PC - Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix [24/02/2019 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix [24/02/2019 08:00PM]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Good race today guys!

I think the racing is cleaner now in our series than just a few races ago, do you agree?
Just no one whinging so much

In my experience (vast) it’s been one of the cleanest leagues I’ve been in so far. Perhaps I’ve been too far back to be involved so far.

Reactions: Mali Baćo

xDerpOG

Formula Karter
Jun 17, 2016
Well I really enjoyed that.

I qualified P3 after giving everything I had in qualy. I don't think I could have posted any faster time if I tried.

The start of the race was good. I held P3 until about lap 4 or 5 when @Neil Bywater overtook me. I started overheating my rears just shortly after that and on Lap 8 I decided to pit a lap early to go onto the Mediums. On that lap when I was approaching the last corner chicane, I locked up my rear tires and half spun which made me just barely cut the chicane and I got a 5 second stop and go penalty that I had to serve when I pulled into the pits right after. I emerged behind @Frihman and spent a few laps trying to pass. Eventually I did and the people who haven't stopped yet all eventually stopped and I emerged in P4 and stayed there until the end of the race in clean air. I don't think my penalty changed my finishing position in the end. I had about the same pace as the front 3 drivers and the gap was fluctuating between about 7-8 second to the @Neil Bywater in p3 for the last 10 or so laps.

Well done to @Sweatu on the win and @DwergC and @Neil Bywater on the podiums. See you all next week :)

BlackPanthor

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2018
Quali was good, P5 .
Then It all started… lights were out and i had mega start... even tho i didnt won any positions, then lap 5 my tyres were overheated to 105 degrees.. so i spun out yet again as usual.. and was at the back when i came in to the pits for mediums... later i made double overtake on @Levingston and @djole74 i think it was :) but had to pit then again at lap 18. Gave everything to catch the gusy , as i was in p13. Catched up then at lap 24 i overtook pandacruizer in secotr one , credits to him for that clean fight :D and then 2 laps later or 1 lap im not sure, i overtook @Mali Baćo also in sector 1... Not gonna lie but those overtakes felt amazing ^^ sadly enough i had 3 sec worth of penalties so pandacruizer took p10 away. GG to all of you ^^

Last edited:

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
A decent race for me, fairly happy, but not enough if I want to have a chance of climbing in the championship.

In qualifying I pretty much put out the best lap possible for me, so I am pretty happy.

In the race, my pace and management of the supers was fairly good, but my stint on the mediums was just a bit too slow. The reason behind this is most likely fear of pushing too hard and spinning the car, I need to be braver. All of my screen freezing isn't helping either, hopefully when I get a new CPU it will be resolved!

Good job @Neil Bywater on getting on the podium, now we are ahead of Toro Rosso :D

Also congrats to the others on the podium! @Sweatu @DwergC

earicx

Pro Karter
Sep 5, 2018
@Neil Bywater I started on the Softs and stretched them to lap 19 with good pace all the way, pitted for Supers. It ended up being a brilliant strategy for me starting P11 although initial plan was S + M

Reactions: Neil Bywater

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Congratulations to @Sweatu for pole position and race win. Congrats to @DwergC and @Neil Bywater for podium finishes!

I felt that I really underperformed here. Although I did three full practice sessions, the opening laps were terrible for me.

The start was one of the worst I ever did. I got overtaken by @Levingston and @defisparta right away so I held onto P9 with @earicx applying immense pressure on me.

Supersofts didn't work for me at all. I just didn't have the pace in the opening stint and I couldn't catch anybody. I stopped prematurely in Lap 7 because I spun out in the long left hander of Sector 1.

I never believed Mediums would last as long as they did. My race simulation showed much higher wear, but in the end the tyres were behaving well. I had a great scrap with @MrPanda-6 and I managed to pull a double overtake on him while @TheVerenzak was coming out of the pits.

Really nice battle with @Diallo and a great overtake by @BlackPanthor in the closing laps gave me only P12.

Panthor and myself are tied for seventh in Drivers and earicx has joined the party. I hope it will be a really tough fight towards the season end. And I also hope we will regain 7th from Ferrari!

Highlights will come out when I have time because university just kicked in.

cata82

Pro Karter
Sep 8, 2018
had freezes again ...
yeah, i saw you glitching away in front of me in the first couple of laps, to be honest i don't even know how i got past you: one corner i was behind you and the next one i was just in front. Weird!

