PS4 - Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix [15/12/19 8PM UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix [15/12/19 8PM UK Time]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Jason007

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 15th December 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sochi Autodrom
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Jason007
@Joost (Pending)
@Graeme Weston (Pending)
@Bajer7928
@ramma

Last edited:

Jason007

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Unfortunately I will not be racing tonight fellas! If someone could get screenshots or footage of qualy and race results that would be awesome!
Good luck to all!

Reactions: ColinRMason

L3W1_UK

Pro Karter
Aug 22, 2018
Getting pretty fucking fed up at this now.
Very much in need for a break.

The lag is getting worse compared to start of the season. Opening lap is worst than online lobby's.
Start P3 tonight and get dived bomb down into T1. Spin around, lose all the wing pretty much 45 secs plus back. Just an absolute joke.

Fernando Fio

Pro Karter
Jul 30, 2019
Hey guys I’m out of home and my flight was during the race that’s why I didn’t tell you . Sorry
I’m in Brazil Becouse I’m gone fight here . I’m professional fighter . Sorry again to miss the race

ColinRMason

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 4, 2019
Q: 5th
R: 5th

Unbelievably close qualifying! Less than a tenth front row. Bit disappointed as I was 3 tenths up on my second run until I invalidated lap with few corners to go.

First corner of race was mental! I had a relatively decent getaway but had to back out a bit to avoid Ferraris who were either side of me!

Then an over ambitious Renault went down inside of first corner hitting a haas. The haas then spun in front of me and I had nowhere to go!

Pitted at end of lap 1 for new front wing and hard tyres coming out last but one!
I then managed to keep hard tyres on until end of race finishing in 5th. Pretty pleased with the result considering first corner! Soild points again!

Absolutely loving this league. Just wish I joined years ago!!

Thanks again to everyone! And well done to the podium guys! Great drives!

See you at Japan!!

Bashful4

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Q: P6
R: P7

It was an Ok qualy for me as i didnt practice much this week.

The race start was good gaining a position to @ColinRMason, then in P5 i was just trying save some ERS and following my teammate @Pxcam. Eventually in lap 2 @Pxcam overtake @DonSteeringwheel and i made the same, it was hard to keep up with my teammate but it went good until lap 4 were has @Pxcam was closer on P2 @derrick, when my teammate made the overtake, i made it to, however when me and @derrick got side by side on a tight corner, i should slower down to 1st gear instead of 2nd and we touch and i spun, sorry for that derrick, it looks like i give some space, but it was tight, my bad.

Things got even worse when i spun again on lap 7 i think, when my tyres lock a bit and i loose control, I pitted that lap for yellow tyres and made a few overtakes until the end, happy with the result, but dissapointed with my 2 mistakes that cost me the podium.

Congrats on @Kellvinnr3, @Pxcam and @DonSteeringwheel.

Heres the video.

xGATECRASHERx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Did a pb in last few seconds of Q to start the race in 9th.

That's the highlight. Race ruined after turn 1

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Sorry guys but yesterday I lost the braking point. I know that it was an error, but while I was on the right I didn't see the braking point, so I tried to brake when I saw other cars braking. I know that it was my error so I'm very sorry.

DonSteeringwheel

Formula Karter
Jul 19, 2019
Qualifying P4
Race P3

The qualifying was incredible. I found myself for a moment in P2 and hoped that everyone was already done with their laps but there were @L3W1_UK and @djl850 with times of 0.001 and 0.003 faster than me so that it was P4 for me.

For the race the start was incredible. A long straight up to turn one and I had the feeling everything was fine until the crash happened there. This time I wasn't hit and being honest.. I can't tell you how lucky I was because the flying Haas and Renault who should've taken me out absolutely were just ghosting in that moment for me (you can see it in the video). So I was for a moment in P3 but got overtaken first by @Pxcam before the back straight and @Bashful4 on the end of the back straight. I was pretty comfy in P5 then trying to stay close to the front guys while @MrRobinhx was behind me with a consistent pace. In lap four @Bashful4 spun in the corner after the back straight while trying to overtake @djl850 so that I was in P4. I went to pit a lap earlier than my teammate as he didn't go and found myself in smaller traffic with @Salvo Failla in front of me for half of a lap. @djl850 came out of the pits in front of me as expected and so I was comfortably behind him. Unhappily he spun then in lap 14 which put me into P3 but was costing us a few points as a team. Up from that point the race was kind of boring. I tried to close the gap to @Pxcam from 7sec down to 3sec as he had a penalty but ended up with a gap of 0.4sec to him in P3 in the end.

Congrats to @Kellvinnr3 for the win and also for winning the WDC if my calculations aren't wrong.

I wish you all a great Christmas time and hope to see you all in the New Year for our last few races of the season :)

Kellvinnr3

S18 AOR PS4 F10 Champion
Sep 10, 2017
Q1
P1
Had a good qualification run, was not enjoying this track during practice so happy to manage this result.

Race was steady, got a bit nervous when I saw @Bashful4 spin. I needed him to finish 9th or lower to take the titel before Christmas. So all to play for in Japan.