Dec 9, 2016
Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 24th February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Course
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Last edited:

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Normally a track I'm good at just need the game to actualy work properly this time and not give me the brakes from an F2 car.

Any hope I had of Catching @Maxxwil or winning the championship has gone now so just need to concentrate on keeping 3rd place and hopefully impressing the special guest commentator. :p

Reactions: VictorWasa

VictorWasa

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 5, 2017
One of my favorite tracks. Love the flow and speed. Feels so good when you nail it!
I used to have a decent pace around here. Really excited about this one.

For some reason, my FFB is incredibly tough on this track. Just did a couple of laps in TT and my arms are done o_O

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Normally a track I'm good at just need the game to actualy work properly this time and not give me the brakes from an F2 car.

Any hope I had of Catching @Maxxwil or winning the championship has gone now so just need to concentrate on keeping 3rd place and hopefully impressing the special guest commentator. :p
I think you impress him by turning up. Meanwhile, any pace I have is greeted with derision :)

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Don't feel very fast round here after my first practice laps its a bit of a weird one because the track is so narrow so you feel like your right on the edge all the time then you cross the line and it says 1.28.0 and you think what I was right on the limit that lap I'm still not even in the 27s. :p

• Agree
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Don't feel very fast round here after my first practice laps its a bit of a weird one because the track is so narrow so you feel like your right on the edge all the time then you cross the line and it says 1.28.0 and you think what I was right on the limit that lap I'm still not even in the 27s. :p
I can't always get in the 28s so you think that's bad?

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
My fastest was 1:28.0 but now my best are always around 1:28.2 or 1:28.3. I did like a couple hundred laps though, and became very consistent in race conditions. The tyres don't die too quickly but they remain around 100° all the time. Thankfully though, I don't slide around everywhere like Singapore or Monaco as the temperature vary between sectors

Póki

Formula Karter
Jan 6, 2019
Unfortunately, I will not be in the race because I am coming back to school from the winter break and I have a lot to learn

• Informative
Reactions: Hinyaldee

VictorWasa

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Last week I put in about 250 laps in practice. Most were race runs, but I did some quali runs as well. Managed decent times. Was set to do a 27.0 but I cut the last corner somehow...
Love this track. I just hate the bump in the last corner, always puts me off. Very easy to bin it there..

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
I usually don't do that many laps. I just really enjoy this track, and i felt like my pace was pretty good here, so i wanted to make the best of it :D
That's the first time I do that many laps as well, but I was tired of struggling like crazy on thie awesome track. For the last corner, I hug the left side to avoid the bump, otherwise you need softer suspensions, but it unsettles your car for the esses