This was one of the most fun races of the year for me, after botching up qualy and the start of the race, i was dead last after the first couple of corners. Then, bad luck for a couple of the guys in front of me as well as some super fights, for me at least, with @TheVerenzak , @djole74, @defisparta and a couple of others, i ended up in P7. Was catching up to @Frihman while we were both on Mediums but too little too late for a fight on track. He took a 3sec penalty and i finished in P6 though.

Super fun race with no mistakes other than the start and with lots of close fights.

Congrats for @Sweatu on the win and for @DwergC and @Neil Bywater on the podium.
See you all this Sunday!

BlackPanthor

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2018
dd
Congratulations to @Sweatu for pole position and race win. Congrats to @DwergC and @Neil Bywater for podium finishes!

I felt that I really underperformed here. Although I did three full practice sessions, the opening laps were terrible for me.

The start was one of the worst I ever did. I got overtaken by @Levingston and @defisparta right away so I held onto P9 with @earicx applying immense pressure on me.

Supersofts didn't work for me at all. I just didn't have the pace in the opening stint and I couldn't catch anybody. I stopped prematurely in Lap 7 because I spun out in the long left hander of Sector 1.

I never believed Mediums would last as long as they did. My race simulation showed much higher wear, but in the end the tyres were behaving well. I had a great scrap with @MrPanda-6 and I managed to pull a double overtake on him while @TheVerenzak was coming out of the pits.

Really nice battle with @Diallo and a great overtake by @BlackPanthor in the closing laps gave me only P12.

Panthor and myself are tied for seventh in Drivers and earicx has joined the party. I hope it will be a really tough fight towards the season end. And I also hope we will regain 7th from Ferrari!

Highlights will come out when I have time because university just kicked in.
The game is on guys ^^

Diallo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 12, 2017
... All of my screen freezing isn't helping either, hopefully when I get a new CPU it will be resolved!
I've had similar problems since December, and for the most part I've been able to keep them to a minimum with the NVIDIA Inspector. Maybe that can help one or the other. At least it's worth a try.
Download "NVIDIA Inspector", install it and set the FrameLimiter for F12018 to 59 fps. Please note that after each update of the Nvidia drivers the settings have to be re-adjusted.
I don't need to mention that an NVIDIA graphics card is required. ;)

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
I've had similar problems since December, and for the most part I've been able to keep them to a minimum with the NVIDIA Inspector. Maybe that can help one or the other. At least it's worth a try.
Download "NVIDIA Inspector", install it and set the FrameLimiter for F12018 to 59 fps. Please note that after each update of the Nvidia drivers the settings have to be re-adjusted.

View attachment 71867
View attachment 71868
You may be under driving the card or CPU at 59fps it could be dropping to low power mode temporarily. This is a know issue, it’s a bit counterintuitive. Because you aren’t driving hard enough it keeps sleeping and then having to wake up again when demand goes up. Keep the demand up and it never sleeps.

What CPU have you got?

I’m on an amd rx480. Although I run ultra low and no antialiasing to get 144fps ish with all if this tyre heat trouble. Yes it looks blocky and jagedy, but it drives as smooth and responsive as you could want.

I do have i7 7700k CPU which may help.

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018

View attachment 71867
View attachment 71868
Thanks for the help :D , but that's not really the solution I'm after unfortunately. I've already tried limiting the FPS but it doesn't help much and being at 60fps is disadvantageous because of the tyre wear bug. I'm rocking an i5 3570k and it's bottlenecking my 1070 quite a lot. It's time for an upgrade for me!

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
And here are the highlights

Suzuka Academy Awards go to:
@BlackPanthor - Best main actor
@MrPanda-6 - Best supporting actor
@earicx - Best short movie
@TheVerenzak - Best visual effects
@Diallo - Best screenplay

And me being a lunatic, writing haiku poems on every track and I didn't write it on its home track. So here is the conclusion:
Tyres overheat
Spun out in the first sector
Meds until the end

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Thanks for the help :D , but that's not really the solution I'm after unfortunately. I've already tried limiting the FPS but it doesn't help much and being at 60fps is disadvantageous because of the tyre wear bug. I'm rocking an i5 3570k and it's bottlenecking my 1070 quite a lot. It's time for an upgrade for me!
Not anymore patch 1.16 (perhaps, but bet they screwed something else seriously)