Oct 24, 2014
Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th February 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Course
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed Absences:
@F1_Dan
@nummer92
@Sean B

Last edited:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Haven't done a single lap around here on F1 2016, so this should go well for me.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Feels good to have a lot of practice done from the All Star race.

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016

if the race is wet (which is very likely) i will kill myself.

In the dry my pace should be good enough to compete for the top spots, but knowing from the allstar race practice Nervo and Aressi have some incredible pace here, so i hope that i won't lose too many points in the championchip.

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
Not sure how I will cope without the racing line but my favourite track on the calendar.

Getting 10th in the drivers' championship has to be a realistic aim now considering recent form.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
If it rains this week then Nervo will take back the championship lead. @alexukr I've never seen someone so good in the dry and so **** in the wet :rofl:

In all seriousness if @JIM-NervoTank could stop tripping over himself and Alex just continues his consistent run we could have a great showdown at Abu Dhabi

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
If it rains this week then Nervo will take back the championship lead. @alexukr I've never seen someone so good in the dry and so **** in the wet :rofl:

In all seriousness if @JIM-NervoTank could stop tripping over himself and Alex just continues his consistent run we could have a great showdown at Abu Dhabi
i don't know why, i was never a wet weather god but in canada and in Britian i was on the podium and had descent pace in the wet. I suppose it's something in my setup that is fundamentally not working in the wet, i defo have to iron out that somehow, because the chance for at least one wet race is really high.

JIM-NervoTank

3-time AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014

Oh dear lol I felt **** while heavy rain during all star race. All I could do was to defend from someone faster than me during 20 laps, not even attack haha. Im not sure if I want rain for this track, but I would prefer a dry race for this one.

And @alexukr I know what's wrong in your setup that makes you go slower in the rain

Last edited:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
So judging by the all star race we're looking at low 33's for pole, maybe a high 32?

Ali Kidd

F1 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Mar 26, 2016
Don't think I can take another **** race here. Had so much bullshit in races recently, in PSGL and AOR.

Reactions: BigC_019

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
I will blow up if it doesn't rain here. Hate the place with a passion. @F1_Dan isn't able to attend btw.

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Oh dear lol I felt **** while heavy rain during all star race. All I could do was to defend from someone faster than me during 20 laps, not even attack haha. Im not sure if I want rain for this track, but I would prefer a dry race for this one.

And @alexukr I know what's wrong in your setup that makes you go slower in the rain
Yeah i have a few suspects aswell, as i was clearly better in the rain a few weeks ago. No Idea if i have enough time to test it though because this week is horrible for me in terms of exams.

btw this is post number 1000 so fml. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
Did a 33.3 with racing line, so mid to low 34s I expect for me... M-H I did in career mode at the start of the game so I'd like to think that's still possible.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Yeah I think that is definitely possible. Tyre wear is much harsher at Malaysia for me on the pad than here, and I still wouldn't say I drive conservatively here. Kind of realised I need to push to the maximum to give myself a chance and then worry about the compromises I've made to be in the situation later

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Hoping to do a mid 33 by race day, as I did a 33.9 the other day in a quali session that was far from perfect. Feel like the strategy is the exact same as Malaysia as I was able to take the softs 8 laps in the race. Not sure how long the Hards will go, but I'm assuming a M-H or S-H-S will be the way to go.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Also, for those that don't pay attention to these things:

The Hards are MANDATORY again this week.