PS4 - Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix - Sunday 24th February 2019 (8:00PM UK Time) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix - Sunday 24th February 2019 (8:00PM UK Time)

HoinkDoink

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 18, 2017
Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 24th February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Course
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

milanozie

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 3, 2018
Hey everyone, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out.
I suddenly have way too much going on in private life& work to be able to enjoy dedicating the time into practice & structural racing on sunday.
I've had a lot of fun throughout the seasons (even though my results were sh*t :eek:) but when I play games now it's usually for 30 minutes to sit down and release some stress, and I can't put myself into the dedication of having to practice for a race. I'll just be a bumper car for others during the race without practice, and that's not what I want.

Apart from that I'm also starting my Thesis in 2 weeks, so any time remaining will be gone by then.

Sorry for pulling out, hope you all have fun during the remaing races!

@HoinkDoink

Reactions: FOF1YT and Carcanon

Renner9

Formula Karter
Aug 29, 2018
Qualified 8th
Race 6th

Enjoyed that. Considering it started raining on lap 12, and the inters didn’t work until lap 26, was a very weird race. I had 0 practice again, I’m guna try put 3-4 hours into USA this week.

Well done to the winner and podiums. I think 2 more laps and I’d of won

Reactions: Carcanon

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
Q: 6th
R: 3rd

The one and only valid Qualifying lap I set was an warm up lap. So that didnt go as planned.

In the race I was stuck behind the medium and soft runners. Later in the first stint I wanted to keep up with them and stretch my SS to lap 10/11.
Pitted for the Softs as I thought I had to pit one more time to the inters.
Was surprised the rain stayed out and that everyone had to pit for the drys.

@pete day and @Bashful4 closed in on me and I knew that I wasnt going to win as I had six seconds of penalties.

Made a mistake at the long right and that put me behind them into third.
Happy with the result. See you all next week.

Bashful4

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Q: 3rd
R: 2nd

My inicial strategy was Softs and Mediuns because on a pratice that i have done my SS tyres started to overeating on lap 6. When in Qualify i saw that the rain was coming so i made my qualy in Mediuns with a good time.

On the race i just try to keep up with the front guys, i was surprised that much of you guys could get the SS tyres so long, the rain that should come never came so that put some of you with problems, after some pit stops, i endup being 2nd behind @pete day and in front of @Carcanon. On the last few laps my Soft tyres started to give me problems, however i could keep the 2nd place. Good race for me.

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
Q: 3rd
R: 2nd

My inicial strategy was Softs and Mediuns because on a pratice that i have done my SS tyres started to overeating on lap 6. When in Qualify i saw that the rain was coming so i made my qualy in Mediuns with a good time.

On the race i just try to keep up with the front guys, i was surprised that much of you guys could get the SS tyres so long,
Only @alexP and myself were on the SS if I remember it correctly. I did not have much trouble with the tyre temps or wear till lap 8/9.

Bashful4

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Only @alexP and myself were on the SS if I remember it correctly. I did not have much trouble with the tyre temps or wear till lap 8/9.
Yeah, i cant remenber exactly but i saw that the driver behind me or in front of me were with the SS tyres for more laps than i expected.

Peter day

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Qauli 4th Was happen with that as i was slower than wot i did in practice

Race 1st

had a good start for once had a good battle with bash he made a mistake in s2 got passed him than afew laps after got passed me teamate who force me wide in Turn 1 just happy i dnt spin cuz of it lasr couple of laps i find it hard to stay on track at lap 25 made 2 little errors with bash closing the gap. Well done the the rest of the podium