PS4 - Round 17 - United States Grand Prix (25/02/18 8:00pm) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 17 - United States Grand Prix (25/02/18 8:00pm)

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Round 17 - United States Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@BigC_019
@Klayyyyyy
@RC Wallen
@Alberto_222
@XxCarrexX06

Last edited:

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
@alexukr @XxCarrexX06 @wooly51 @Ollie_D631 @Ali Kidd @Aressi191 @Simo911 @Klayyyyyy @clarky_110 @BigC_019 @Rc-Alonso44 @jake_lfc01 @ShaqzzEU @RC Wallen @ch1cken1990 @SynTeTiC96 @Alberto_222

so guys, we had a lot of dropouts and a lot of new drivers in this season, i just wanted to say that as we are only 17 full time drivers now i want to see everyone trying his best to attend the last 4 races to have at least a descent grid to race with bc nine finishers are rather shocking and i hope that this wont repeat itself again.

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
Yeah I'm kinda absent too, I'm going to the Manchester United - Chelsea game with my dad, it's my first missed AOR race since I joined at the start of S13 so I'd like to think I'm allowed one off ;) Not much point in turning up anyway given cockpit cam is a 0.5+ second per lap disadvantage here...

• Informative
Reactions: F4H_Green

BIGPRENTA

S15 AOR PS4 F3 Champion
Dec 31, 2015
Hey I’m looking to join the f1 league is there any steps or any guidelines anyone can help me with.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
field is looking quite thin... , prayers that no one pulls out anymore

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016
Qualifying 1st

Lap was good.

Race 6th

After bad start followed Ollie first stint. Pitting on lap 9 again losing many seconds in pitlane. Catched Ollie again and we had really good battle for win until I got puncture. Frustrating to lose points but went for this race too with very little practise so not too dissapointed. Congrats to @Ollie_D631 for well deserved win. Also congrats to podium finishers.

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Quali - 3rd. At least I can do a first run which is representative of my pace and follow it with a second run. Went full Bottas today to Ollie on both runs

Race - Got a good start, and was alongside Aressi coming out of T1 but as I ended up on the astro on the outside I had no grip and fell back into 3rd, then it was a case of just running around, Had good speed and kept within distance of Ollie and Aressi, fell back a little later in the stint with small mistakes and a loss of rear grip. Made the decision on Lap 9 to do the opposite of Ollie and as he pitted I stayed out, bad move, as my tyres were very on the edge.

Pitted 3 seconds ahead of chicken, but for some reason I was kept in the box to allow the Renault, Ferrari and Force India to all go in the pit lane before I left, this cost me 2-3 seconds and meant I came out behind Rc Alonso, Alex and crucially, Clarky, who I was with before the stops. Then I made an error and hit RC alonso in the final sector as I was worried about his car positioning when he lagged on the backstraight (Video rendering) This dropped me behind Chicken and that was the end for me. I was much faster, but I wasn't faster in the right places, namely the two straights and couldnt pass. So with 8 to go, I decided to pit for a fresh set of US tyres safe in the knowledge that I would leave the pits in the points anyway, drove really nicely, caught back up to the train I had pitted from within but then had to sit and watch Chicken defend in a style that was, in my opinion, overly aggressive and in poor taste. The tyres allowed me to pass him and Alex, before Aressi got a puncture and Ali had his own incident earlier on passing Chicken to mean that I finished a very nice 5th.

I've DOUBLED my points tally in this race. LOL

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
Quali: P5, solid lap considering i had massive problems with setups, couldnt find one that suits my driving style at all.
Race: P2, insane race, tried the two stop and it worked really well. Had a lot of really entertaining fights and close battles.
Congrats to @Ollie_D631 and @clarky_110 as well

Anthonie251988

Junior Karter
Feb 28, 2018
Hi all am a newbie to the forum I’ve been wanting to join a league for a while just getting fed up with noobs crashing wrecking me and weaving all over the track first corner crashes etc. I didnt know where to turn to until I started seeing AOR on YouTube. Am a clean racer as I’ve always have been. I race with assists off and a basic wheel on PS4. Race distance I can manage is 50% at best. Are there are any available slots left? I mostly race in F1 2017. My PSN ID is the same as my forum ID. Am not that busy most of the time so I can attend races when there on. People have called me a noob at times because I tend to stick actuall f1 rules and use racing line more than some. I can’t help it it’s how I’ve always played f1 games. My location is UK. I don’t race competitively anymore but just for fun most of the time.

Thanks.