Dec 27, 2016
Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 24th February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Course
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @ClassicDelta

Reactions: Hubbadee

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
A thread 13 days in advance of the race, I don't know if I can handle this. :p

Lots of time to practise for this one. It's a track I've not actually raced much in this game for one reason or another.

Xterm1n8or

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 27, 2018
Lots of time to practise for this one. It's a track I've not actually raced much in this game for one reason or another.
Yeah I'm happy for the break as I need the extra practice. Suzuka is probably my favourite track to drive but I'm not very quick at it!

7 or 8 social races should do it. :D

Reactions: maxen

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
Yeah I'm happy for the break as I need the extra practice. Suzuka is probably my favourite track to drive but I'm not very quick at it!

7 or 8 social races should do it. :D
I feel the same way about it. Like it; not quick.

Good thing there's already one social race thread posted... :)

Reactions: Xterm1n8or

AlonsoFerrari3

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 27, 2018
Just saying I’ve a quali ban for this one. I’ve talked to the coordinator and I can do an outlap to make sure my set up is saved so no need to take me to the stewards if u see me out on track

Reactions: AMS Andrew

AMS Andrew

GP2 Reserve Driver
Sep 17, 2017
Just saying I’ve a quali ban for this one. I’ve talked to the coordinator and I can do an outlap to make sure my set up is saved so no need to take me to the stewards if u see me out on track
No worries mate I'm glad you're allowed to do this cos it'd be a pain in the rear if the game screwed you over by not applying your setup just cos you've a qualiban and were unable to check before the race. Good luck to everyone tonight I'll start the lobby at the usual time of 7:45pm UK time so I look forward to seeing you all there

Reactions: AlonsoFerrari3

AMS Andrew

GP2 Reserve Driver
Sep 17, 2017
I'm sorry to do this but I'm gonna have to withdraw from the season due to my Xbox developing a mechanical fault meaning it would be unwise for me to be on the track with you guys as the console freezing could cause issues for those around me. I'd like to thank AOR for having me and I hope to be back next season once I've sourced a replacement console. @Justin || Taz I hope this withdrawal doesn't put me on a blacklist of some sort as I love racing here and this is completely out of my control

Sims

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 28, 2018
I've been having internet issues, not speed related or ping, but my internet literally just turns off randomly every few hours. If I somehow dc in quali I'll be switching to my hotspot which has 45ping, 12 download and 5mb upload.

Reactions: AMS Rapid

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
Well, my race went exactly as the practice races predicted. See you all in Texas.

Hubbadee

Pro Karter
Sep 3, 2018
Oh that was a struggle tonight
Still hanging from last night.
Messed up my qualy so started on my messed up mediums from qualy

Ran them till lap 14 and stuck the softs on.

Then lost my wing and pitted for ss with 8 to go

Managed a 1.30.8 then and seemed ok

Suffered with engine noise from lap 9.
Headset kept cutting out

Just tried to stay out way tbh as u are all scrapping for points

Nice to pick up a point

See u next wk drivers

Xterm1n8or

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 27, 2018
I feel like everyone's bad luck must have changed to good luck for me or something.

I messed up qualifying as I accidentally left it in rich instead of max for half of my best lap,really lucky to nick 4th to be honest.

The first stint I had horrid oversteer, despite the same conditions and setup as the practice race where I had no troubles at all. I just couldn't keep up with Tom and Rapid so I pit early as the undercut is quite big.

Tom ended up coming out just ahead of me, but Rapid disappeared. Sucks to find out he had the pit stop glitch, stupid game.

I was just about able to follow Tom until late in the race and tried a desperate move round the outside into turn 1 to no avail, then I realised I had miscalculated my fuel and had to use lean for most of the last 4 laps.

At that point (about 2 seconds behind) I found out Tom had a 3 second penalty and somehow managed to drive probably my 3 best ever laps under pressure to finish 2.9 behind and win. Lucky.

GG to @Tom123FTW
No idea how @Ferrari3 finished 3rd after starting last, must have been an epic race mate, congrats!

Hard luck to @PXM Rapid and @Sims , it's just not right that these issues should be destroying your races, after all these weeks invested.

Will upload video highlights tomorrow.

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
Anyone know how to get ur stream if u stream on twitch
If you have the VOD saved, you can either download it or export straight to YouTube, I think. Or embed it to some sites (e.g. here) as the Twitch video itself.

AMS Andrew

GP2 Reserve Driver
Sep 17, 2017
Gutted I couldn't be there cos of my Xbox having issues. As I was looking forward to the race. Gutted for my friend @pxmgetting his title hopes destroyed by an unstable game. There is a chance I won't have to pull out depending on how quick a replacement console gets to me as I'll order it as soon as I get paid on Wednesday. Hoping it's quick as me and @Sims have a constructors title to fight for

Reactions: Xterm1n8or