PS4 - Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix - [10/02/2019 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix - [10/02/2019 8PM UK]

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sochi Autodrom
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Sean FAP Belkom

S16 AOR PS4 F2 Champion
Jul 4, 2018
Ahhhh Russia
Трек Thats печально известен тем, что срезает угол и ненавидит всех поклонников. выглядит хорошо здесь, поэтому мы увидим, где заканчиваются корабли

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
Russia Ruminations

Qualifying Position: 3rd
Finishing Position: 13th

There was plenty of time to reflect on various things in the Russian GP as I spent most of the race on my own, caused by things outside my control. While I'm disappointed about throwing away any chance of good points, I'm sort of happy with the fact that I was able to do similar lap times to the leading driver of @Sean FAP Belkom.

More silver linings can be found in the qualifying performance which was probably the best I've had all season. A 1.29.6 was a very good lap, considering that we still had 4-5 minutes left in the session. I sort of bottled the timing because I didn't have time for a 3rd run but to be honest, I don't think I would have improved a lot anyway.

Race was to start in heavy rain conditions which I was really looking forward to. However, at the start of the formation lap, I noticed something was wrong with my connection as everyone was lagging around me. I had hoped it would go away as time passed but unfortunately, it didn't.

My initial getaway was very good because #padhacks, but the first lag spike happened immediately and I let off the throttle a little bit. This meant I dropped down to 6th place and things were looking very bad. I couldn't concentrate on my driving at all as I had to negotiate low visibility, low traction and heavy lag all at the same time.

Soon enough, in an interesting turn of events, liens decided to intervene with the race and somehow I fell off the track for a few seconds and teleported back to the DRS straight in the middle of the track. This meant I dropped down to last place and I was losing hope with no sign of improvement in the connection.

More misery was soon to be had when yet another desync moment caused @RC Sam14's car to hit with mine in a way that put me into the wall and broke my front wing. Absolutely no blame to Sam here and I felt something like this was inevitable to happen.

After that my race was pretty much ruined for I had to do an additional pit stop with too little time to make any ground without a Safety Car. The track was drying though which did help me a little bit with the timing of the second pit stop but ultimately, the damage was already done.

I was mentally checked out for the last 10 laps or so but I still felt my pace was fairly decent and I didn't get a single warning in the dry period of the race. Brought the car home in P14 with time penalties elevating me up to P13 but it did little to comfort me.

Hopefully I will have these connection issues sorted out by the time we race again in two weeks. It's frustrating to have your race ruined by something that is not exactly in your control.

Congrats to the winners as per usual. @Sean FAP Belkom continues to race like an absolute animal and surely he has the championship in the bag now.

See ya in two weeks time in Japan!

In case someone hasn't seen it yet, here's the moment aliens took me:

• Kappa
Reactions: Sean FAP Belkom

leefindlay04

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Russia Ruminations

Qualifying Position: 3rd
Finishing Position: 13th

There was plenty of time to reflect on various things in the Russian GP as I spent most of the race on my own, caused by things outside my control. While I'm disappointed about throwing away any chance of good points, I'm sort of happy with the fact that I was able to do similar lap times to the leading driver of @Sean FAP Belkom.

More silver linings can be found in the qualifying performance which was probably the best I've had all season. A 1.29.6 was a very good lap, considering that we still had 4-5 minutes left in the session. I sort of bottled the timing because I didn't have time for a 3rd run but to be honest, I don't think I would have improved a lot anyway.

Race was to start in heavy rain conditions which I was really looking forward to. However, at the start of the formation lap, I noticed something was wrong with my connection as everyone was lagging around me. I had hoped it would go away as time passed but unfortunately, it didn't.

My initial getaway was very good because #padhacks, but the first lag spike happened immediately and I let off the throttle a little bit. This meant I dropped down to 6th place and things were looking very bad. I couldn't concentrate on my driving at all as I had to negotiate low visibility, low traction and heavy lag all at the same time.

Soon enough, in an interesting turn of events, liens decided to intervene with the race and somehow I fell off the track for a few seconds and teleported back to the DRS straight in the middle of the track. This meant I dropped down to last place and I was losing hope with no sign of improvement in the connection.

More misery was soon to be had when yet another desync moment caused @RC Sam14's car to hit with mine in a way that put me into the wall and broke my front wing. Absolutely no blame to Sam here and I felt something like this was inevitable to happen.

After that my race was pretty much ruined for I had to do an additional pit stop with too little time to make any ground without a Safety Car. The track was drying though which did help me a little bit with the timing of the second pit stop but ultimately, the damage was already done.

I was mentally checked out for the last 10 laps or so but I still felt my pace was fairly decent and I didn't get a single warning in the dry period of the race. Brought the car home in P14 with time penalties elevating me up to P13 but it did little to comfort me.

Hopefully I will have these connection issues sorted out by the time we race again in two weeks. It's frustrating to have your race ruined by something that is not exactly in your control.

Congrats to the winners as per usual. @Sean FAP Belkom continues to race like an absolute animal and surely he has the championship in the bag now.

See ya in two weeks time in Japan!

In case someone hasn't seen it yet, here's the moment aliens took me:

At the start when I was next to you, you were lagging a lot on my screen so I was praying that you wouldn’t lag into me

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
At the start when I was next to you, you were lagging a lot on my screen so I was praying that you wouldn’t lag into me
Yeah, I know. I was being extremely cautious with everyone because I didn't want to ruin anyone's race with my lag which fortunately didn't happen.

Sean FAP Belkom

S16 AOR PS4 F2 Champion
Jul 4, 2018
Yeah, I know. I was being extremely cautious with everyone because I didn't want to ruin anyone's race with my lag which fortunately didn't happen.
I was just hoping for a enormous carnage Which didnt happen. You just let down the handsome Dutch prick With Dutch meat balls