Round 16 - Russian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

*BANNER HERE*

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 15th December 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sochi Autodrom
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

*TRACK GRAPHICS HERE*

Confirmed no-shows:
- @AngelofAwe
- @Patrick Schindler
- @Thezz

Last edited:

Jordy van Oosten

F1 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2016
after 1 practice race, ranking up 24 sec in corner cutting penaltys i can say with confidence that im not gonna stay penalty free this race haha

AngelofAwe

Pro Karter
Oct 21, 2019
after 1 practice race, ranking up 24 sec in corner cutting penaltys i can say with confidence that im not gonna stay penalty free this race haha
I may be penalty free but I'm slow as a hippo (actually those are pretty quick) around this track and since I don't risk the stupid track limits.
Also the track feels slippery in sector 3 and... I just hate it in general.

Jordy van Oosten

F1 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2016
I may be penalty free but I'm slow as a hippo (actually those are pretty quick) around this track and since I don't risk the stupid track limits.
Also the track feels slippery in sector 3 and... I just hate it in general.
tbh i used to hate it. but i recently got new pedals and apparently (almost) found the right setup so im actually liking it haha

AngelofAwe

Pro Karter
Oct 21, 2019
I'll have to sit this one out, been ill and more or less asleep for half a week. Back next week though.
Well that or dead, we'll see when the time comes.

• Informative
Reactions: Biolite80

Thezz

Pro Karter
Dec 12, 2016
I’m stuck at campus with a assignment that I thought would be finished a lot faster than it is so it looks like I won’t make it :( Russia is like my fav track.

• Informative

Sam Penfold

Formula Karter
Nov 28, 2017
Well I still kinda enjoyed the race even after a crap first lap. There was some hefty time penalties given to some!
Not sure why @Zarra slammed his anchors on in an acceleration zone, but that put an end to my race.

Jubilax

Pro Karter
May 28, 2019
Finally!! After 16 rounds of the season got the pole position and finished 1st... My pace was quite good in the beginning. I was opening the gap till the 7th or8th lap however people behind me catch me really fast after those laps. I finished 4 or 5 Second behind @BoxAFrog but he had 20 plus time penalty where ı had only 3 second. Overall Congrats to everyone I am relieved before the season ends :) See you guys at Japan Cheers

Last edited:

Zarra

Formula Karter
Mar 23, 2017
sorry to everyone who got tangled up in the crash i lost control over the car and then i got hit from behind by sam

Sam Penfold

Formula Karter
Nov 28, 2017
Finally!! After 16 rounds of the season got the pole position and finished 1st... My pace was quite good in the beginning. I was opening the gap till the 7th or8th lap however people behind me catch me really fast after those laps. I finished 4 or 5 Second behind @BoxAFrog but he had 20 plus time penalty where ı had only 3 second. Overall Congrats to everyone I am relieved before the season ends :) See you guys at Japan Cheers
Congratulations on your first win!

• Friendly
Reactions: Jubilax

Sam Penfold

Formula Karter
Nov 28, 2017
its hard to drive on a pad and I want to get a wheel but I dont have any room for it :(
I recommend the PlaySeat Challenge. I used to live in a flat so had to pack my wheel up when not using it. But I have a games room now and I still have the same seat, I find it really comfy and solid enough for my fanatec wheel and pedals!
It’s not too pricey either!

Jordy van Oosten

F1 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2016
@peter bit late to mention this, but your racing is a bit tryhard man, youre taking a shitload of risks when running close to others. When youre attempting an overtake try to keep it within the lines, going down the inside and then completely missing the turn can happen once, just dont do it every damn time you try to do an overtake. learn to be patient, youve seen me make a mistake in the first laps of the race, i might have made another mistake and you would've gotten the position anyway.

• Agree