PC - Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix [10/02/3019 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix [10/02/3019 08:00PM]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sochi Autodrom
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Katrer
@Levingston
@Frihman

Last edited:

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
Don't like this track at all, but I'm looking to bounce back after a disappointing race in Singapore!

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Only 6 more races to go! Which means a few people are now officially out of the running for the championship. Only the top 10 in the standings (@Beyond and above) are still able to become this season's champion.

@DwergC is on a roll, managing to get on the podium for the last 3 races, even winning the last two! But he's 80 points behind championship leader @Sweatu, who, after a good start of the season, has only managed to pick up 1 podium in the last 6 races. Is he losing momentum?
Another driver who's been getting good results recently is @xDerpOG, who has made a bit of a habit of getting on the podium in the second half of the season.
Still in the running as well are @MrPanda-6 & @boxen who both have been getting consistent results for the whole season and have a fair chance of challenging Sweatu if they keep their results up!

BlackPanthor

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2018
Its time to bounce back and fight for a spot in the top 5 standings :) end-game will start from now :D

boxen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2017
Me neither, had some problems with my pc and dont want to risk it.

BlackPanthor

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2018
Not the race i was hoping for… losing fait in myself right now as i make to many mistakes on my own.. sorry to @E4SY for the crash. Tyre temperatures were to hot

E4SY

Pro Karter
Apr 3, 2018
idk i always have screen freezes during the AOR races.

I really had the pace today just had 1 good quali run fucked up the second one and didnt manage to cross the line in time coz i got held by am force india warming up.
Got an broken wing in lap 6 which u can see in panthors video ... 5 second stop and go coz neil was off the track and i past him ... THX CODEMASTERS!
If the laggs during the races continue im not sure if i want to finish the season.

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Not much to say here, to be honest.

I couldn't get a good lap in qualy, so I got P10 after two consecutive laps, with nearly two seconds gap to pole sitter @Sweatu. I wasn't so much off pole even in Australia, when I was scared and slow in general. Congratulations!

Race start was decent, took it cautious towards turn 1 and it paid off. I was slower than guys ahead of me in the opening laps, but I started to regain time. Was nice battling @BlackPanthor @cata82 and managing the gap to @Neil Bywater until himself and @djole74 colided offering free positions to everyone.

Hypers were overheating but I managed to stay in P7 prior to my pit stop. I decided to stop quite early, in Lap 7 and change to Ultra tyre. I felt really nice on these tyres, they did not overheat and degradation was on point so I could keep my momentum.

The second stint was uneventful, other than me taking positions from @DwergC and @defisparta who (I assume) stopped off the schedule. I saw @Diallo switching to Hyper tyres towards the end of the race. Having a 6-sec time penalty I tried to stay ahead as much as I could, but he was gaining steadily. I was surprised that Sweatu stopped in the closing laps as well and couldn't catch the pace, so I was catching him with 15+ lap old Ultras.

I was so much focused on gap to Diallo that I didn't bother attacking Sweatu. Annoying as hell, I got a third time penalty going out on the back straight in the last lap, but I take it. The car was stable, I loved the setup I made so it was a nice drive tonight with everyone.

Congratulations to Diallo for his maiden win! That was well deserved.
Congratulations to Sweatu for his qualy show and podium!

So happy to take seventh in Constructors from Ferrari!
And also I got sixth in Drivers', I would never believe that! :D

Highlights when I get some spare time.

xDerpOG

Formula Karter
Jun 17, 2016
That was incredibly frustrating...

I couldn't get a clean lap in qualifying and started P9. I then got a huge lag spike going into T1 on lap 1 and it teleported me to the back of the field. I managed to recover a few positions from there but then got into a bit of a battle with @cata82 and soon after got some front wing damage which I fixed when I stopped. After the pit stop I had some clean air to put my foot down. Not too long after I caught up to the back of @earicx and we battled for a quite a few laps as neither of us could break out of DRS. I then got a questionable illegal overtake on him when we were battling (I have made a stewards inquiry about it) but shortly after he retired. The rest of the race was pretty uneventful. @Diallo emerged from the pits a couple seconds ahead of me and while I stayed with him for the rest of the race, I couldn't get within DRS.

Congrats @Diallo on the win, very well played. @Sweatu and @Mali Baćo congrats on the podiums.

Diallo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 12, 2017
I still can't find the right words.
What a roller coaster ride of emotions. Qualification completely thrown away and probably my time wouldn't have been much better than the only time evaluated. Then the conscious decision to start on US tyres to use the HS tyres at the end of the race. Then the long-distance duel against the drivers on places 4, 5, 6 and 7 to be in front of them on the track after my pit stop again. But I also didn't expect anybody to drive into the pits twice like @Sweatu and @defisparta . The 10 seconds gap to @Mali Baćo after my pit stop was reduced to about 4 seconds by the end of the race. No time penalty for me in this race has sealed the result.

Thank you for your congratulations and kind words.
At this point I would like to thank my @team, you did a great job the whole weekend. You showed what's in the car and what's possible if you believe in it and do everything you can. Thanks to all the @fans in the stands and on TV. You are great.