Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Yas Marina Circuit
Abu Dhabi
Race Length:155.4km
Circuit Direction:Anti-Clockwise
Laps:28
Date:16th March 2014
Time:20:00 GMT

[results="width:523px;height:370px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhudHhBUWJkXzd5MHdZOEtiTU1FUnc&u ange=B2%3AK18&chrome=false&single=true&gid=70[/results]​​
TeamSpeakWe strongly encourage all drivers to install and use TeamSpeak for communication with other drivers and your co-ordinator. Having all drivers logged on to the ARL F1 2013 channel before a race helps the admins to organise the session and means you'll be kept up to date with invites and restarts. You don't have to use or have a microphone.
Address: alexgillon.com Password - AOR2014
Rules & RegulationsAll races organised by ARL are run under our Rules & Regulations. Please make sure you have read and are familiar with them before racing.

aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Results
[results="width:940px;height:520px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhudHhBUWJkXzd5MHdZOEtiTU1FUnc&w idget=true&range=B2%3AF22&gid=94&single=true&chro me=false[/results]

Raiden

Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
Crap qualifying, lost positions at the start, weird race, broke my wing on lap 24 and then again on lap 27 at the same damn corner (the outer one before the pit entry, where it just launches you if you hit the wrong cm). Retired and was spectating the race when I had a powercut, the PC restarted, so it was gonna be a DNF for me anyway. :(

Had some hairy moments while battling with Dark Lord. If I hit you, it wasn't intentional, your car was lagging like hell around me. I even announced it on TS. It was pretty much similar as in Granu's video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBRENtSxF3c&feature=youtu.be. But for me, your car was going off track and then teleporting at the apex and on the straights.

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Yea, there was definitely some issue with my game here. Just went the same speed as Ownage over the first 2 stints in another race.

No idea what it was yet though.. I'm making a comparison video.

Jan 14, 2014
Here is the race in my point of view. I practice in Time Trial mode and found a setup morning of the race day. Then I went out and came home 25 minutes before the race. So there was no way to fight against podium finisher beasts. Thanks for strategy advice to Gaston and Dark Lord. I congratulate my teammate Gaston for another podium and Jeroen for victory.

Xephyr

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2014
Charts! The 'Gaps' chart is the one that Alex used to do where it shows relative track position: so where 2 lines cross those cars swapped positions on track.
Please don't retire during qualy
You were impeded by Granu's car on your final lap I believe, I don't think he retired.Both Granu and I were driving very slowly back to the pits after abandoning our final flying laps. The game kicked me to the scorescreen at the end of the back straight, I can only assume the same happened to Granu as he was doing the same as I was through sector 1 and driving back to the pits.

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Well, me and Ownage have just done some investigating into my issues. (Thank you)

It seems I did have some sort of issue, because in the other race that we did today, I am capable of matching Ownage's times, half a second a lap faster on average.
However, on comparing the videos, the actual evidence is inconclusive. It's just not possible to tell what's going on. It's not worth investigating any more, since it's already happened anyway.

My theory? I think I had a small setup glitch. Just like Ownage had a few races ago where one of his gears was messed up, I think that happened to me with something like suspension or balance. The actual setup looked fine, but I think it loaded something wrong.

Anyway, big dissapointment because we missed out on an epic title decider battle, but hopefully the next race is more fun! :D

Also, like Ownage said, please do not retire during qualy. Drive back to the pits.

EDIT:
Oh, but this is the comparison video anyone, for anyone who is interested:
[video=youtube;fxgkiwviTdI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxgkiwviTdI[/video]

And this was my final qualy lap, which I swear should have been faster. My theoretical PB was a .1. The lap looks very good, but only yields a .7:
[video=youtube;MXUGE5noF9E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXUGE5noF9E[/video]

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
I feel like having some sort of issue with the game nearly entire season :-D

Fat1st

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2014
This gears glitch is happening every race to me, I am just clicking 2 times on the gears to have the right gears.
I always check my setup and it is just glitching the gears, never happened to other setting like suspension or balance.
Alex, just understand that you were just slower than ownage this time.

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Fat1st;n21834 said:
This gears glitch is happening every race to me, I am just clicking 2 times on the gears to have the right gears.
I always check my setup and it is just glitching the gears, never happened to other setting like suspension or balance.
Why would it just be limited to gears? Gearing just happens to also be the only one that is directly linked to a speed, the rest are just numbers.

I've got no problem being slower than Ownage, I have been before and I will be again. But that's not the point. I was consistently half a second per lap faster both before and after the league race, with the same setup. I was slower than myself. I don't make half a second worth of mistakes per lap. I barely make that per race usually..

I'm not moaning - that would be pointless. The race is done. I just wanted to get to the bottom of why and then let you guys know if you were interested.

Jan 14, 2014
Fat1st;n21834 said:
Alex comes up with evidences, you just say that that's never happened to you. There is something wrong, he tries to show us this in case of the possibility of repeating of the problem. Thank you Alex for sharing with us, I've been having a similar problem in my other league and I've had this kind of response from others. Most of people do not believe lap times unfortunately, even if it is clear. I'll double check, maybe make the setup manually. Thanks again.

Smuffler

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 20, 2014
Here's the Box Box Box treatment for the Abu Dhabi race, commentated as usual:

[video=youtube;83cSSNNrDh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83cSSNNrDh8[/video]