this isn't allowed!