Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Round 16 - United States Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 7th September 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Last edited:

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I should be able to make it to this one guys although I will be out all day for work charity event so you never know. So if I am not online around half 7 then assume I will not race.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
I will attend again the apex races, cause last weekend I was away on holiday. This surely going to be another great battle at the front. :D

Reactions: Kris P Bacon

JoeViiZaa

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Good race, had a lot of fun batlling with Andrei, My team mate and Brodway. Hoping to get that unfair penalty removed so i can be reinstated to 3rd place.

Reactions: Kris P Bacon

Kris P Bacon

Reigning AOR PC Split 4 Champion
Premium Member
Jun 6, 2014
After a week of driving a bunch of not-F1 cars on not-F1 games, I was hopelessly unprepared for this race. Qualifying went shockingly bad, compounded by the fact that FRAPS was giving me random lag spikes. Last, and over three seconds off the pace.

Race went surprisingly well. Except for outbraking myself 50% of the time in to the last corner, I managed to remember how to drive, and I had some nice battles. I felt so confident on the brakes in to T12, made overtaking a lot easier. FRAPS started giving me more issues at the start of the race, so I had half a lap with it turned off, then when I resumed recording everything was fine. Weird.

Four things of note in the video: At 5:50, I knocked poppleton pretty hard in to the last corner, but he seemed unaffected. I lifted, short-shifted and lean fuelled to make sure I kept my distance down the pit straight, but sorry for the tap anyway :) At 10:20, I tried to pull a Daniel Ricciardo on Beyond, but it was too late to make the move, so I missed my braking point completely. Luckily no one was affected. 10:45, Scotch made two moves along the straight. I was fine with it (I still got passed :p), but it might raise concerns if you do it too often. Then at 12:00 I went off the track while overtaking Multi, whose tyres looked royally fucked, so I lifted and let him through there.

Overall, a very fun race for me, especially towards the end with poppleton. We seem to be battling a lot lately, haha :p Congratulations to Husain and the rest of the podium finishers. Shame about the McLaren penalties, hopefully we can sort that out.

Full race and some qually in description

Last edited:

scotchtape20

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2014
After a week of driving a bunch of not-F1 cars on not-F1 games, I was hopelessly unprepared for this race. Qualifying went shockingly bad, compounded by the fact that FRAPS was giving me random lag spikes. Last, and over three seconds off the pace.

Race went surprisingly well. Except for outbraking myself 50% of the time in to the last corner, I managed to remember how to drive, and I had some nice battles. I felt so confident on the brakes in to T12, made overtaking a lot easier. FRAPS started giving me more issues at the start of the race, so I had half a lap with it turned off, then when I resumed recording everything was fine. Weird.

Four things of note in the video: At 5:50, I knocked poppleton pretty hard in to the last corner, but he seemed unaffected. I lifted, short-shifted and lean fuelled to make sure I kept my distance down the pit straight, but sorry for the tap anyway :) At 10:20, I tried to pull a Daniel Ricciardo on Beyond, but it was too late to make the move, so I missed my braking point completely. Luckily no one was affected. 10:45, Scotch made two moves along the straight. I was fine with it (I still got passed :p), but it might raise concerns if you do it too often. Then at 12:00 I went off the track while overtaking Multi, whose tyres looked royally fucked, so I lifted and let him through there.

Overall, a very fun race for me, especially towards the end with poppleton. We seem to be battling a lot lately, haha :p Congratulations to Husain and the rest of the podium finishers. Shame about the McLaren penalties, hopefully we can sort that out.

Highlights tomorrow, full race and some qually the day after
I was trying to figure out what you were saying about the 2 moves, but I decided to wait for the video... then I remembered! I did 2 moves because I went to defend the inside line, but when I looked back, you were not gaining that much on me, so I went back to the racing line... I was not attempting to block you, and I'm sorry if it looked like it. Maybe I misjudged your speed too I don't know, although I was well aware of the dual line change, I thought it would be okay since you were not that close to me (as I saw it).

No blocking intended, sorry if I impeded you, my mistake.

JamieFoppele

Assetto Corsa Skin Creator
Jan 13, 2014
I was very happy with the quali, starting 3th on the grid is the best I've had for some races and being one of the few in the 1:35's felt really good. Unfortunately I had a DRS faillure when I wanted to start my 2nd quali lap, so I was not able to improve my poor first sector.

At the race start I made a major mistake, locking up and bumping Brodway of the track, I rejoined almost at the back and from that moment I lost all the pace I had. No idea why I was so slow during the race and it's definately very disappointing. Another learn moment and I'll definately improve on that next season.

See you next week at the last race of the season! :)

Video

Kris P Bacon

Reigning AOR PC Split 4 Champion
Premium Member
Jun 6, 2014
I was trying to figure out what you were saying about the 2 moves, but I decided to wait for the video... then I remembered! I did 2 moves because I went to defend the inside line, but when I looked back, you were not gaining that much on me, so I went back to the racing line... I was not attempting to block you, and I'm sorry if it looked like it. Maybe I misjudged your speed too I don't know, although I was well aware of the dual line change, I thought it would be okay since you were not that close to me (as I saw it).

No blocking intended, sorry if I impeded you, my mistake.
It was probably lag then. On my screen, you moved left and I followed for your slipstream, then when I got close enough to pass I moved right, but you moved right like 0.2 seconds later. I thought you were defending since it was a sudden move, but it was probably just lag, so no problem :)

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Congratz to Joe on removing the penalty, as you were dangerously fast and had quite some chances in this 3 way battle. Also as I told you on steam, great defending husain, but you were quite laggy so it was hard to overtake, which I managed to do once, but after it I did a mistake where I almost lost even the 2nd place. I managed to recover, but after this our pace was on par so I couldn't overtake, as in the first two stints I was a bit faster. Anyway let's hope for another great battle in Brazil, as I really started to like this Split 3 a lot! Now I get to understand Marco's saying, that it's best Split of all. :D