PC - Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/18 8:00pm]

Status
Not open for further replies.

winchy33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Congratulations to @SexySpudflaps, such a sexy spudtastic drive, well done

My race - I started 16th and finished 13th. Nothing else happened.

Did anyone else get distracted by the giant planes in the sky at Turn one? I don't know if I'm dumb for not noticing them before but they made me miss my braking zone twice at T1 :lol:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Congratulations to @SexySpudflaps, such a sexy spudtastic drive, well done

My race - I started 16th and finished 13th. Nothing else happened.

Did anyone else get distracted by the giant planes in the sky at Turn one? I don't know if I'm dumb for not noticing them before but they made me miss my braking zone twice at T1 :lol:
Did you miss them on the back straight? Or are they different for everyone?

winchy33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Did you miss them on the back straight? Or are they different for everyone?
I wondered that, I only noticed at turn one but there were probably more. I was too focused on the road I guess ;)

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
Oh Lawd, I’m so upset with myself. I practiced a good 5 hours for my home race and was feeling pretty good. I even made the bold decision to give cockpit cam a shot and I liked it...til I was in traffic.

I couldn’t get a decent qualy run. My qualy pace in practice was a 1:34.4 and the best run I could come up with was a 1:35.2. Extremely disappointed with myself there.

I started in P11 where I seem to start the majority of my races now in the middle of the pack. My qualy pace has definitely went downhill. I almost missed the race due to nearly falling asleep as I’ve been on midnight shift this month and the race starts at 2 PM my time.

Start was average. Held onto P11 and made some nice overtakes and found myself in P6. Then up to P4 before making my first stop. I had an incident with ACR Niek in S3, but he gave the position back so I thank you for that.

It seemed like I was having to hold off @yoan97222 all race, I just couldn’t put any distance between him. In the dying laps of the race I caught up with @LukeBin010 and @Sjoelbakkie infinally passed @LukeBin010 but could not get passed @Sjoelbakkie nice driving by him. I attempted to go for an overtake on @Sjoelbakkie im the hairpin in S2. @Sjoelbakkie left the room and I left him room, but then I got on the gas too quickly and binned it. I watched the rest of the race and had I not royally screwed up I possibly could’ve had a top 5 at my home, **** circuit.

Congrats to @SexySpudflaps on a race win and thank you everyone for a clean and intense race. Not getting taken out this weekend reignited my motivation. Really sucks though I ruined my own race.

Last edited:

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
Quali: P6
Let me tell this. ****. This. Track. I know Liberty won't ever get rid of this one, but a man hopes to see it happen. Back to topic: On the first outing good a meh lap, and on the second, which for some reason was only one shot, I went wide and got a meme flag.

Race: P2 (US/SS/US)
Tell me, @SexySpudflaps, where did that pace come from? Holy ****, I could not catch up to you in neither one of my stints. On top of that I got a 3 second penalty which was honestly just only because of FIA's inability to let tracks have the actual road end at the white line and not have a highway-esque rescue line across the damn track. Overall, I had the chance to get the title here, but the **** qual pretty much ruined it for me.
I’m not sure myself, I was feeling really relaxed, I reckon if you’d not had issues with traffic I wouldn’t have had a chance

Reactions: Steve Jackson

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Quali: P6
Let me tell this. ****. This. Track. I know Liberty won't ever get rid of this one, but a man hopes to see it happen. Back to topic: On the first outing good a meh lap, and on the second, which for some reason was only one shot, I went wide and got a meme flag.

Race: P2 (US/SS/US)
Tell me, @SexySpudflaps, where did that pace come from? Holy ****, I could not catch up to you in neither one of my stints. On top of that I got a 3 second penalty which was honestly just only because of FIA's inability to let tracks have the actual road end at the white line and not have a highway-esque rescue line across the damn track. Overall, I had the chance to get the title here, but the **** qual pretty much ruined it for me.
I think they'd be happy with another track, just not losing the race. I think the plan is for two or three US rounds. Pacific and Atlantic GPs may well make a comeback as street circuits.

I'd be happy with a West Coast street venue alternating with an East Coast one, plus the retention of the US GP at either CotA or Indy.

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
I think they'd be happy with another track, just not losing the race. I think the plan is for two or three US rounds. Pacific and Atlantic GPs may well make a comeback as street circuits.

I'd be happy with a West Coast street venue alternating with an East Coast one, plus the retention of the US GP at either CotA or Indy.
I think Indy would be the best bet. They completely redid the infield circuit since F1 was last there and it’s more suitable to the modern F1 cars. I would really like to see F1 return to Watkins Glen. That place is amazing.

Reactions: Steve Jackson

yoan97222

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 5 Champion
Sep 22, 2016
Quali : P15
Not much too improve in quali. this track is very hard in pure speed. I could have probably get 3 or 4 tenth less but i would still out of the top 10.

Race : P8
The race has been awesome. there was a lot of action and I managed to make my way to P5 on the line. a shame that i had so many corner cutting.
I've been racing againt @Kane Jr during almost all the race and it was great fun and later @LukeBin010 joining the fun. it took me 20 laps to overtake ;).
The midfield seemed to be very close.

Here is my POV :

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
Code masters logic: Rienk gets a black and white flag for cutting the second to last corner and is allowed to continue on for his next run. Kane gets a black and white flag for cutting the second turn at Malaysia and gets that lap and the next lap invalidated.

Good video by the way, @Rienk

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 13th

Threw away a good half second or so here, probably wouldn't have been so important as it might not really have influenced my starting position. I would have been happier given I was struggling to get inside 1:36 most of the week. It would have looked better, as I have to shake this 'backmarker' tag I seem to have been saddled with. I have uploaded both quali attempts so you can see where I bin it.

R: 14th US/SS/SS (1,16)

This was obviously not the desirable strategy, I just kind of blew my own first lap, so that's included in all it's glory. I was then left with a whole load of uneventful laps, not falling away but not closing, a few places gained by attrition. The final tyre choice was a mistake as I'm sure I loaded a US/SS/US strategy but having Discord and Jeff on the same button isn't really working out.

I'm glad you all had a good race in the midfield, I'd have just liked to be part of it. On your own you miss the DRS and for some reason my car felt oddly unable to get full acceleration after the stop, just didn't seem keen to get up the rev range.

'Grats to @SexySpudflaps on the win. @Kiinako seems to be stalling on the inevitable. Can't be worse in Mexico?

Status
Not open for further replies.