PC - Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [25/02/2018 08:00PM]

F1 Coordinator
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 17 - United States Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

F1 Coordinator
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Unfortunately another no-show for me. My PC is still in boxes, moved into another place yesterday and haven't had the time to set it all up again, also not really a priority right now :p

You all know the drill - don't forget to add @Jipper on Steam, he'll be the one setting up the lobby and sending the first invites. Please help him with inviting others once you're in the lobby. Also, please don't forget to make screenshots of the results (or if someone records them, that's fine too).

Good luck, and see you all (hopefully) next week!

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 15, 2017
Qualy - P12...
...which was okay cuz I honestly hate this track. Like, so much. Anyways that's not an excuse, besides it's an okay place to get points right?

Race - DNF
Actually the start was fun, some good racing happened with the names like @VARD , @Ztikes, @MAGNUSSEN and @ApplePhysics. Unfortunately I got involved into the fight with them a little bit too hot with ultras and broke my FW, but that was okay. Put the softs on. Now here is the good part... Softs are tricky to drive on this unsatisfying track. I also got a huge distraction IRL, and squeezed the throttle too much... Crashed into the pit wall. Anyway a race to forget.

Congrats to @Jipper for the win and @Indigo , @Flips for their podium worthy drives. I'll see you guys in Mexico.
Last edited:

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 16, 2017
Qualy: P1
Race: P5

This was a bad race for me because there were some parts in the race that I felt super quick and other parts that I had almost no confidence while driving because of the high degredation of my tyres. I don't know if I am the only one that experienced it or it is a pad related thing but it really hurt my chances of winning.

After a strong start, I managed to build a gap of 3 seconds to @Indigo, @Jipper and @Flips. But towards the end of my stint, around lap 6-7 I believe, I've lost all the pace I had and lost two positions to Jipper and Indigo. After getting overtaken by them on lap 8 and already losing around a second to them on just one sector, I decided to pit in for SS tyres (which was a huge mistake).

Indigo pitted a lap later and I barely got ahead of him after going side by side into the first sector. After that, I passed Flips (which he didnt put up a fight, assuming he wanted me to chase after Jipper) for P2. I chased down Jipper for many laps and I managed to get DRS once. But once again, after a while, my tyres started to go off and I was sliding all over the place. I got caught up by Indigo and Flips, and on the final lap my left rear tyre finally blew up, soon followed by my front right tyre.

Overall, a fun race that could have ended with a podium if I had put on softs. Instead I learned that you can have slow punctures in this game, which is nice.

Congratulations to @Jipper. We might have been on similar one lap pace but your race pace was superior to mine around COTA. Well done to @Indigo and @Flips for P2 and P3.

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Q: P4
R: P1

Qually! wow, i thought i'd made a massive mistake! i dropped 4 tenths in the last corner and took provisional pole. and when @Flips took second place behind me i thought i was still safe, however he went for a second run and pipped me then slowly i was being pipped and ended up 4th, but wow it was close! if i hadnt have dropped the 4 tenths it would have been my 2nd pole but what will be will be!

Race, Was very tense for the first half, but thanks to careful tyre strat it was a cruise to the victory after that, off the grid i got a bad start i took too long changing my settings from qualy to race in the MFD, next thing lights were going out! fortunately i wasnt the only one slow off the line and came out of the 1st corner in 2nd side by side with @Indigo we started going round the first few corners of the sector 1 esses and i thought better of it and dropped the throttle to let him past, i was thinking of the championship here as @Flips was behind, but after 2 laps of chasing @Indigo and 1 failed overtake attempt (overshooting the brakes) i passed him and pressed on to catch @Snook, once i caught him his tyres were clearly shot in comparison and he was making alot of mistakes, so i managed to capitalise on that, i pitted 2 laps later for the Softs, @Flips had also done the same 2 laps earlier going for the undercut, but unforuntately he got caught up in traffic, so when i left the pit lane i was Marginarly infront of him and retained Net 1st (@Scott_Aitchison had'nt pitted yet) from here i drove a flawless race and started to pull away from @Flips, the other guys @Snook and @Indigo went for the SS tyres so had initial pace and passed @Flips and started to catch me slowly but surely. however by the time @Snook was within DRS there was only 10 laps left or so and i was on 30% tyres so tonnes of grip left, he never had enough to challenge me and eventually i started pulling away, and was able to cruise away to victory, not sure what happened at the end as @Snook ended up 5th instead of 2nd!

but congrats to @Indigo and @Flips on completing the podium! onwards to Mexicó we go! :)

Last edited:

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 27, 2015
R 6th

I put in a good lap in qualifying, I thought I was going to be on the front row at one point, but others improved at the end of the session. Race start was good for once, I thought I would make places into turn 1, but being n the outside cost me a few places and I dropped to 8th by the end of the first lap. Towards the end of my first stint, I h managed to pass @Nutzernutzt, but he go an undercut on me. I tapped the wall on the entrance to the pitlane and damaged my front wing. This was costing me around a second a lap on my last stint, which is annoying as I could have easily finished 4th had ths not have happened. My POV is below: