PS4 - Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix [05/01/20 8PM UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix [05/01/20 8PM UK Time]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 5th January 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Course
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Joost (Pending)
@Antonio Sapienza
@Pxcam
@xGATECRASHERx
@Bashful4
@Da Eagle
@Graeme Weston

Last edited:

Da Eagle

Formula Karter
Jan 6, 2015
I'm sorry guys, I would've loved to race this one but I'm down with the flu.

DonSteeringwheel

Formula Karter
Jul 19, 2019
Qualifying P4
Race DNF

Disappointing result in the end but it was by far my best race of the season until lap 27. I had some great battles all over the race with @MrRobinhx @ColinRMason @Fernando Fio and really enjoyed the close racing. Learned my lesson as I tried to push with worn out softs on the exit of the backstraight and put my car into the wall on the left side. Sad for the 12 points and not a good day for our team but I’m sure that experience will help in the future!

Congrats to @Kellvinnr3 for winning the WDC and see you all next week!

Reactions: ColinRMason

Bajer7928

Pro Karter
Oct 14, 2019
Qualifying: p5
Race: p1

Had a pretty disappointing qualifying and I think I could have fought for pole if it wasn't because I got my lap invalidated. I was quickest in sector 1 but then i messed up.

The race on the other hand was very very good. I overtook Donsteeringwheel into turn 1 so i was up to 4th, then i mad a very good move on the other Mercedes probably the best move i've ever made. Then i Followed the racing point and my team mate for a while until I managed to overtake the Racing Point into the hairpin, had great racing with those two guys. I was very close to overtake the new crowned champion on track. Congrats. But I overcut him and then secured the win.

Okeke21

Pro Karter
Apr 17, 2019
Qualifying: P1
Race: P6

Qualifying went well in the tricky conditions. Managed to pip @derrrick850 to pole on my final flying lap. Was weird because the game kept saying wets were the advised tyre to go out on, but the intermediates were faster from the start.

Onto the race, half of it was fun :ROFLMAO: @Kellvinnr3 was flying first lap and got me into the chicane at the end of the lap (was a top move). Then from there until the pitstops him, @Bajer7928 and I were locked in a battle, really great fun :D Kellvin and I pitted a lap earlier, and the undercut would of worked I felt, but out of the pitstops we were behind Derrick and @MrRobinx on old softs so we lost time and Bajer got back out of the pits in front of us. We were all close again but when Kellvin fell out of DRS for a couple laps, I tried overtaking him to hopefully then chase Bajer, but coming onto the main straight his late defensive move caused me to get wing damage and fall off track. He let me back through, but I struggled in Degner 2 and he got back through, so I just pitted onto soft tyres to try and get fastest lap, succeeded then Kellvin beat it and I failed to beat it again which was quite disappointing, kept messing up the hairpin and part of the esses in the first sector.

Congratulations on your first win Bajer :) And no hard feelings on the collision Kellvin, stuff like that happens, it's been a great challenge racing you so far this season and congratulations on P2 and your WDC! :) Congratulations to @WULF1_FIOF1 on P3 too :)

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Q: P9
R: P8
During the qualifying have tried the first attempt with the FW tyres, using the I for the last attempt, but the track was already very wet. Finishing the qualifiyng in top 10 was for me a good result because I had tried only 3-4 laps in Japan with the rain.
Except the contact at the start, the race was very funny. I was going crazy behind @Jason007 during laps 1,2 and 3. I tried to overtake him in every point of the track, but without DRS it was impossible. At lap 4, with DRS, i have overtook @Jason007 and @ramma . The battle with @MrRobinhx in last 5 laps was amazing, I was very close to him in the central part of the track, but on the straight he was faster than me.
See you all in Mexico ;) .

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q: P9
R: P8
During the qualifying have tried the first attempt with the FW tyres, using the I for the last attempt, but the track was already very wet. Finishing the qualifiyng in top 10 was for me a good result because I had tried only 3-4 laps in Japan with the rain.
Except the contact at the start, the race was very funny. I was going crazy behind @Jason007 during laps 1,2 and 3. I tried to overtake him in every point of the track, but without DRS it was impossible. At lap 4, with DRS, i have overtook @Jason007 and @ramma . The battle with @MrRobinhx in last 5 laps was amazing, I was very close to him in the central part of the track, but on the straight he was faster than me.
See you all in Mexico ;) .

Yeah; guess we had contact in the 1st corner. The game gave me a warning.
Hope i didn't spoil your race.

Reactions: ColinRMason