PS4 - ROUND 17 - Japanese Grand Prix [23/02/19 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 ROUND 17 - Japanese Grand Prix [23/02/19 8:00 PM U.K.]

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 24, 2016
Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 24th February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Course
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

xMtZx_

Formula Karter
Aug 18, 2018
Hello partners,

Finally I will participate. It was a pretty absurd heater the other week. I apologize for disturbing the chat. AOR is a top championship in all the levels.

See you tonight

FTR_Drez

S17 AOR PS4 F3 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
I know I was a bit inconsistent the last few races but this things cannot happen on a competitive league, I mean, What can I do ?

Reactions: xMtZx_

APeeeX_EU

Formula Karter
Nov 11, 2018
Thanks @FTR_Drez exactly what i wanted to say. At times I think I’m driving with idiots( sorry for that)
There are guys who prepare so much for a race and then there are others who prepare an hour before and destroy others races because you don’t really know how to drive. I can’t believe it, unreal

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
Whatever little motivation I had before the game is completely gone. Hadn't touched the game in 3 weeks but still the race was going pretty well. Until the damn game refused to release me from the pits Check out @TheogGR1’s Tweet:

Roadhouse

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2017
Thanks @FTR_Drez exactly what i wanted to say. At times I think I’m driving with idiots( sorry for that)
There are guys who prepare so much for a race and then there are others who prepare an hour before and destroy others races because you don’t really know how to drive. I can’t believe it, unreal
@APeeeX_EU I'm sorry I ended up pushing you wide in T2 on the 1st lap, can see from @FTR_Drez's view that it cost you a lot. I had nowhere to go as Francis' Renault was coming back on the track after overtaking off the track (again) round the outside of T1 and then lost the back end in front of me. I had to brake and turn in more than I wanted to, so on the exit I had you on my left and Guiggs on my right and couldn't go anywhere else. Sorry if it ruined your race though man

APeeeX_EU

Formula Karter
Nov 11, 2018
@APeeeX_EU I'm sorry I ended up pushing you wide in T2 on the 1st lap, can see from @FTR_Drez's view that it cost you a lot. I had nowhere to go as Francis' Renault was coming back on the track after overtaking off the track (again) round the outside of T1 and then lost the back end in front of me. I had to brake and turn in more than I wanted to, so on the exit I had you on my left and Guiggs on my right and couldn't go anywhere else. Sorry if it ruined your race though man
Yeah it was just an unlucky situation. With my post I wasn’t blaming you, it’s just an overall thing. We all had 2 weeks time to prefer and some of you guys trying to overtake on impossible positions on the track and every other car behind has to stop, then it is hard to race on the limit because you need to brake every corner so much earlier to get no damage.
If you can understand me.. that’s definitely no fun and on this level we should be able to know where to overtake ..

Roadhouse

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2017
Yeah it was just an unlucky situation. With my post I wasn’t blaming you, it’s just an overall thing. We all had 2 weeks time to prefer and some of you guys trying to overtake on impossible positions on the track and every other car behind has to stop, then it is hard to race on the limit because you need to brake every corner so much earlier to get no damage.
If you can understand me.. that’s definitely no fun and on this level we should be able to know where to overtake ..
Don't worry, I didn't think it was aimed at me, just wanted to apologise though because if you didn't know the ferrari was there it looks like I just shoved you off the track.

Reactions: APeeeX_EU

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying
Could have done with the break week taking the place of this race instead of the week before, thanks to the release of Dirt Rally 2.0 haha. So I had to try and quickly get back up to speed on Sunday.

Did two laps on the Mediums, improving by nearly a second on the second lap, before doing a final lap on the Softs. Finished with a 1:28.153 to qualify P16.

Race
I was cautious at the beginning just to make sure I got through it after all the Dirt Rallying I've been doing. Made up some positions from other incidents in the opening laps, just narrowly avoiding @Francis mcginn's wrecked car after 130R. Had a great battle with @TheogGR1 but just couldn't find a way past. He soon passed @FAP_Alex20 while I made an attempt at 130R. I'm still not 100% sure what happened, but unfortunately, it failed. Not sure if lag/desync/grass related, but he randomly slid in front of me on turn in, resulting in me getting a damaged wing and himself being sent to the barrier and crashing out. Sorry again for the end result.

I then quickly ended up dropping three places as moves were made on me straight away at the final chicane and at T1. I should have probably pitted straight away, as I went to pit that lap but my teammate @Roadhouse pitted! So I had to do another lap before finally pitting to fix the wing haha.

Came out in last place of P15 with the big goal of chasing the car ahead down. I got lucky thanks to retirements and by Lap 17 was up into P12, now 8.5 seconds behind the car ahead. Got some more luck on Lap 19 as @MikeTinus had trouble at the hairpin which let me get closer, whilst @Alex Shield pitted which put me into P11. I did manage to get the gap down to just over a second but ended up dropping back slightly. Lap 26 and it wasn't looking like I'd get any points, until more luck arrived! Not only did @JammyJames retire which put me up into P10, but @ELIT3_gam3boy had an incident on the final lap! I was on the back of him from the first Degner and battled to the end. Attempted a pass at 130R but couldn't do it. Tried at the final chicane but again couldn't do it, before the run to the line I just beat him to it by 0.028 seconds to claim P9! I'm still unsure if he actually let me past or not though, or perhaps ran out of fuel just before the line, but it was a close one!

I think it should have been a better race, but I'm glad it went okay in the end overall. Lucky to get points but I'll take it as always!

Reactions: FAP_Alex20